The NFL's best and worst offensive arsenals?

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's quite dumb to rank any component of a team in a vacuum without also including salary. If you have the #22 WR group but are 30th in WR spending then that's great value that is going to show up positively elsewhere in your team. The problem under a salary cap is when you don't get enough out of the positions you are spending money on.

Would you rather pay Carson/Penny $3.0m or McKinnon/Coleman(9ers RB duo) $9.4m this year?

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3h0n51qd said:
Well, many "writer" types or media types said the Hawks would win 4 or 5 games last year.

I never said they will be right, but to be honest, we don't know if Carson will stay healthy, he missed games last 2 years, our #2 RB is still unknown but shows potential. Outside of Lockette none of our WR have proven to be reliable or would be more than a 4 on other teams. Our Te are avg at best unless Dissley comes back 100% and again he as injured. So I can understand why we are rated low.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":2z1gfprz said:
scutterhawk":2z1gfprz said:
John63":2z1gfprz said:
scutterhawk":2z1gfprz said:
Cherry pick much? it seems you do, Once again and I will say it slow for you. YOU can rate a player based on what they bring to the table..period. Now if they have more talent around them they might do better if they have less they might do worse. But that does not change what they themselves bring to the table. So sorry your still wrong, I wonder how you get reviewed for work, I mean under you premise you cant be reviewed or given pay raises since its not about you but others around you. Now do you get it or are you just not capable of understanding how you can rate someone based on what they bring to the table? FACT you can rate someone based on their individual skiils, and abilities. Deal with it,
"Cherry Pick"?, Why do you persist on showing your ignorance?
One more time John, --->YOU<--- said, "Based On Who's Around Them" -->YOU<-- SAID THAT.

So....What I've gleaned here from you John... You refuse to learn the SIMPLEST of LOGICS, & THAT I am unable and unwilling to fix your learning disorders^^^^, in other words, you seem to like talking out your A$$. :177692:

Says the guy who can't understand how you can rank or judge someone based solely on what THEY bring to the table. A wr cannot beat press coverage due to lack of strength and somehow you think that lack of strength is because of others around him not his own issue, and there for you can't judge him because he can't do it. I guess if in your words I have a learning disability so does every coach, asst coach, scout in pro and college sports, every company that does reviews, the military, and well basically everyone on this planet except you.
What I understand, is that something as SIMPLE as "Press Coverage" is a MINOR & FIXABLE issue, and wouldn't be something that a NORMAL "Coach, asst. Coach, Scout in Pro, and College Sports. Every Company that does reviews, The Military, (ESPECIALLY MILLITARY), and well, Basically everyone on this planet.....EXCEPT YOU" would hang their hat on.
Do you have any other phantom issues that I can dispel for you? :yawn:

So sorry for you, seek help you have a problem, good bye![/quote]
LOLOLOLOL Now you know that you ain't truth'n when you said you were "SORRY" for me, so, why add another lie to your rantings? LOLOLOL

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32b2q3n1 said:
Yeah, I'm glad. Here's to hoping we are low on every single list before the season. :irishdrinkers:

YUP

quadsas

Reaction score
We weren't 29th with Wilson on one leg, how can we possibly be 29th with healthy Wilson?

McGruff

Reaction score
quadsas":2uwckrnd said:
We weren't 29th with Wilson on one leg, how can we possibly be 29th with healthy Wilson?

Because Wilson isnt included in this ranking.

Seymour

Reaction score
McGruff":2ja8gnpz said:
quadsas":2ja8gnpz said:

And that makes sense to even attempt?
Why post this crap?
We could rank the team based on pictures only too, lets try that!!

:snack:

McGruff

Reaction score
Seymour":3tzbkbvz said:
McGruff":3tzbkbvz said:
quadsas":3tzbkbvz said:

And that makes sense to even attempt?
Why post this crap?
We could rank the team based on pictures only too, lets try that!!

:snack:

Tis the season.

Fade

Reaction score
Bill Barnwell does good work and you people need to read before you react.

From the article "These rankings are attempting to consider a team's skill-position talent without including the impact of the quarterback, offensive line or scheme. This is extremely important. If you're getting angry because these rankings don't include the impact of Tyron Smith, Tom Brady, or Matt Nagy, you're wasting your time. This isn't a list of offenses."

"The arsenals are weighted more toward receivers."

It's skill position only. WR, TE, & RB.

The Seahawks have Tyler Lockett, and a whole bunch of unproven at the WR position.

So I could see why they would fall so low.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":3r03no9i said:
Bill Barnwell does good work and you people need to read before you react.

From the article "These rankings are attempting to consider a team's skill-position talent without including the impact of the quarterback, offensive line or scheme. This is extremely important. If you're getting angry because these rankings don't include the impact of Tyron Smith, Tom Brady, or Matt Nagy, you're wasting your time. This isn't a list of offenses."

"The arsenals are weighted more toward receivers."

It's skill position only. WR, TE, & RB.

The Seahawks have Tyler Lockett, and a whole bunch of unproven at the WR position.

So I could see why they would fall so low.

Last I heard all 11 guys need to play to make a offense, players compliment each others talent and the OC puts a player in position to capitalize on it against players on the defense they have an advantage on.

Why many combine wonders and player that are in gimmick offenses fail or players great in one system drop of the map in another.

94Smith

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous article. Why are offenses successful? QB talent, offensive play calling and scheme, and offensive line play. Let's make a ranking on everything else....... :shock: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

John63

Reaction score
94Smith":1wbwm0y2 said:
This is a ridiculous article. Why are offenses successful? QB talent, offensive play calling and scheme, and offensive line play. Let's make a ranking on everything else....... :shock: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

So an offense with Julio Jones will not be better than an offense with say Kearse with the same qb, system, online etc? Of course it will be, Jones is a far better WR. That is the point of the article.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":36mrbvh0 said:
94Smith":36mrbvh0 said:

So an offense with Julio joins will not be better than an offense with say Kearse with the same qb, system, online etc? Of course it will be, Jones is a far better WR. That is the point of the article.

Is that offense better with Jones or with Brown or say Lynn Swann or Jerry Rice or Steve Largent.

flv

Reaction score
Outside of Wilson the Seahawks don't look good at the offensive skill positions based on proven records. You could argue they should be a few spots higher but at this point it isn't massively wrong. This is not to say the Seahawks won't have a very good year offensively. Wilson is an elite QB and some of the unproven/lightly regarded skill position players will step up. I expect the end of year ranking to be top 20, at least.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I like the two rookie WR's the seahawks picked up, though. In my opinion they have the best QB in the NFC throwing to them. How fast they developed and grow with RW will be something to watch.

I dont believe for a second the Rams should be ranked #1, either.

Jville

Reaction score
SuperMan28":3acr0ux5 said:
I like the two rookie WR's the seahawks picked up, though. In my opinion they have the best QB in the NFC throwing to them. How fast they developed and grow with RW will be something to watch.

That's an excellent point.

Wide receiver development is strongly governed by the growth of a productive relationship with the quarterback. This will be a good year to gauge how quickly Russell can help make the receivers around him better.

McGruff

Reaction score
SuperMan28":19tcr2pk said:

They picked three rookies, and have one UDFA who looks promising to make the team.

Jennings looks like a JAG to me. A jack of all trades who doesnt stand out in any one area.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
McGruff":iw6p0qoi said:
SuperMan28":iw6p0qoi said:

They picked three rookies, and have one UDFA who looks promising to make the team.

Jennings looks like a JAG to me. A jack of all trades who doesnt stand out in any one area.

That sounds pretty good. It seems like tough do-it-all recievers do the best with Wilson.