This is Baldwin's team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
White Devil":3mjpxuo5 said:
Reflecting on my comments and the replies, maybe engine isn't the appropriate term. Spark Plug, may fit better. However without the spark plug, the engine doesn't fire, so the point remains. Doug has been a huge key to the success of this offense and Russ over the last season and a half. He's stepped his game up big time and should be acknowledged for his role.

Spark plug for sure, I'll go with that. Doug's always an important spark plug for our offense, when he's rolling that usually means the entire offense is rolling.

If there's one thing I could instill in Russell, it's Doug's fiery on field/sideline leadership. I wish he would be more like that.

Seymour

Reaction score
White Devil":fkgl2upc said:
@Seymour - sorry don't know the history of posts every poster makes here.

Yet you are right there schooling me on "not a cut on Russ?".

Thanks...I can do without your "help".

Everything is pro Belichick, Brady.....and anti Pete, Wilson. This thread is no different.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm with the OP in terms of 'owning' the team.

Wilson is the face of the franchise and a rah-rah type like Pete. You know what he's going to say before he says it, and you know it's going to be right in tune with the people paying his $MM paychecks. He lacks credibility. Moffitt's robot if you will.

Baldwin on the other hand has not been a company man per se, but has shown up consistently and done his job to the best of his ability. He's not the most gifted athlete, nor the richest, but he has always gone 100% and that has earned him the respect from even the defensive side of the ball.

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":1qx5kqgr said:
Seymour":1qx5kqgr said:
This thread does not surprise me at all. Baldwin had a good game but anything other than admit it is Wilson's team. :roll:

RW missed a WR in the stride 50 yards downfield so clearly he is a bum.....

:sarcasm_off:

Someone gets it. That is coming 20-30 times again this week. :3-1:

White Devil

Reaction score
Seymour":nkp6fo78 said:
White Devil":nkp6fo78 said:

Everything is pro Belichick, Brady.....and anti Pete, Wilson. This thread is no different.

uhm...I was agreeing with the premise of the post and saying that the opinion that it's becoming Doug's offense isn't a cut on Russ.

I think you've taken a general comment and directed it at yourself.

Wow.

It's ok, little buddy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Time to add you to the ignore list alongside SiouxHawk I guess.

White Devil

Reaction score
Own The West":31dwyt5k said:

Wilson is the face of the franchise and a rah-rah type like Pete. You know what he's going to say before he says it, and you know it's going to be right in tune with the people paying his $MM paychecks. He lacks credibility. Moffitt's robot if you will.

Baldwin on the other hand has not been a company man per se, but has shown up consistently and done his job to the best of his ability. He's not the most gifted athlete, nor the richest, but he has always gone 100% and that has earned him the respect from even the defensive side of the ball.

Hurry up and disavow the Patriots before Seymour gets his feelings hurt.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
White Devil":2fe9ywk0 said:
Seymour":2fe9ywk0 said:
This thread does not surprise me at all. Baldwin had a good game but anything other than admit it is Wilson's team. :roll:

Wilson is the head, but sorry to break it to you, Baldwin is the engine of this offense right now.

It's not a crack at Russ.

It's just what is happening on the field. It's fun to watch him grow.

Agreed. Baldwin is the soul of the offense.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Own The West":3c2xerub said:

Very well said.

Seymour

Reaction score
White Devil":2m1iol0n said:
Seymour":2m1iol0n said:
White Devil":2m1iol0n said:

uhm...I was agreeing with the premise of the post and saying that the opinion that it's becoming Doug's offense isn't a cut on Russ.

I think you've taken a general comment and directed it at yourself.

Wow.

It's ok, little buddy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Time to add you to the ignore list alongside SiouxHawk I guess.

You are all over the place.

Engine, spark plug....whatever name you give it doesn't matter.

Again, is it Wilson's team or Baldwins?? (read the thread title again) That is the basis of my disagreement with both you and the OP.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn proud to wear my 89 jersey on gamedays. Stud. Warrior. Leader.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've been a huge Baldwin fan since day 1. I was ecstatic when we re-signed him. He's passionate and he's a leader on and off the field. He may not put up the numbers other receivers do, but his skill set is up there with the best of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
On offense, Russell is the Head, Baldwin the heart, you need both, Wilson be the analytical talk guy and Baldwin the emotional powder keg who wears that heart on his sleeve. Lynch used to be the engine, were still trying to tune up the new one there. To bad his name was Carson and we will have to see if he still has 8 cylinders next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ewvcnvy said:
Sports Hernia":2ewvcnvy said:
Sgt. Largent":2ewvcnvy said:
Hawks46":2ewvcnvy said:
I would say it's Baldwin's offense, but not team. .

I agree with this.

Doug used to annoy me before he learned how to harness his perfectionist angry Doug personality screaming a Chris Carter and pooping footballs.

But he's done a masterful job of getting rid of the negative, and leaving just a VERY good team leader, and now civic leader. Really proud of the football player and human being Doug's grown into.

I hope he goes into coaching after his career's over, he's got the intelligence and drive to be a GREAT coach.
Color me immature, but I didn’t mind the pooping of footballs or yelling at Chris Carter, in fact I liked it! I liked it when Sherm put Jim Moore in his place for being a POS....
I don’t expect my team to be puritans..... as long as they are not beating up their wives/gf/mother’s, driving drunk or getting arrested for various crimes, I don’t care.

YMMV though. 8)

As Kam Chancellor says everytime Sherman runs his mouth and becomes a disruption, it takes away from the team's focus..............they play worse when that happens.

So no, I wasn't a fan of Doug yelling at the camera. And he knows that too, that's why he stopped doing it.
Meh, this team plays better when they have a chip on their shoulder like it or not.
I’d rather have Sherm and Doug going off on someone drivin’ by their desire to win than be a Jay Cutler type that is there for a check. I so do not care if my team is liked by other teams, fanbases, or the media, both national and local. If they have to “wear the black hat” and are winning, then so be it. I’m sure I’m in the minority on this, oh well. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ittr2g9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ittr2g9 said:
Sports Hernia":2ittr2g9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ittr2g9 said:
I agree with this.

Doug used to annoy me before he learned how to harness his perfectionist angry Doug personality screaming a Chris Carter and pooping footballs.

But he's done a masterful job of getting rid of the negative, and leaving just a VERY good team leader, and now civic leader. Really proud of the football player and human being Doug's grown into.

I hope he goes into coaching after his career's over, he's got the intelligence and drive to be a GREAT coach.
Color me immature, but I didn’t mind the pooping of footballs or yelling at Chris Carter, in fact I liked it! I liked it when Sherm put Jim Moore in his place for being a POS....
I don’t expect my team to be puritans..... as long as they are not beating up their wives/gf/mother’s, driving drunk or getting arrested for various crimes, I don’t care.

YMMV though. 8)

As Kam Chancellor says everytime Sherman runs his mouth and becomes a disruption, it takes away from the team's focus..............they play worse when that happens.

So no, I wasn't a fan of Doug yelling at the camera. And he knows that too, that's why he stopped doing it.
Meh, this team plays better when they have a chip on their shoulder like it or not.
I’d rather have Sherm and Doug going off on someone drivin’ by their desire to win than be a Jay Cutler type that is there for a check. I so do not care if my team is liked by other teams, fanbases, or the media, both national and local. If they have to “wear the black hat” and are winning, then so be it. I’m sure I’m in the minority on this, oh well. 8)

Your not alone, I like my Seahawks with attitude, besides you can be in the minority if your the one holding the Gun. :)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
White Devil":2w7cby7j said:
The engine of the team was Lynch with Russ driving.

The engine of this team is Baldwin with, get this, Russ driving.

I get the Russ love and I'm on board. I agree that he takes the team where they go, but he doesn't do it alone, and especially not this year with his lack of faith in the o-line. What moves the offense when they need a play, is Baldwin. It should be Jimmy, but Jimmy has almost officially checked out.

@Scorpion05 - Have you seen what Kearse has been doing on another offense? I assume you've seen what Tate has been doing on another offense? I think the Pedestrian moniker was never accurate.

@Sgt. Largent - The game yesterday would have been very different without the consistency of Doug on 3rd down.

Reflecting on my comments and the replies, maybe engine isn't the appropriate term. Spark Plug, may fit better. However without the spark plug, the engine doesn't fire, so the point remains. Doug has been a huge key to the success of this offense and Russ over the last season and a half. He's stepped his game up big time and should be acknowledged for his role.

Yea, with respect I still don't buy it

A car can't be "driven" without an engine. When Lynch was here he was the driver, not the engine. At this point, with no O-line or Running Game, Russ is BOTH the engine AND the driver

I simply don't understand why praise for the best franchise QB in our history is met with such resistance. Why are people "homers" or "apologists" or blind for recognizing Russell's greatness for what it is (not referencing you specifically just a general point)? He's avoiding the rush, he's not making a lot of mistakes on offense. Every objective metric suggests that he's keeping this offense afloat. Almost every NFL analyst praises Russell Wilson for what he's had to overcome. The offense does not accomplish what it did WITHOUT Wilson. Lynch was 7-9 and was not the "engine" of any team before Wilson arrived

Oh, and Kearse and Baldwin developed with a great Qb in Wilson to help them develop. Kearse doesn't do what he's doing in New York if he was in Jacksonville with Bortles throwing to him. He's taken that championship DNA and development to the Jets.

If Baldwin gets injured, our playoff hopes are still alive. When Lynch got injured in the past, we knew we were okay because we had Russ. If Russell gets injured, we're doomed. You can move a vehicle forward with wheels if it's in neutral. But that vehicle is not going anywhere significant without the engine. That is Russell Wilson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
White Devil":5yveag2b said:
Own The West":5yveag2b said:

Hurry up and disavow the Patriots before Seymour gets his feelings hurt.
C'mon man :roll: I'd expect this kind of silly from my 10 year old Great-grandson.

tersal

Reaction score
907Hawk":2widagho said:
semiahmoo":2widagho said:
Just a vibe coming from on the field and sidelines. Seems Doug Baldwin is "the man" out there, at least on the O-side.

The guy is an amazing receiver that deserves far more respect/attention around the league and him and Russ seem to have great chemistry. Hope he stays healthy and stays in Seattle for a long time.

Was a moment after Jimmy dropped that easy pass for what would have been a big gain and not long after Baldwin was giving Graham a "keep your head up" sign and Jimmy seemed to come alive after that. Every great team needs that one guy who keeps it together.

Baldwin seems to be that guy and he just might be my favorite on this version of the Seahawks.

Nice post, this team needs that veteran leadership, the Michael Robinson role, but the offense still lives and dies with Wilson.[/quote
Very well put Russ also has been supportive of Graham Baldwin is one leader on offense . Also I find Russ to be a very precise passer. Russ is the other. I think Russ should be the MVP. Really no running game and an offensive line that does not block well either running or passing. He is carrying the offense.

tersal

Reaction score
semiahmoo":15e6d4kt said:
mistaowen":15e6d4kt said:
The move he made at the LOS against the defender on his touchdown was amazing. Play was over as soon as Russ hiked the ball. One hell of a football player and leader.

Yup. Not to flame Russ (really) but if Baldwin had a precision QB like Brady I think his stats would be huge.

If the chemistry between RW and Baldwin continues that kind of domination could happen. Right now it's good but there's still some timing issues (mostly on Wilson's side) that takes away some huge plays that could really elevate this offense into something special. Right now the offense is "getting better" but I'd love to see it turn into something great.

I'll leave coaching staff out of that equation - for now. :)
If Russ cheated Brady Baldwin's stats would sky rocket. Truthfully Brady goes through games without getting his Jersey dirty I wish we could see Russ behind a line like that.