The Seahawks Are Getting Coaches Fired | And I Like It

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":kkfx8v0a said:
And if anybody hates losing to the Seahawks, it's Aaron Rodgers. When we beat them, again, his relationship with McCarthy, went in the toilet.

From all the reports I've read, McCarthy's and Rodgers relationship has been strained for years, not just after they lost to us.

This is what happens when you commit 100 million to your franchise QB, his happiness takes precedent over all the other players, HC and sometimes even the GM.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dluwgcx said:
ivotuk":3dluwgcx said:
And if anybody hates losing to the Seahawks, it's Aaron Rodgers. When we beat them, again, his relationship with McCarthy, went in the toilet.

From all the reports I've read, McCarthy's and Rodgers relationship has been strained for years, not just after they lost to us.

This is what happens when you commit 100 million to your franchise QB, his happiness takes precedent over all the other players, HC and sometimes even the GM.

Oh, absolutely, but after losing to us, it graduated to arguing on the field. You can't deny that of any team, Aaron Rodgers wants to beat, it's the Seahawks. He HATES us.

We've lost some tough games over the years, but the Packers losing that NFCCG to us when Russell had all those INTs and Green Bay had that big lead...heartbreaking to say the least.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":3isdvlfv said:
Sgt. Largent":3isdvlfv said:
ivotuk":3isdvlfv said:

Oh, absolutely, but after losing to us, it graduated to arguing on the field. You can't deny that of any team, Aaron Rodgers wants to beat, it's the Seahawks. He HATES us.

We've lost some tough games over the years, but the Packers losing that NFCCG to us when Russell had all those INTs and Green Bay had that big lead...heartbreaking to say the least.

The NFCCG is where their relationship fell apart. Rodgers was outwardly critical of how McCarthy handled the 2nd half of that game, getting conservative and not stepping on our throats.

If we applying some sports psychology to Rodgers, I'd love someone to analyze why all of Rodgers personal and professional relationships are contentious. From his own family to his coaches and teammates, weird that no one ever has his back and his relationships are strained, or broken.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
In GB chat, they were watching their game and mentioned that Aaron was playing with no heart. There were about 3 players that actually, according to the fans, were actually playing to win. Aaron was not really one of them until the end of the game. Calculated risk....probably.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Fade":aaqh9ojv said:
BigMeach":aaqh9ojv said:
I think it's a little far fetched to believe any of those firings had to do with the Seahawks (aside from them being one of the teams that beat them this year). The Packers and Panthers both haven't won a game in nearly a month and have looked terrible doing it. As far as the firings, this season would be the cherry on top, but the cake has been out of the oven and ready for icing for quite a while.

Love my Hawks to death and give them a ton of credit for a lot of things, but this isn't one of them.

The Packers were making plays and jumped on the Hawks. Then the 4th quarter happened. McCarthy was a dead man walking at that point.

Listen to the Carolina radio broadcast at the end of their game with the Seahawks. As big of a win as it was for the Hawks, it was equally crushing for the Panthers.

I just don't see this as being the reason those coaches were fired. Especially McCarthy. As this is all speculative you can believe whatever you want, but to me it's correlation not causation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":vkvsaan8 said:
In GB chat, they were watching their game and mentioned that Aaron was playing with no heart. There were about 3 players that actually, according to the fans, were actually playing to win. Aaron was not really one of them until the end of the game. Calculated risk....probably.

I don't see it as "no heart."

Rodgers is just one of those players that outwardly has no problem showing his negativity and dissatisfaction with his teammates during games.

Lots of guys like that.............no one has a problem with Brady or Rivers rolling their eyes and all their negative histrionics and body language during a game, and no one really did with Rodgers either when they were winning.

Go 4-7-1, and now the microscopes come out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Winston Moss fired for saying that everyone even #12 should be held to the same standards.

Here is the quote.

“Ponder this… what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period! #losingsucks!”

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hence, why I called it a theory. I think it has weight nonetheless especially the Packers. They seemed to stack thier deck/build thier rosters to compete with the strengths of teams like the Seahawks, 49ers, and Panthers. Who were all built similarly when all teams were in top form. Why the Packers gave us fits the last 4-5 years. I think thier rosters were great against Seahawksy teams but struggled against everyone else. Could be wrong but I had these feelings since the Packers became the first team to blow out the Seahawks since early 2011 I think in 2016.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":1vqm6knh said:
Winston Moss fired for saying that everyone even #12 should be held to the same standards.

Here is the quote.

“Ponder this… what Championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period! #losingsucks!”

Aaron "not my fault" Rodgers is held to a much lower standard, that assistant should've known better. :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3s9j5pcb said:
Speaking of coaches getting fired, the Falcons don't play the Seahawks this season but a rumor is that Dan Quinn is on the hot seat. If he should get fired, do you bring him back into Seahawk fold? Would he come back to be a coach and not a DC?

Quinn could have any DC job he wants if he gets let go, and probably a HC offer or two. No way he would come back as anything but a DC.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":1csicdqn said:
The Packers --> McCarthy got fired. I would say a big impetus was the Seahawks beating them. They pretty much quit after that game, and have gone into a tailspin.

The Panthers --> Ron Rivera has fired his DB & DL coaches and is taking over the defensive playcalling duties. I would say the Seahawks loss has mentally scarred that team. Cam goes out and throws 4 picks against a bad TB defense. I can also see Rivera getting canned at the end of the season.

If the Seahawks mush the Vikings on MNF. Flip (the Vikings OC) is going to get fired, I guarantee it. Zimmer has already called him out a few times, he is just looking for the excuse.

The Seahawks in general have a lot of fanbases around the league pissed off at their front offices & coaches. Because the Seahawks were supposed to be rebuilding, and not be this good this quickly. It is pretty entertaining to watch. As they point at the Seahawks as their example. "The Seahawks rebuilt quickly, so why can't we?"

I like it.

Don't really agree with this a whole lot. McCarthy was a dead man walking, if anything we probably put the final nail in that coffin.. Josh Rosen just brought a shovel to throw some dirt on the casket. But I believe McCarthy was done regardless of that TNF game.

The Panthers defense has been in free fall since the Steelers hung 50 on them. Again, the Seahawks were kind of that final nail in the coffin.. not the reason for coaching changes.

I can see Zimmer firing DeFilippo as a means to make him the fall guy.. but again, this has been something that's built up over the course of the season and isn't really related to the Seahawks other than them being the team with the opportunity to deliver one final blow.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3qu25c4b said:
hawkfan68":3qu25c4b said:
Speaking of coaches getting fired, the Falcons don't play the Seahawks this season but a rumor is that Dan Quinn is on the hot seat. If he should get fired, do you bring him back into Seahawk fold? Would he come back to be a coach and not a DC?

Quinn could have any DC job he wants if he gets let go, and probably a HC offer or two. No way he would come back as anything but a DC.

He also won't get fired. If anything, Sark will be the one that dies on the sword.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
@ Hass, but what would have happened if the Seahawks had lost to those teams?

The Pack wouldn't have folded like a lawn chair, because sensitive Aaron would've been deemed the hero on National TV, and they would be in the Wild Card hunt. That Seahawks loss crushed them.

Cam and the Panthers get off the snide, and do not feel the same kind of pressure they are under now. Cam doesn't handle pressure well, his performance against the 27th ranked TB defense will attest to that.

If the Vikes win on Monday Night, Zimmer isn't firing anybody.

The Seahawks are ruining teams lives and I like it.

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2Fdbd6jN0Atb9i82Fgiphy

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":1y6mhcrl said:
The Packers --> McCarthy got fired. I would say a big impetus was the Seahawks beating them. They pretty much quit after that game, and have gone into a tailspin.

The Panthers --> Ron Rivera has fired his DB & DL coaches and is taking over the defensive playcalling duties. I would say the Seahawks loss has mentally scarred that team. Cam goes out and throws 4 picks against a bad TB defense. I can also see Rivera getting canned at the end of the season.

If the Seahawks mush the Vikings on MNF. Flip (the Vikings OC) is going to get fired, I guarantee it. Zimmer has already called him out a few times, he is just looking for the excuse.

The Seahawks in general have a lot of fanbases around the league pissed off at their front offices & coaches. Because the Seahawks were supposed to be rebuilding, and not be this good this quickly. It is pretty entertaining to watch. As they point at the Seahawks as their example. "The Seahawks rebuilt quickly, so why can't we?"

I like it.
To add, the Seahawks also fire their own coaches...

See what I did there?!!! Lol.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The Panthers will be looking for a DC. So much is clear. If DQ is fired from the Falcons, I bet they will offer him a lot to coach against the Falcons 2 times per year... Whether Ron Rivera survives or not.
And here is the more intriguing part ... if Ron is fired from the Panthers, he might end up coach the defense in Atlanta, if DQ survives. The Falcons Defense hasn't been that great either !!!
hawkfan68":jzdrlgo5 said:

DesiHawk

Reaction score
Fade":2p269p2s said:
The Packers -->

Vikings fired their OC

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2gqa9guo said:
The Panthers will be looking for a DC. So much is clear. If DQ is fired from the Falcons, I bet they will offer him a lot to coach against the Falcons 2 times per year... Whether Ron Rivera survives or not.
And here is the more intriguing part ... if Ron is fired from the Panthers, he might end up coach the defense in Atlanta, if DQ survives. The Falcons Defense hasn't been that great either !!!
hawkfan68":2gqa9guo said:

Quinn would be a good fit for Cleveland.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
AZ HC Steve Wilks is next. I don't want him to be fired. (He sucks which is good for the Seahawks.) If the Seahawks really hammer AZ week 17, he is getting fired after just 1 season. I hope I am wrong.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3i8t3s5l said:
joeseahawks":3i8t3s5l said:
hawkfan68":3i8t3s5l said:

Quinn would be a good fit for Cleveland.

As much as I love Quinn, I really like what Norton is doing right now. Sometimes change is good.