The hard question on everyones mind at Kansas city.

djb28

Reaction score
Don't forget that they also have the best and LOUDEST fan base. :sarcasm_on:

davidonmi

Reaction score
KC is 29th in the league allowing 4.6 ypc, that's a matchup we need to be able to exploit.
Also get Wilson moving, apparently they're a man defense, so if Wilson can break loose the defense will have their back's turned.
I'm really worried Smith/Kelce will abuse our inexperienced backup LBers

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If we pound the rock like we did today I think we have a chance, Chiefs are giving up over 100 yards a game with 4.4 average.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rat":37j4x2hj said:
The Chiefs are probably the second worst team remaining on our schedule. Going to be a tough one, but it's one a team of this caliber should win.

...and there lies the problem with this post, and many others like it. Rat. I notice that certain posters are constantly over-estimating the talent or 'caliber' of this team, IMO. That is probably why many of the people that make such posts have blamed our various coaching staffs. This team is barely above mediocre at this time. Injuries, attrition and lack of continuity at many positions have definitely impacted the level of play, but it is what it is.

If we were consistently fielding the 'caliber' of players you speak of, it would reflect in the level of play. So far that has not happened. Anybody who thinks that this team, at present state, can be expected to go into Arrowhead and win is smoking some REALLY good stuff.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Per the usual, Seahawks win the turnover battle, theyll be in good position to win.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":20rmenp3 said:
This is a terrible matchup at a terrible time.

It is conceivable that the hawks could end up 0-3 and knocked out of the playoffs in the next 3 games.

1-2 is likely

2-1 would be a major victory
If we go 3-0 will you leave this forum forever?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
blazen2392":23t941im said:
Can we pull off a win in Kansas City? The hawks are not known to be the best road team, and Kansas city is a Monster at home. they are currently 3-0 at home. This might be the first game this year where the hawks for the first time are the expected underdogs. What do our chances look like?
They are 3-1 at home, they got blown out by Tennessee at home in Week 1.

getnasty

Reaction score
Come on people, at least have shred of confidence that we can go on the road and beat Alex freaking Smith. We Haven't played a complete game since Green Bay but were definitely inching closer. In fact the second half of today might have been the first time i've seen the guys having fun and playing with Swag all year. No doubt it will be tough but if my boy Dave Kreig can get sacked 32 times in a game and still come out on top I think we have a decent shot.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We are slowing returning to a place that we find our rhythm from within not from the game at hand. We have to play every down like we are down by 6 with less than a minute to go in the 4th.

Desperation in our preparation of separation!
This is the best kind of game for us. We need bone to sharpen our teeth on. We need fire to harden our steel!!

WE WILL WIN. Bet on it!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think we stick with the same gameplan as the second half against the Giants. Pound the rock with our three backs, read option with Wilson and just try to maul their defense until they cheat too much against the run, then pop it over the top.

We need to stop Charles, good thing we're one of the best in the league at stopping the run.

It's gonna be tough, but we'll be in it to the end and it's going to come down to the way the ball bounces.

Largent80

Reaction score
Chiefs DC can't be all warm and fuzzy after watching us run the ball yesterday. That option with RW produced how many 1st downs? And when they tried to stop it Beast , CM and Turbin made them pay. Tuafuku (sp) was road grating yesterday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
KC is horrible at defensing the run, and not completed a TD pass to a WR yet this year.

IF we can get Maxwell & Kam back to start, this should atleast help strike a little fear in Alex Smith.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I cannot believe the amount of smoke being blown up the skirts of the Chiefs in this thread. Fantasy football has made people daft or something. If you love fnatasy ball, you need to know one thing: Pick up the KC kicker, Alex Smith is a field goal kickers best good buddy. Even I know those don't come along every day.

KC is led by Alex Smith. He reads Press man cover about as well as I read chinese. The no TDs on the ground thing is a mirage, that run D is very gashable. The pass D is formidable, they get after QBs. How big an adjustment will it be for them going after a QB whose biggest flaw is vs a mush rush? It isn't their nature to slow rush. They are sweating just as much this week as you fans are, watching Russell.

And Andy Reid. KC plays more phyiscal than the Eagles used too, but Reid is just as ready to quit on the run as he ever was. You'll know when he has, his running backs will run flares several plays in a row, or screens 2 out of 3. My biggest fear is that we get nibbled to death on the edges like with San Diego.

You may not love the O-line, but after what they did last week they will be looking to pick Marshawn up and carry him.

My biggest concern is special teams. Hopefully the return of Jeron Johnson shores that up, because black mamba is legit.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
This game will be a challenge. But the rest of the schedule will be a challenge. If we pound the rock like we should, we will be right where we need to be at the end of the game. Wear them down, win the game in the 4th quarter.

Go Hawks!

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3q4i1tpl said:
I cannot believe the amount of smoke being blown up the skirts of the Chiefs in this thread. Fantasy football has made people daft or something. If you love fnatasy ball, you need to know one thing: Pick up the KC kicker, Alex Smith is a field goal kickers best good buddy. Even I know those don't come along every day.

KC is led by Alex Smith. He reads Press man cover about as well as I read chinese. The no TDs on the ground thing is a mirage, that run D is very gashable. The pass D is formidable, they get after QBs. How big an adjustment will it be for them going after a QB whose biggest flaw is vs a mush rush? It isn't their nature to slow rush. They are sweating just as much this week as you fans are, watching Russell.

And Andy Reid. KC plays more phyiscal than the Eagles used too, but Reid is just as ready to quit on the run as he ever was. You'll know when he has, his running backs will run flares several plays in a row, or screens 2 out of 3. My biggest fear is that we get nibbled to death on the edges like with San Diego.

You may not love the O-line, but after what they did last week they will be looking to pick Marshawn up and carry him.

My biggest concern is special teams. Hopefully the return of Jeron Johnson shores that up, because black mamba is legit.

It all hinges on Seattles current defensive weakness; that shallow middle zone (Smith doesn't have the arm strength to hit the other weakness). Charles will get his, but this is the first matchup where Coyle isn't dwarfed by an opposing RB.

Smith may go 32/36 for 125 yards or something gross like that.

I'm not sure the Hawks can stop those routes right now without conceeding another area. I'd maybe like Irvin in the middle on the nickel package, he's good in coverage and thats where they'll attack.

Barthawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":1hh7npi8 said:
marko358":1hh7npi8 said:
How healthy is KC? They missing as many key starters as us?

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing. We will eat the Cards alive coming off a loss, even if they had palmer.

Blown out? Seahawks have not been blown out in 3 years and I don't see an Alex Smith led offense blowing out this team. I know you are more scared of the Chiefs than I probably am, but this is only because we do still have the 4th ranked defense in the NFL despite missing Wags, Kam, and Bmax for the good portion of a month.

We boast the best the run defense in the NFL in terms of YPC, so I would say the pressure is on Alex Smith and Andy Reid to liven up their passing game.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
Barthawk":1rovynay said:
blazen2392":1rovynay said:
marko358":1rovynay said:
How healthy is KC? They missing as many key starters as us?

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing. We will eat the Cards alive coming off a loss, even if they had palmer.

Blown out? Seahawks have not been blown out in 3 years and I don't see an Alex Smith led offense blowing out this team. I know you are more scared of the Chiefs than I probably am, but this is only because we do still have the 4th ranked defense in the NFL despite missing Wags, Kam, and Bmax for the good portion of a month.

We boast the best the run defense in the NFL in terms of YPC, so I would say the pressure is on Alex Smith and Andy Reid to liven up their passing game.

What really scares me is that we are one of the most penalized teams on the road. maybe blown out is a little excessive, but i expect it to look something like the chargers game. People that are not worried should remember that they blew out the patriots 42-14 at home. That is no joke and that is the type of team we are playing at home. Vegas has us as underdogs for a reason and for the first time this year, i am not expecting a win, i am hoping for one. BTW How much time do we have to wait for Wagner? before he got injured he was playing as our best defender. He was so instrumental in that broncos win. This is the game we would need him more than ever.