The Negativity is Crazy

idahohawk

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Yes the defense dominated that game. But the offense was a joke. We are gonna need body bags by the bye if someone doesn't work a miracle with this OL. They are beyond horrible. Last night felt like a loss, it was an escape. Call this what you want. Yeah our D is great. They held a neutered Detroit team with zero run game to 3 pts (damn near 10 pts) at home. Awesome. But they also needed a miracle play by Kam and a botched call by the ref to win the game.

I'll temper my positivity if that is OK.

WilliamCooper":31juts08 said:
Our defense has held opponents to 3 points in 8 quarters of football. I don't care who you are playing in the NFL, that is unheard of in this era of football where the rules are so bent towards offense it's insane. Do the Bears and Lions suck, yea, they do. Did we beat them? Yes. Be happy.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":pwdzbqte said:
TwistedHusky":pwdzbqte said:
The negativity is crazy?

You realize that according to one article, in the past 4 games we have given up 18 sacks right?

At first it was:

"Well the Rams are an amazing offense and it is their SuperBowl"

Then it was:

"The Packers are that much better and we had to play them in Green Bay"

Then (after giving up 4 sacks to the sackless Bears AT HOME):

"That is weird but hey we won! Just a bad day for the line...it happens"

Now after yesterday?

"Maybe the offensive line does suck..."

So basically every team is assured of getting at least 4 sacks against us. Even a team with no sacks coming in or little QB pressure in other games. But nothing to worry about right?

I myself have seen plenty of teams that allow the opponents to relentlessly beat on their QB, always go far in the playoffs right? Great, we won a game we likely lost but for the bad call. We still clearly have an uphill battle because teams that give up sack after sack in games don't go far in the playoffs historically.
We're 2-2 and a game out of first in the West. That's the bottom line. We've been here before and thrived. Maybe if you weren't in such a panic mode, you'd have the chance to enjoy the journey, so when the confetti is falling in Santa Clara you don't say to yourself: "Huh, this all seems like such a blur. I was hyperventilating so much about a few sacks that I missed a half dozen of our wins and now here we are, back on top, and I missed the forest for the trees .... oh woe is me :oops: "

Diggin' in. Gotta give it to ya Sioux, you're going all in on a squad that quite frankly looks like dogsh*t when they have the ball. And I get it, last year we were 3-3, just coming off of a loss at the StL.

Does this really feel the same to you? Do you honestly believe that because we took the pot with a high pair that we'll do it again? I feel like this time we're holding an ace-2 off suit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nhx7tl3 said:
TwistedHusky":1nhx7tl3 said:
The negativity is crazy?

You realize that according to one article, in the past 4 games we have given up 18 sacks right?

At first it was:

Then it was:

Now after yesterday?

So basically every team is assured of getting at least 4 sacks against us. Even a team with no sacks coming in or little QB pressure in other games. But nothing to worry about right?

I myself have seen plenty of teams that allow the opponents to relentlessly beat on their QB, always go far in the playoffs right? Great, we won a game we likely lost but for the bad call. We still clearly have an uphill battle because teams that give up sack after sack in games don't go far in the playoffs historically.
We're 2-2 and a game out of first in the West. That's the bottom line. We've been here before and thrived. Maybe if you weren't in such a panic mode, you'd have the chance to enjoy the journey, so when the confetti is falling in Santa Clara you don't say to yourself: "Huh, this all seems like such a blur. I was hyperventilating so much about a few sacks that I missed a half dozen of our wins and now here we are, back on top, and I missed the forest for the trees .... oh woe is me :oops: "

I have some Ocean Front property in Kansas I want to sell you, they tell me there will eventually be a sink age in Louisiana and that the Super Cauldron could cause a shift in the plate so that the gulf will flood in creating a lot of new tourist spots and prime real estate.

I can make you a great deal since you are such an optimist and don't mind waiting.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30gnre9h said:
...At first it was:

Then it was:

Now after yesterday?

Hehe... this pretty much is exactly how my progression of feelings has gone over this first four weeks. Nailed it.

I try not to get to wrapped up in some of the back-and-forth, and in general, it's more fun for me to be an optimistic fan than the other way. (I tend to think that constantly pessimistic fans are buying a sort of "emotional insurance", but that's a whole 'nother topic.)

But it's hard not to think that if they don't at least improve to below average, this O-Line is going to prevent the team from achieving its goals this season. A little more luck with turnovers and few confidence-building short fields would certainly be helpful. Perhaps Mr. Dalton will oblige...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2pjbsjzm said:
Siouxhawk":2pjbsjzm said:
TwistedHusky":2pjbsjzm said:
The negativity is crazy?

At first it was:

Then it was:

Now after yesterday?

Diggin' in. Gotta give it to ya Sioux, you're going all in on a squad that quite frankly looks like dogsh*t when they have the ball. And I get it, last year we were 3-3, just coming off of a loss at the StL.

Does this really feel the same to you? Do you honestly believe that because we took the pot with a high pair that we'll do it again? I feel like this time we're holding an ace-2 off suit.
Haha. I love the poker analogy LoneHawk. Just remember that we have that ace of spades under the table with Marshawn coming back. My hope lies within our offensive line developing. Yeah, I'll push the chips in in saying we'll go 2-1 in our next 3 games and that will buy us time for Okung-Britt-Nowak (or Lewis)-Sweezy-Gilliam to get it together, unify as the Puget Sound Posse and become the force that allows us to go 7-2 in the second half of the season and hopefully have home field through the NFC Championship Game. We go back to Green Bay and out-Lambeau Leap them back to the Wardrobe-Malfunction 50th Anniversary Game in Santa Clara. Bruno Mars being the halftime entertainment and a dead ringer for Russell is the good omen we need to dance under the confetti in the home of our biggest rival. Boom.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":119kes46 said:
Siouxhawk":119kes46 said:
TwistedHusky":119kes46 said:
The negativity is crazy?

At first it was:

Then it was:

Now after yesterday?

I have some Ocean Front property in Kansas I want to sell you, they tell me there will eventually be a sink age in Louisiana and that the Super Cauldron could cause a shift in the plate so that the gulf will flood in creating a lot of new tourist spots and prime real estate.

I can make you a great deal since you are such an optimist and don't mind waiting.
Throw in some magic beans and you've got yourself a deal.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
2-2. Considering we didn't have Kam for 2 games, no Beast for yesterday and much of game 3 and a swiss cheese O-Line etc. 2-2 isn't bad. If Kam's backup doesn't fall down in St. Louis, we are sitting at 3-1, somehow.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Expectations are high, going back to back to Superbowls, the expectation is we will win every game. It is a hard expectation to meet. If you see where we left off last time, it is a natural mind set that this year we will do better. When we don't, people react differently, some negatively, some just ok and some with everything is going to be ok mindset. Fans are fans, we worry a lot when we see our team not doing what we thought they would do. It's okay, its all about football. There is nothing personal about it. I read every post, I want to respond, then I think then I smile, take a deep breath and look forward to the next game.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I thought telling people how to be fans was against forum policy?

Anyways, I don't care about the negativity. Its what you get with success. Its the difference between "twelves" and Seahawk fans. "Twelves" are new to the game, its trendy/cool thing to do and in general that group isn't patient as they haven't suffered through anything. Seahawk fans have been here for awhile. They know what losing seasons feel like and they understand patience is required.

:thirishdrinkers:

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":pjgbux8b said:
I thought telling people how to be fans was against forum policy?

Anyways, I don't care about the negativity. Its what you get with success. Its the difference between "twelves" and Seahawk fans. "Twelves" are new to the game, its trendy/cool thing to do and in general that group isn't patient as they haven't suffered through anything. Seahawk fans have been here for awhile. They know what losing seasons feel like and they understand patience is required.

:thirishdrinkers:

This ain't even close to the truth.

I can't remember being a fan of any other team. My family was part of the original season ticket holding group.

It's more of a sociology study. Personally, I'm happy people are different from each other; would you ever even visit this board if everyone said the same thing? Individuality is fantastic.

Don't act holier than thou, you ain't.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":y3kn3rm7 said:
No one is saying anything bad about the defense. Clearly they are playing great. Everyone has a problem with the offense. Isn't that obvious?
I think it's fabulous that we have a bunch of sin eaters around here, because that leaves the ones who want to hang onto the feel good, free to do just that.
It doesn't take a World Scholar to recognize that the Seahawks Coaching Staff are acutely aware of the numerous mistakes that are being made, they are getting paid $BIG BUCKS to fix the screw-ups.
I'm not going to beat myself up with the negativity, because there's ALWAYS something negative to hang your hat on, IF that's your gig.
I think there are too many Negative Nancy's that think that their misery needs company.