The Portland Trailblazers

m0ng0

Reaction score
Atradees":2gky15wj said:
Vonleh is acidentakly waiting to happen. He needs to be in the D league. PF is a spot the blazers need an upgrade. Tenacious defender and inside scorer would really help this team.

You gotta remember the dude is only 20, I think/hope he will develop

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Moe Harkless and Aminu have been inserted in the starting lineup. I like the results of that. Leonard is injured.
More time for Ed Davis and Hendersen is good too. The goal bye the end of the season is to overtake the Grizzlies and play the Clippers in the first round. A successful season already.

starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
A. Aminu
SF 24 5-10 2-6 2-2 1 7 8 2 1 1 2 1 +20 14
M. Harkless
SF 23 5-7 1-3 1-1 1 2 3 2 0 1 1 1 +15 12
M. Plumlee
C 20 2-4 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 3 1 0 2 3 +16 4
D. Lillard
PG 29 4-9 3-5 2-2 0 1 1 9 1 1 4 2 +19 13
C.J. McCollum
SG 24 5-13 4-6 2-2 0 2 2 3 1 0 1 2 +27 16

a more balanced team....

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
Too bad they lost to the Warriors tonight... man... I still remember them blowing out the Warriors earlier this season, that was incredible.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Harkless had a great game. 20 points and sixteen rebounds. Still need the Power Forward.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's just hard for me to get excited for the Blazers. It is a forgone conclusion that they have zero shot of making it past the second round, not to mention they they probably have less than a 20% chance of getting past the Clippers in the first round.

m0ng0

Reaction score
i put absolutely nothing into the win over OKC last night, however they are only one game behind the Griz for the 5th seed 8)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
m0ng0":3t2ri8gk said:
i put absolutely nothing into the win over OKC last night, however they are only one game behind the Griz for the 5th seed 8)

Actually after last nights game they're tied with the grizzlies who still have to play golden state twice and at Dallas. Looks like we're going to get the 5 seed. Before the season started I would have thought we had a better chance at a top 5 pick.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Portland will get the 5 seed. The Grizz are in free-fall. The Grizz might be one of the worst playoff teams that I can remember in a long time due to injuries.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Blazers vs Clippers. They are hot unfortunately; The Clippers one of the hottest in the league.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I can honestly say even as a homer I did not see a 5th seed in the playoffs, we have played the clippers tough all year, we shall see what happens. Go Blazers!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hope the Blazers put up a fight. This is the only series in the West that looks like it will not be a sweep

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think Terry Stotts should be in the running for coach of the year, however i think Kerr may have it wrapped up now

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I think next year will be more telling without the slow start. Could battle for the division. What piece do we add? Dont want to crash the chemistry. Need defense....

I like how stotts goes with the hot hand and how guys have roles too. It cant be overated developing a rythem and setting expectations. Nate McMillian was terrible at that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
m0ng0":2j8x9rkr said:
I think Terry Stotts should be in the running for coach of the year, however i think Kerr may have it wrapped up now

Kerr will get it since they got the 73 wins. I personally wouldn't give it to him since he missed the first couple months of the season, but they'll give it to him. Personally I'd give it to Brad Stevens. Terry Stotts should be top 5 though. No one expected that team to finish anywhere near .500.

Atradees":2j8x9rkr said:
I think next year will be more telling without the slow start. Could battle for the division. What piece do we add? Dont want to crash the chemistry. Need defense....

I like how stotts goes with the hot hand and how guys have roles too. It cant be overated developing a rythem and setting expectations. Nate McMillian was terrible at that.

I think a big man is the next piece this team needs. PG and SG are definitely positions that are filled. I like Aminu, he is an upgrade over Batum. I always felt like Batum was soft, inconsistent and overrated. I also like Plumlee more than Lopez. While Lopez was good, he wasn't a great defender and wasn't athletic enough to play in a up-tempo offense. The one position where the Blazers took a step back this year was the PF position. I think a two way player like Taj Gibson would be a great add.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Blazers got smoked in the first game. I don't really expect any of the games in LA to be all that close, I think the games in Portland will be very competitive and I expect Portland to steal at least one at the Rose Garden.

Last night Doc showed why he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Constantly doubled Lillard and McCollum on the pick and rolls, forcing the other guys to shoot. The Clippers were literally daring Aminu to shoot 3's, they didn't even bother guarding him on the 3-point line. I think Stotts will have to make some type of adjustment with the starting lineup, perhaps going small and inserting Crabbe for either Harkless or Aminu.

The Blazers are just too one dimensional. This is where they miss a guy like Aldridge where they can just throw him the ball in the low post and let him go to work. Everything comes from their two guards on the perimeter. If you shut them down, they don't have a whole lot else that can beat you. Whereas with the Clippers, they have about 4-5 guys who can create their own offense and score 20 at ease (CP3, Crawford, Redick, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, etc.).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Blown out...again. Blazers just aren't that good. Take away Lillard and they really have nothing.

Latest posts