OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1pk4bdz1 said:
I like the green and, more importantly, women like the green, and I like women.

Annnnnd thread winner.

Chawker

Reaction score
Do you remember Bobby Wagner asking for a black uniform with the lime green, my two favorite colors. We would look real mean. Bwags has an eye for greatness, and we should fallow. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

THE TABS

Reaction score
Aros":338hh7kc said:
I still think it's completely short-sighted that the league won't allow us to play in our throwbacks - complete with silver helmets - once or twice a season. The whole safety thing in regards to helmets is just stupid. You mean this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise can't manufacture safe alternate helmets for every player?

Please.

Tampa Bay does theirs every season. No reason whatsoever why we can’t do the same.

It needs to happen yesterday .

Seanhawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":32by3kuf said:
Aros":32by3kuf said:
I still think it's completely short-sighted that the league won't allow us to play in our throwbacks - complete with silver helmets - once or twice a season. The whole safety thing in regards to helmets is just stupid. You mean this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise can't manufacture safe alternate helmets for every player?

Please.

Tampa Bay does theirs every season. No reason whatsoever why we can’t do the same.

It needs to happen yesterday .

No they don't. They haven't done it since 2012 since the rule change.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Correct, no team has been allowed to have two completely different helmets per season in years.

Osprey

Reaction score
Aros":115un39h said:
Correct, no team has been allowed to have two completely different helmets per season in years.
What do teams do about equipment failure during a game? Are there backup helmets or is the player unable to retake the field until it's repaired?

Seems silly that a team isn't allowed to willing foot the bill for a secondary helmet customized to the players specifications. Plenty of technology available to ensure it's done right.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Osprey":3e72gr5v said:
Aros":3e72gr5v said:
What do teams do about equipment failure during a game? Are there backup helmets or is the player unable to retake the field until it's repaired?

Seems silly that a team isn't allowed to willing foot the bill for a secondary helmet customized to the players specifications. Plenty of technology available to ensure it's done right.

That's what makes it so dumb. If you check the auction site on .com during the season, there are game worn helmets on it all the time. So guys changing helmets during the season is absolutely a thing.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The real mystery is this would be a bona-fide revenue stream. Introducing alternate/retro helmets would clearly stimulate a market for said helmets (replica and authentic) in the merch sector. Just make the same safe helmet for each player but it's painted in the retro colors with retro logo. Why is this such a difficult thing for a multi-billion dollar entity to do?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Lots of college teams use several different helmets, especially the larger programs. Have they actually looked into whether there's actually a higher frequency of head injuries in college?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Found these rummaging around my archives...

Largent80

Reaction score
That bottom pic is sweeeeeeeeet. I would drool over those. heck I drool anyway so.....

Except dudes calves look like a pidgeon's.

QZRUmhJ

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":12x11smq said:
The throwback uni's were terrible! A cheaper version of the Cowboy's uni's.

The lime green accents make the blue uni stand out!

Get the hell outa here, nothing would look more beautiful than this.

HviBpYt

Lime green? C'mon man. Terrible. Nothing is LESS timeless, clean and classic than neon anything.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Those are so sweet. TRUE Seahawks colors. None of this radioactive crap.
Also, the ones that Largent put up, damn those are sweet.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FIFY Sgt...(That render had a bit too purply hue to it)...