The NFL's best and worst offensive arsenals?

John63

Reaction score
sutz":3uen7k7o said:
If Russ is healthy, we're middle of the pack at least, and likely top 10. :229031_shrug:

except this is not about the QB this is specifically the talent around them. Ie RB and mainly WR. Which as of now may be accurate. Once we play adn we see how the WRs outside of Lockett play that can change.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":327ktyn5 said:
If Russ is healthy, we're middle of the pack at least, and likely top 10. :229031_shrug:
The dude that wrote this article (And a few others in here) would have us believe that the Quarterback doesn't have anything to do with how receivers will develop, or how well a Running Backs will perform, NOT taking into account the R O, or a Quarterback that has run for nearly 700 yards in one season, thus, we are to digest the incomplete data.
The author points to stand out Receivers like Julio Jones & other big name players to come up with his formulations.
All this shows, is that the Pass Happy Teams with STAR Receivers don't need a Quarterback to bolster their numbers....I guess we're suppose to believe that they can just throw the ball down field, and then go and catch it themselves.
Problem with this theory, is that it's the QUARTERBACKS that target these "Star Receivers" and gets them their hefty numbers we are suppose to accept that all those receptions happened in a vacuum......OH BUT, we aren't including the Quarterback....WHAT?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Taking the QB out of play is a real dumb way of looking at an offense.
Looks like the writer was just gunning for a perceived certain narrative or outcome.

Lazy sports journalism at its worst.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":d99q84m9 said:
scutterhawk":d99q84m9 said:
John63":d99q84m9 said:
scutterhawk":d99q84m9 said:
Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
You're insistence on basing your opinion, hanging with the incomplete data from that article, shows that you are the one that is in the wrong.
ONE MORE TIME, What Made The LOB outstanding, was how Thomas, Chancellor, & Sherman played >T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R<, ("SUPPORTING CAST") and when all is said and done, they will be remembered as a group, ("SUPPORTING CAST") that graded out BETTER than they did all by themselves., OH AND, Sherman playing for 49rs, isn't as stand out good as he was playing along side his LOB Brothers.

Says the man who thinks no one can be evaluated for what they bring to the table as an individual. I mean how do we know who to draft? Talk about embarrasing, you just did that to yourself. Oh and your Sherman thing hmm you don't think age or injuries might also at part huh. The reality is you can judge, grade or whatever you want to call it any player, based on what they bring to the table. Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However that base line remains. Lol Sherman not as good with SF being you example is laughable given you left out age, I hurry etc. The fact you think no one can be graded on what THEY bring to the table is the no accountability arguement which has been proven to be wrong. You can grade say a wt on his route running, his hands, his strength, his space making, all separate from others on the team and you know it, you just want to argue and I guess don't find looking silly doing it.

"Based On Who's Around Them"...FINALLY!!!!, You are starting to 'Get It' that's a good sign John.
Oh and, I'm not arguing, I'm just doing what I can, TRYING TO CORRECT YOU.
"Base Line Can Go Up Or Down", YES!!!, YES IT CAN, in FACT, having a QUARTERBACK of Wilson's caliber, will have a big impact on EVERYONE in HIS "Offensive Arsenal".

Cherry pick much? it seems you do, Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU can rate a player based on what they bring to the table..period. Now if they have more talent around them they might do better if they have less they might do worse. But that does not change what they themselves bring to the table. So sorry your still wrong, I wonder how you get reviewed for work, I mean under you premise you cant be reviewed or given pay raises since its not about you but others around you. Now do you get it or are you just not capable of understanding how you can rate someone based on what they bring to the table? FACT you can rate someone based on their individual skiils, and abilities. Deal with it,
"Cherry Pick"?, Why do you persist on showing your ignorance?
One more time John, --->YOU<--- said, "Based On Who's Around Them" -->YOU<-- SAID THAT.
Again, --->YOU<---SAID " The Base Line Can Go Up Or Down", and I agreed.
It's the QUARTERBACK, NOT jug Machines, that targets these guys, and BOTTOM LINE that's how they got to be the STAR Receivers, their numbers weren't created in a damned vacuum.
Jebus Christy, even my 14 year old Great Grandson would understand something so simple

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1whxe5xn said:
Looks like the writer was just gunning for a perceived certain narrative or outcome.

^ THIS ^

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5yy6974c said:

No he was trying to talk about the talent around the QB regardless of QB. In other words is the Wr corps for Seattle better than say Atl. Now none in their right mind would say our WR are better than Atls. That is the point.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2i1b0a19 said:
John63":2i1b0a19 said:
scutterhawk":2i1b0a19 said:
John63":2i1b0a19 said:
Says the man who thinks no one can be evaluated for what they bring to the table as an individual. I mean how do we know who to draft? Talk about embarrasing, you just did that to yourself. Oh and your Sherman thing hmm you don't think age or injuries might also at part huh. The reality is you can judge, grade or whatever you want to call it any player, based on what they bring to the table. Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However that base line remains. Lol Sherman not as good with SF being you example is laughable given you left out age, I hurry etc. The fact you think no one can be graded on what THEY bring to the table is the no accountability arguement which has been proven to be wrong. You can grade say a wt on his route running, his hands, his strength, his space making, all separate from others on the team and you know it, you just want to argue and I guess don't find looking silly doing it.

"Based On Who's Around Them"...FINALLY!!!!, You are starting to 'Get It' that's a good sign John.
"Base Line Can Go Up Or Down", YES!!!, YES IT CAN, in FACT, having a QUARTERBACK of Wilson's caliber, will have a big impact on EVERYONE in HIS "Offensive Arsenal".

Cherry pick much? it seems you do, Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU can rate a player based on what they bring to the table..period. Now if they have more talent around them they might do better if they have less they might do worse. But that does not change what they themselves bring to the table. So sorry your still wrong, I wonder how you get reviewed for work, I mean under you premise you cant be reviewed or given pay raises since its not about you but others around you. Now do you get it or are you just not capable of understanding how you can rate someone based on what they bring to the table? FACT you can rate someone based on their individual skiils, and abilities. Deal with it,
One more time John, --->YOU<--- said, "Based On Who's Around Them" -->YOU<-- SAID THAT.
It's the QUARTERBACK, NOT jug Machines, that targets these guys, and BOTTOM LINE that's how they got to be the STAR Receivers, their numbers weren't created in a damned vacuum.
Jebus Christy, even my 14 year old Great Grandson would understand something so simple

Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU CAN RANK PLAYERS ADN GROUPS OF PLAYERS RELEVANT TO WHAT THEY BRING TO THE TABLE. I presume at one point you got a review in your job. That review was based on your performance, not the performance of the others, yours. There I said it so simple a caveman could understand it, hopefully that means you too. Oh and base don whats around them allow me to show the full sattement not he cherry pcike dpart you used.

"Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However, that base line remains." not the base lien remains the same, what they bring to the3 table remains the same, now there production, or performance can go up or down base don who is around them, the system, when the game is played and a dozen other variables. None of which changes what they, themselves as an individual brings to the table. If they are slow, the QB is not going to change them from being slow, if they have a huge vertical guess what the QB is not going to change that. etc etc. Every player can and is rated based on what they bring to the table, that is how the entire draft for every sport works. Teams select base don their rating of what the player bring to the table, and how it can help them. This is a really simple concept that most children understand.

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":2ec0x2rj said:
Sports Hernia":2ec0x2rj said:

No he was trying to talk about the talent around the QB regardless of QB. In other words is the Wr corps for Seattle better than say Atl. Now none in their right mind would say our WR are better than Atls. That is the point.

that is the point of the article. It's a dumb point, but it is the point.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2iawwrpu said:
Sports Hernia":2iawwrpu said:

Lets look at talent without a QB that can elevate them, why can Wilson make magic happen with guys and another back up not? Lets look at Arizona, Leinart drafted and the Cards could not do squat, they bring in Kurt Warner and go to a Super Bowl.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lots of teams don't have a coach or QB that rivals the Hawks', and year after year, they get this sort of treatment. Sports journalists don't seem to learn. It seems to motivate some players though, so I'm not bothered.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":18vggd0j said:
scutterhawk":18vggd0j said:
John63":18vggd0j said:
scutterhawk":18vggd0j said:

Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU CAN RANK PLAYERS ADN GROUPS OF PLAYERS RELEVANT TO WHAT THEY BRING TO THE TABLE. I presume at one point you got a review in your job. That review was based on your performance, not the performance of the others, yours. There I said it so simple a caveman could understand it, hopefully that means you too. Oh and base don whats around them allow me to show the full sattement not he cherry pcike dpart you used.

"Again that baseline can go up or down based o n who is around them, the system they are in etc. However, that base line remains." not the base lien remains the same, what they bring to the3 table remains the same, now there production, or performance can go up or down base don who is around them, the system, when the game is played and a dozen other variables. None of which changes what they, themselves as an individual brings to the table. If they are slow, the QB is not going to change them from being slow, if they have a huge vertical guess what the QB is not going to change that. etc etc. Every player can and is rated based on what they bring to the table, that is how the entire draft for every sport works. Teams select base don their rating of what the player bring to the table, and how it can help them. This is a really simple concept that most children understand.
So....What I've gleaned here from you John... You refuse to learn the SIMPLEST of LOGICS, & THAT I am unable and unwilling to fix your learning disorders^^^^, in other words, you seem to like talking out your A$$. :177692:

McGruff

Reaction score
Have either of you considered that you could both be right, and still both be asses?

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":2ql01vkn said:
Have either of you considered that you could both be right, and still both be asses?

LOL I can accept I can be an ASS.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":223vyg8e said:
John63":223vyg8e said:
scutterhawk":223vyg8e said:
John63":223vyg8e said:

So....What I've gleaned here from you John... You refuse to learn the SIMPLEST of LOGICS, & THAT I am unable and unwilling to fix your learning disorders^^^^, in other words, you seem to like talking out your A$$. :177692:

Says the guy who can't understand how you can rank or judge someone based solely on what THEY bring to the table. A wr cannot beat press coverage due to lack of strength and somehow you think that lack of strength is because of others around him not his own issue, and there for you can't judge him because he can't do it. I guess if in your words I have a learning disability so does every coach, asst coach, scout in pro and college sports, every company that does reviews, the military, and well basically everyone on this planet except you.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":2bgtjgn0 said:
John63":2bgtjgn0 said:
Sports Hernia":2bgtjgn0 said:

that is the point of the article. It's a dumb point, but it is the point.

To a point it is dumb, but it does show which teams have more talent around their QB and offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hope every article says the Hawks will suck basically. Nothing wrong with being told what you CAN'T do. Makes it more fun when you prove them wrong, yet again. Remember, last year some "experts" said the Hawks were a 4 to 6 win team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":22sgov47 said:
scutterhawk":22sgov47 said:

Says the guy who can't understand how you can rank or judge someone based solely on what THEY bring to the table. A wr cannot beat press coverage due to lack of strength and somehow you think that lack of strength is because of others around him not his own issue, and there for you can't judge him because he can't do it. I guess if in your words I have a learning disability so does every coach, asst coach, scout in pro and college sports, every company that does reviews, the military, and well basically everyone on this planet except you.[/quote]
What I understand, is that something as SIMPLE as "Press Coverage" is a MINOR & FIXABLE issue, and wouldn't be something that a NORMAL "Coach, asst. Coach, Scout in Pro, and College Sports. Every Company that does reviews, The Military, (ESPECIALLY MILLITARY), and well, Basically everyone on this planet.....EXCEPT YOU" would hang their hat on.
Do you have any other phantom issues that I can dispel for you? :yawn:

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":mry8f8ns said:
John63":mry8f8ns said:
scutterhawk":mry8f8ns said:

Says the guy who can't understand how you can rank or judge someone based solely on what THEY bring to the table. A wr cannot beat press coverage due to lack of strength and somehow you think that lack of strength is because of others around him not his own issue, and there for you can't judge him because he can't do it. I guess if in your words I have a learning disability so does every coach, asst coach, scout in pro and college sports, every company that does reviews, the military, and well basically everyone on this planet except you.
What I understand, is that something as SIMPLE as "Press Coverage" is a MINOR & FIXABLE issue, and wouldn't be something that a NORMAL "Coach, asst. Coach, Scout in Pro, and College Sports. Every Company that does reviews, The Military, (ESPECIALLY MILLITARY), and well, Basically everyone on this planet.....EXCEPT YOU" would hang their hat on.
Do you have any other phantom issues that I can dispel for you? :yawn:[/quote]

So sorry for you, seek help you have a problem, good bye!