There are Whiners Then There is This

Throwdown

Reaction score
If you feel the league is rigged then why continue to watch? Dude who made this is straight up clown shoes, bro.

Almost every play where KaeperPICK took off, their oline was holding our players like they loved 'em, but you don't see none of that.

Clown shoes, bruh... Clown shoes.

swissvale72

Reaction score
mikehawks":1wwt8moj said:
The dude who made the video has a point, the NFL is rigged, but the Seahawks got jobbed in XL....So, to the dude who made the video, your preaching to the choir.

The first call that had me second guessing the NFL was the Brady rule with the Raiders and Patriots.. Hell of a good game there....Bad call in my opinion.

I also think the NHL, NBA, and the Olympics are rigged, so either stop watching professional sports, or just enjoy the sports for entertainment. I prefer to watch sports for the entertainment value, and not get to emotionally attached to such meaningless activities. With that said, I'm glad the Seahawks won the F'n Superbowl and smashed Peyton and the Donkies. haha!

The Seahawks won the Superbowl!!!!! Damn! Finally!

This vid was you 8 years ago.

Exactly HOW did Seahawks get "jobbed in XL?"

*Was Sean Lochlear NOT holding Clark Haggens (oh yeah, John Madden, who's still crying about the Immaculate Reception 40 years later said it wasn't a hold, so it must be true).

*Was Darrell Jackson's arm NOT fully extended into the chest of the DB directly in front of the official.

*Was the point of the ball NOT on the goal line when Ben Roethlisberger was airborne, to the extent that it provided indisputable evidence to reverse the call?

Waiting your answer.

Mick063

Reaction score
The Niner window has just about closed. We won't be subjected to the butt hurt much longer. They will turn on Harbaugh instead. Speaking of Harbaugh, the fans have taken on the same drama queen persona as their coach. They will be better off after they run him out of town. They just don't know it yet.

swissvale72

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":oijubcyc said:
I'll answer for you, Pissvale.

Sean Locklear was incorrectly called for holding. He showed great technique in fending off Clark Haggans, but the refs threw the flag.

DJack extended his arm but did not push off. the defender didn't even make a play for the ball, and DJack had removed his arm long before the ball even got near him.

the point of the ball was not clearly on the goal line, several replay angles show that it was an inch or two short. The call was wrong, and there probably wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.

In the end, the Seahawks lost Superbowl XL because they didn't execute well enough and they gave up two huge plays on gimmicks that we weren't prepared for. The refs did not provide an even playing field for both teams as was remarked upon by almost every major sports media outlet outside of Pissburgh, PA.

Sorry, Peaches

....the numbnut Jackson was guilty of classic OPI.

....Lochlear had been holding Haggens throughout...about damn time he was flaggged.

....finally....didn't you just repeat my argument....wasn't enough evidence to overturn Ben's TD. And there were just as many angles that show the ball breaking the plane when Ben was airborne...not the urban myth that the TD was due to his sneaking the ball over once on the ground.

Funny though, how in your team's finest moment, you can't let go of a game played 8 years ago....and have the nerve to call others whiners?? Priceless!!

BASF

Reaction score
swissvale72":136rbpqt said:
Exactly HOW did Seahawks get "jobbed in XL?"

I take it you are a Steelers troll, and thus not really worth the time, but I will take this with very little problem since I had a site up regarding the gift to Pittsburgh:

Before Roethlisberger's non-rushing touchdown there was a completion to Hines Ward for 37 yards down to the Seahawks three yard line. Max Starks was clearly three yards down field when the pass was thrown. One of their other linemen was also just past the line of scrimmage. This is a penalty that would have wiped out the non-rushing touchdown that was given to Roethlisberger four plays later.

I agree that Jackson's push off touchdown should have been called pass interference. So, that one doesn't matter to me. However going into halftime, Holmgren called a pass play to Jackson toward the pylon that was caught by Jackson at the three yard line with one hand. He then got the second foot down at the one and kicked the pylon with his right foot while the ball was in his left hand. That is a touchdown and always has been. There was no replay given down by the league on this should have been touchdown with the Seahawks going into halftime with a 10-0 lead.

With the two scores in the third quarter the score should have been 17-7 Seahawks. On to the fourth quarter.

On the Locklear holding play that you brought up, no Locklear did not hold. In fact, Head of Officials was on NFL Network the next saying "the play had all the elements of holding, but he did not hold him." However, on that play Haggans was offsides at the snap, so the Seahawks should have had a free play that went down to the one yard line with a completion to Stevens. Even with just a field goal, the Seahawks would be up 20-7.

Allowing for that Stevens play wipes out the next two plays that are very good evidence that the fix was in for the Steelers, but since they happened we will bring them up. On second and 25, Alexander goes for seven yards and is horse collar tackled by Joey Porter but the personal foul that would have given the Seahawks a first and ten at Pittsburgh's 19 was not called. Even the announcers were asking why not.

Then, the worst penalty I have ever seen called in my 33 years of watching football: while making a tackle off of an interception that never should have happened, Matt Hasselbeck was called for an illegal low block. On A Tackle!

With our guys shell shocked at how the NFL could allow this kind of travesty, the Stealers hit a huge crossing route to Ward for the touchdown. It was a well designed play and executed well, but even with that the Stealers still lose 20-14 with a fairly officiated game.

Thank you for coming. Have a nice day.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
swissvale72":1mqqntwf said:
peachesenregalia":1mqqntwf said:

Sean Locklear was incorrectly called for holding. He showed great technique in fending off Clark Haggans, but the refs threw the flag.

DJack extended his arm but did not push off. the defender didn't even make a play for the ball, and DJack had removed his arm long before the ball even got near him.

the point of the ball was not clearly on the goal line, several replay angles show that it was an inch or two short. The call was wrong, and there probably wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.

In the end, the Seahawks lost Superbowl XL because they didn't execute well enough and they gave up two huge plays on gimmicks that we weren't prepared for. The refs did not provide an even playing field for both teams as was remarked upon by almost every major sports media outlet outside of Pissburgh, PA.

Sorry, Peaches

....Lochlear had been holding Haggens throughout...about damn time he was flaggged.

....finally....didn't you just repeat my argument....wasn't enough evidence to overturn Ben's TD. And there were just as many angles that show the ball breaking the plane when Ben was airborne...not the urban myth that the TD was due to his sneaking the ball over once on the ground.

Funny though, how in your team's finest moment, you can't let go of a game played 8 years ago....and have the nerve to call others whiners?? Priceless!!

:nonodallas: :nonodallas: :nonodallas: :nonodallas: :nonodallas: :nonodallas:

robohawk

Reaction score
mikehawks":kmpy83rv said:
The dude who made the video has a point, the NFL is rigged, but the Seahawks got jobbed in XL....So, to the dude who made the video, your preaching to the choir.

The first call that had me second guessing the NFL was the Brady rule with the Raiders and Patriots.. Hell of a good game there....Bad call in my opinion.

I also think the NHL, NBA, and the Olympics are rigged, so either stop watching professional sports, or just enjoy the sports for entertainment. I prefer to watch sports for the entertainment value, and not get to emotionally attached to such meaningless activities. With that said, I'm glad the Seahawks won the F'n Superbowl and smashed Peyton and the Donkies. haha!

c'mon man. take off the tinfoil hat. There are bad calls all the time, and it doesn't mean there is some conspiracy theory, it just means that referees screw up.

Ever see a WR drop a pass?
Ever see a RB fumble the football?
Ever see a CB fall down while trying to cover a guy?
Ever see an OL miss a block?
Ever see a DL jump offsides?
Ever see a referee miss a call?

The Seahawks didn't get "jobbed" in XL. Yeah the officiating was bad but Bill Leavy has consistently shown himself to be completely incompetent. He wasn't bribed and he wasn't "trying to win" for Pittsburgh. He just sucks.

XLVIII started off with a wretched screw up by the refs on Russell's scramble where he absolutely got a first down, then the refs compounded that by missing the spot on the replay. Instead of crying like an oversized baby walrusand forgetting that he had a team to coach, (ahem Holmgren) PC just said "we got this!" and kept his team in the right frame of mind. So instead of developing a victim mentality which we did in XL when a call didn't go our way, we went Beastmode....the whole darn team...and now we get to hold a victory parade.

People are human. Every mistake isn't a conspiracy, sometimes it's just a...mistake.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wasn't as bad as XL.

plus, kaep had his chances but turned it over 3 times in the 4th quarter. Deal with it, SF.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
swissvale72":3sturf5v said:
peachesenregalia":3sturf5v said:

Sorry, Peaches

Sounds like you're the one having trouble letting go by trying to come to Pissburgh's defense every time a Seahawk fan on a Seahawks board mentions XL*. Funny how you seem to need to continue to justify the win* by continuing to post the same drivel over and over. Sounds like you're not convinced either of who really won that game.

seahawksny

Reaction score
been two whole weeks since that game, can you imagine the time put into this? loser

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
strohmin":qvtt6l2l said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah loser whiner fans crying cuz we beat them on our way to a SB championship, so their 5 rings argument has no validity. How many times have they beat us in the playoffs to win a SB? hmmmmmmmm

Crabtree pushed off on Sherman on the final play and no flag was called. One NFL Films highlight real points this out. If Sherman had somehow missed the Tip, we'd be watching that for years to come and freaking out. It was bad officiating all around, 49ers.

seahawksny

Reaction score
swissvale72":3ifoeeqn said:
peachesenregalia":3ifoeeqn said:

Sorry, Peaches

Not let it go? you are the one that brought it up pissvale! Go back to san fran freako so you can watch Harbaugh with his mouth open waiting for kaperprick to get it up. This whole game SF should have been handicapped from the get go because Harbaugh should have been kicked out of the game from the first call that he argued. ANY coach gets ejected except for yours if they argued that much. Him with his mouth open in your city? PRICELESS

Bryce84

Reaction score
The only parts of that video that raise any suspicion in me is the two play/game clock issues pointed out. Everything else is laughable or there's a reasonable explanation for why it was called what it was called. The video creator also conveniently glossed over the calls that might be classified as "suspect" against Seattle too. Ironically enough, the video creator also highlighted a bad call against Seattle (Sherman Hold) in his "pro-Niners-got-robbed" defense. They tend to balance themselves out (with the exception of Super Bowl XL).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Maybe if our pissburg fan from swissvale or whatever knew a rule or two he could have a real discussion.

Seattle should have played better in XL. Fact. Even Holmgren has said he didn't do a good job of keeping our players focused on anything but the next bad call.

But...
Forget the arms extended on DJack. It has no bearing on OPI. Fully extended doesn't mean shit. Why? Lets rewind. Ball is snapped, pressure, Hasselbeck rolls left...out of the pocket. Every single receiver is now a blocker, which the defender knows and immediately latches onto Jackson. As he should. For it to be OPI, Jackson would have to initiate the contact, then create the space WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. He didn't. The contact with the DB is all before the ball is thrown. Which makes it legal.
So, lets recap for our remedial football fan. When the QB leaves the pocket, receivers become blockers, which strange as it may seem to you and your dunce like brainwaves, could actually involve extended arms. Of course, Seattle fans were extra upset when the ref waits for 3 seconds and some crying form the DB to throw the flag.

Clark Haggins was offsides. Who gives a shit if Locklear held him in any way. Any ref who calls a player for holding an offsides player is an idiot.
The personal foul on Hasselbeck is pretty damn stupid.

Do I believe in conspiracies? not in the NFL. I do firmly believe that homefield influences officiating. And XL was a pro pissburg crowd for sure.
Now the NBA? I know that shit is rigged.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
How about the fact that the guy Locklear held was blatantly offside and that's what I thought the flag was for. Funny thing about San Fran complaining. Many are still upset about contact on Crabtree on the last 4th down play in the Super Bowl last year, while ignoring the fact that had they called that on Roddy White the week before, the Niners may not even get to the Super Bowl