There are Whiners Then There is This

LazerLargent78

Reaction score
Scottemojo":38yic6dr said:
Maybe if our pissburg fan from swissvale or whatever knew a rule or two he could have a real discussion.

Seattle should have played better in XL. Fact. Even Holmgren has said he didn't do a good job of keeping our players focused on anything but the next bad call.

But...
Forget the arms extended on DJack. It has no bearing on OPI. Fully extended doesn't mean shit. Why? Lets rewind. Ball is snapped, pressure, Hasselbeck rolls left...out of the pocket. Every single receiver is now a blocker, which the defender knows and immediately latches onto Jackson. As he should. For it to be OPI, Jackson would have to initiate the contact, then create the space WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. He didn't. The contact with the DB is all before the ball is thrown. Which makes it legal.
So, lets recap for our remedial football fan. When the QB leaves the pocket, receivers become blockers, which strange as it may seem to you and your dunce like brainwaves, could actually involve extended arms. Of course, Seattle fans were extra upset when the ref waits for 3 seconds and some crying form the DB to throw the flag.

Clark Haggins was offsides. Who gives a shit if Locklear held him in any way. Any ref who calls a player for holding an offsides player is an idiot.
The personal foul on Hasselbeck is pretty damn stupid.

Do I believe in conspiracies? not in the NFL. I do firmly believe that homefield influences officiating. And XL was a pro pissburg crowd for sure.
Now the NBA? I know that shit is rigged.

All questionable officiating aside, this is why we lost, period. See bold. Pitt def had more plays than we did.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
OP's linked video seems to have been made by someone who can only grasp the rudimentary concepts of the game. The obsession over yards-for-yards' sake, the exact number of playcalls (?) and an odd interpretation of specific calls that did not change the outcome of the game (i.e. the dead-ball 4th down PI or the hold on Maxwell vs. Crabtree that would have been declined anyway, the admittedly blown call regarding Bowman that worked out to zero Seahawk points and more yardage for the 49ers, etc.) is odd to watch. I'll admit that a limited few of the calls were not made correctly, but I don't think these calls were more responsible for the outcome of the game than, say, Colin Kaepernick and Greg Roman's poor decisions in the 4th quarter.

(cf):
[youtube]ivQdWzvpQsA[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just want to make this clear...

...the author of that video is NOT a Niner fan. He does something like that every year regardless of the teams involved. Its not just a pissed off Niner fan.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Ah. Thank you for the context.

Also odd was the discussion in the video about the Aldon Smith jump. The lack of a pass rush on that play wasn't due to any OL flinch; the 49ers just went for the hard count. Simple as that. Of course a flag was thrown on the play.

idahohawk

Reaction score
i refuse to waste a second of my life on this. In fact, just posting this reply is counter to my statement, but I at least need to state how ridiculous this is. Superbowl Champs! I'm still in shock. Going to enjoy each and every moment.

illmatik

Reaction score
Marvin49":16sxpc7x said:

...the author of that video is NOT a Niner fan. He does something like that every year regardless of the teams involved. Its not just a pissed off Niner fan.

Well that sucks because even if it wasn't most people wont believe it... Sucks when stupid garbage like this comes out and the general public (fan?) believes it. Cough Wall Street Journal Cough LOB holds every play......

SF49r

Reaction score
He does make some good points though not that I buy into the whole conspiracy crap but it's pretty interesting how refs mistakes led to the injuries of Iupati and Bowman.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Regarding the play that prefaced the Iupati injury, from the link above:

Anthony Dixon was originally ruled to have scored a touchdown on a third-and-1 leap over the top. Steratore reversed the call after reviewing the scoring play. A high sideline angle (not showed on the video) indicates Dixon came up short. And that’s what Steratore ruled.

The Bowman injury would have happened one way or another; no bad call or dirty Seahawks play led to that, even though the call regarding the turnover itself was obviously blown.

Hopefully, Bowman recovers fully in the offseason and we can see him in action next year vs. us for at least two, if not three, games.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SF49r":239jb5g7 said:
He does make some good points though not that I buy into the whole conspiracy crap but it's pretty interesting how refs mistakes led to the injuries of Iupati and Bowman.

And that is some bad damn luck. However, I might point out that both were hurt by friendly fire as well.

Last year, many Niner fans cried that they got jobbed when Jimmy Smith interfered on the 4th down attempt to Crabtree. Of course, those same fans rarely mention that they made the Super Bowl when Brooks simply mugged an Atlanta receiver on a crucial 4th down play at the end of that game. And would have summarily mocked any Atlanta fans who called it a conspiracy.

There are no conspiracies. There is simply bad officiating. And 3 4th quarter turnovers by Kaepernick.

SF49r

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19zaqiap said:
SF49r":19zaqiap said:

And that is some bad damn luck. However, I might point out that both were hurt by friendly fire as well.

Last year, many Niner fans cried that they got jobbed when Jimmy Smith interfered on the 4th down attempt to Crabtree. Of course, those same fans rarely mention that they made the Super Bowl when Brooks simply mugged an Atlanta receiver on a crucial 4th down play at the end of that game. And would have summarily mocked any Atlanta fans who called it a conspiracy.

There are no conspiracies. There is simply bad officiating. And 3 4th quarter turnovers by Kaepernick.

Yes I agree, no conspiracies. You can point out everything wrong with the officiating that game but there is no excuse for 3 4th quarter turnovers. 49ers still had a chance to win that game and it just happened to come down to 1 play. Same goes for last year in the superbowl, they had 4 tries in the redzone and there was indeed holding on that last one but it's not like the refs call that stuff when the game is on the line especially in the superbowl.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SF49r":gr22tn63 said:

I didn't watch the video but how did ref mistakes lead to those injuries? Bowman in particular?

SF49r

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":34uagi4h said:
SF49r":34uagi4h said:

I didn't watch the video but how did ref mistakes lead to those injuries? Bowman in particular?

The video states that the Anthony Dixon 1 yard touchdown run on 3rd down was actually a touchdown but the officials called it back, then on the 4th down run thats when Iupati got injured. The Bowman one it states that on 3rd and 2 the 49ers got a delay of game but it shows that the clock ticked only 34 seconds instead of 40 seconds so it apparently it shouldn't have been a delay of game but it was called and it was 3rd and 7 and thats when Kap fumbled. It probably would have been unlikely he fumbled if it was 3rd and 2 so that series would have never happened when Bowman got injured.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SF49r":13vrgh6g said:
HawkRiderFan":13vrgh6g said:
SF49r":13vrgh6g said:

The video states that the Anthony Dixon 1 yard touchdown run on 3rd down was actually a touchdown but the officials called it back, then on the 4th down run thats when Iupati got injured. The Bowman one it states that on 3rd and 2 the 49ers got a delay of game but it shows that the clock ticked only 34 seconds instead of 40 seconds so it apparently it shouldn't have been a delay of game but it was called and it was 3rd and 7 and thats when Kap fumbled. It probably would have been unlikely he fumbled if it was 3rd and 2 so that series would have never happened when Bowman got injured.

...and the premise is completely wrong.

When Kap ran out of bounds on the play before the GAME clock stops until the play is reset but the PLAY clock does not...IE, they were correctly flagged for delay of game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Marvin49":3gvgnc7i said:

Yeah, I believe he has one of these same videos about Super Bowl XL out there.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Oh good grief... What about ALL the CALLS that went the 9ers way ALL SEASON??!? Davis catch, three steps, then fumble that was ruled incomplete pass as one example.... They are so used to getting every call, when one doesn't go their way it's a conspiracy....

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Marvin49":3gggoyiz said:
SF49r":3gggoyiz said:
HawkRiderFan":3gggoyiz said:
SF49r":3gggoyiz said:

...and the premise is completely wrong.

When Kap ran out of bounds on the play before the GAME clock stops until the play is reset but the PLAY clock does not...IE, they were correctly flagged for delay of game.

Right. Again, from the above CSN video assessment:

--The video says that the 49ers were called for a crucial delay-of-game penalty only 34 seconds after the end of the previous play. This claim is completely inaccurate. The video correctly points out that Kaepernick ran out of bounds with 11:12 remaining and the delay-of-game penalty was called at 10:36. OK, that’s 36 seconds. But what is not noted is that the game clocks stops when a player runs out bounds and it’s restarted once the officials spot the ball at the appropriate yard line. In this case, there was a nine-second lag between Kaepernick running out of bounds and the game clock restarting. The play clock starts immediately after the end of the previous play. Instead of third-and-1, it correctly became third-and-6. Kaepernick was sacked and fumbled on the next play.

bigcc

Reaction score
LazerLargent78":3dr8pyie said:
Scottemojo":3dr8pyie said:
Maybe if our pissburg fan from swissvale or whatever knew a rule or two he could have a real discussion.

Seattle should have played better in XL. Fact. Even Holmgren has said he didn't do a good job of keeping our players focused on anything but the next bad call.

But...
Forget the arms extended on DJack. It has no bearing on OPI. Fully extended doesn't mean shit. Why? Lets rewind. Ball is snapped, pressure, Hasselbeck rolls left...out of the pocket. Every single receiver is now a blocker, which the defender knows and immediately latches onto Jackson. As he should. For it to be OPI, Jackson would have to initiate the contact, then create the space WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. He didn't. The contact with the DB is all before the ball is thrown. Which makes it legal.
So, lets recap for our remedial football fan. When the QB leaves the pocket, receivers become blockers, which strange as it may seem to you and your dunce like brainwaves, could actually involve extended arms. Of course, Seattle fans were extra upset when the ref waits for 3 seconds and some crying form the DB to throw the flag.

Clark Haggins was offsides. Who gives a shit if Locklear held him in any way. Any ref who calls a player for holding an offsides player is an idiot.
The personal foul on Hasselbeck is pretty damn stupid.

Do I believe in conspiracies? not in the NFL. I do firmly believe that homefield influences officiating. And XL was a pro pissburg crowd for sure.
Now the NBA? I know that shit is rigged.

All questionable officiating aside, this is why we lost, period. See bold. Pitt def had more plays than we did.

No it isn't, officiating aside, Manuel (already a backup) getting hurt and having god damn pruitt put in and getting burnt on the two long plays is why we lost.