"They wrote me off, but I ain't write back"

samwize77

Reaction score
I'm not a big Gino fan....I'll say that right up front. But he did do a pretty good job. Not GREAT, but good. Everything had to go our way to win this game if you look at it from 30,000ft. Donkos penalties....their fumbles....and of course HORID clock management at the end. I am exhilarated about the win...but I'm also honest with myself.......this is a game the Donkos lost...we didn't win it IMHO. If the Hawks had lost this game in the same manner the Donkos did...I'd be saying we had our chances....we shot ourselves in the foot to many times...I'd be saying we lost it, they did not win. We gave it away.
Back to Gino. I very much like the confidence he showed. Good accuracy. And the team seems totally behind him. The term game manager comes to mind. Which I am fine with. If we can get the running game amped up it'll help him even more. Good for Gino......really....good for Gino!! Hope he keeps it up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Denver also got a few breaks. Especially the dropped pick in the end zone, that would have ended that drive (that was one of their FG's)
And by some miracle, they avoided a blocked punt by Dallas.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
That win was due to the defense, not Geno.

Geno moved the chains and had a great night. But he wasn't the difference. The difference was the defense.
This succinctly applies to another QB we're familiar with. Actually it applies to every successful QB. Funny thing football being the TEAM game that it is.

hoxrox

Reaction score
That's a pretty unlikely Mt.Rushmore there. Still, the guy delivered the ball. Maybe it looked weird because we're not used to seeing patience on offense?
Yeah it's just week one but shows that Geno isn't just dink and dunk. He can throw with velocity and accuracy. The TD pass to Parkinson was perfect.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Props to Geno to sticking with it and putting on a conservative show tonight.

However, some of these quotes like this just strike me as so self-arrogant.

Just like Wilson's garbage quote about carrying the team, this Geno quote just reeks of lack of awareness. Like yeah... they wrote you off for very good reasons, like terrible performances for years and years in a row. To be "incensed" that someone "dare" write you off when they have literally all the proof in the world to do so just seems... idiotic.
Considering some of the hyperbolic comments referring to Geno as trash for the last ten years. Simply look at the many derogatory comments here recently. I respect his right to say what he needs to say. As long as his mind is right and he executes on gameday, having this fire after a big win is refreshing.

A little dog in your QB is much cooler than a scripted above everyone smartest-one-in-the-game persona that we've been subjected to in recent years.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I'm not a big Gino fan....I'll say that right up front. But he did do a pretty good job. Not GREAT, but good. Everything had to go our way to win this game if you look at it from 30,000ft. Donkos penalties....their fumbles....and of course HORID clock management at the end. I am exhilarated about the win...but I'm also honest with myself.......this is a game the Donkos lost...we didn't win it IMHO. If the Hawks had lost this game in the same manner the Donkos did...I'd be saying we had our chances....we shot ourselves in the foot to many times...I'd be saying we lost it, they did not win. We gave it away.
Back to Gino. I very much like the confidence he showed. Good accuracy. And the team seems totally behind him. The term game manager comes to mind. Which I am fine with. If we can get the running game amped up it'll help him even more. Good for Gino......really....good for Gino!! Hope he keeps it up.
You do realize that many of our games in the last 10 years looked eerily similar in the unbelievable plays that happened on both sides of the ball to secure the win. This is how the Seahawks are built to play and win.

The two fumbles seem incredibly lucky, yet they happened because the Seahawks and the fans and the environment created the situation for the players to capitalize on the opportunities provided.

These are the kinds of games the Seahawks and the culture here has been built to play and win.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Russ is jealous he didn’t come up with a quick witted quote of the year. In Geno we trust!!!!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
G-e-n-o. Geno. Not Gino.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah it's just week one but shows that Geno isn't just dink and dunk. He can throw with velocity and accuracy. The TD pass to Parkinson was perfect.
Yes it was perfect but Denver put the clamps on our WR group and Seattle had enough talent to beat them with out Tight ends...they have a crap load of talent on this team , enough talent that they will vyou some where brcause you cant take away everything thing..yhe scheme will find a way to win.

Seymour

Reaction score
That win was due to the defense, not Geno.

Geno moved the chains and had a great night. But he wasn't the difference. The difference was the defense.
Geno's impact goes beyond the stat sheets. He's playing for $48 million less than Wilson and that frees up cash to put into defense and other area's. So Geno HELPS your defense, and also helped keep them off the field.
I won't give it to either, I'll give it to both. Team win.

samwize77

Reaction score
You do realize that many of our games in the last 10 years looked eerily similar in the unbelievable plays that happened on both sides of the ball to secure the win. This is how the Seahawks are built to play and win.

The two fumbles seem incredibly lucky, yet they happened because the Seahawks and the fans and the environment created the situation for the players to capitalize on the opportunities provided.

These are the kinds of games the Seahawks and the culture here has been built to play and win.
I'm as happy as anyone about the win......at the end of the day a "W" is a "W"........its just that, for me, realistically, if we had lost like that....I'd say we beat ourselves. On many occasions we were truly one play away from losing. Is that how we are built to play and win? IMHO thats not good football.

Latest posts