The Portland Trailblazers

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Lilliard is the one getting punked by Chris Paul and Co. I was hoping for a better contest. Defensively over matched by a more veteran club. No shame in that if the offseason involves some wheelin and dealin.

EmeraldRaven

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2eog7ncw said:
The way they're playing a sweep wouldn't be a surprise.

Brick.. brick... brick....

We cant win if we cant shoot... period.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Blazers badly need a big man who can stretch the floor and knock down perimeter jumpers. The Clippers are trapping Lillard and McCollum and basically leaving the screener wide open. Last year the Clipps wouldn't be able to do that, good luck leaving Aldridge wide open. All of Portland's bigs are the same, athletic guys who can only score in the paint. They need a Kevin Love type of big man who can stretch the floor.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I didnt watch it but I saw that we won game 3. If we can somehow win game 4 we just might make an interesting series out of it. I've got tickets for game 6 if it makes it that far.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":d1zk0jig said:
I didnt watch it but I saw that we won game 3. If we can somehow win game 4 we just might make an interesting series out of it. I've got tickets for game 6 if it makes it that far.
You're there J. Enjoy, and go Blazers!

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Chris Paul broke his hand and is probably done for the series, if not the playoffs. Blake Griffin appeared to aggravate his quad injury.

The Blazers' chances of making the Western Conference Finals certainly improved from a few days ago.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2016":37p697zm said:
Chris Paul broke his hand and is probably done for the series, if not the playoffs. Blake Griffin appeared to aggravate his quad injury.

The Blazers' chances of making the Western Conference Finals certainly improved from a few days ago.
Holy hell. Shooting or non-shooting hand?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2s3pno8y said:
hawknation2016":2s3pno8y said:

Holy hell. Shooting or non-shooting hand?

Right hand - shooting/dominant hand. I don't know how he could be expected to handle the ball with a cast on.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/724820896209313792[/tweet]

Recovery from this particular fracture typically takes a month-and-a-half, so the Clippers’ absolute best-case scenario if this report is correct is that Paul will be available late in the NBA Finals, should they make it there with Austin Rivers. Making matters worse, Blake Griffin has been a bit hobbled since he left the game briefly with an apparent minor reaggravation of his quad injury.

http://deadspin.com/report-chris-paul-h ... 1773049287

CPHawk

Reaction score
Doc said he expects Griffin to be 50-50 for game 5. But coaches have been known to put out false info.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
I haven't been to a Blazers game in about 7 years, kinda lost interest in the sport when it started getting out of hand years ago. This may not be the Drexler, Porter, Kersey and Duckworth era, maybe not the Pippen and Wallace years either, but after watching this young team of misfits gel together and make this push into the playoffs, it has me sparked again so i snagged up a pair of tickets to game 6....

I have a gut feeling that they are gonna get their win down in LA on Wednesday, and come back up here and close out the series at home in the MODA

Maybe i'll get to see some magic like a couple years ago when Lillard had the walk off 3 against the Rockets....

[youtube]Hbaw7-J5K4I[/youtube]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It is amazing how one play can change an entire series. This series basically became a pick'em now with Paul hurt. The only thing the Blazers don't have in their favor is that they will have to win at least once on the road. While Paul is their best player, they have plenty of other guys who can step up. I'd expect to see a lot of Jamal Crawford the rest of the series.

I hate to say it, but I still think the Clippers take the series, assuming Griffin can play. I think it goes to a game 7.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
I think Damian is due for an offensive breakout performance. Without Paul draped all over him I believe its that much more likely. Wanna see him go for 40 in this next match up on the road. The Clippers still have a better defensive team for sure. It will be no cake walk.

ESPN is reporting that Blake Griffin is out the remainder of the postseason as well.(quad injury)

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...-chris-paul-indefinitely-los-angeles-clippers

m0ng0

Reaction score
its an easy choice for Griffin, CP3 is done for the rest of the season, why bother risking further injury when you know you are not going anywhere even if they beat Portland?

I am a life long Portland fan so I know this series is not over, but things are looking good and I am so glad they decided not to tank this season, there is some building going on here and I think it is going to pay dividends once this team gets another year under their belt. When is the last time you saw a center put up 14 and 10? Rebounds and assists that is :D