This is not Bevell!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
northseahawk":5hi9qgcm said:
I know that some of you blind Wilson lovers will never see the actual reality.

Its our midget qb who can't convert anything.

he decides to throw passes to Willson and Lockett while tightly covered and refuses to throw it to Graham even when he beats his guy. Smh
Can we ban this guy? Nobody here is blind, but everybody realizes more than a few shortcomings from more than one position lost the game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2bfzds0c said:
This will just devolve in to a circular argument, but I simply don't agree with "nothing to the right." Jimmy is in front of his defender there. That's 6'7 Jimmy Graham in front of his defender on a 4 yard curl route. Jimmy can wall him off there. He's in single coverage on a LB after Lockett clears out, for crying out loud. If you're not going to throw it to him there, why is he even on the team?

Nah, we're good. I'm no expert. The comments are as I see the play and certainly aren't meant to be taken as an expert opinion lol.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Over all this BS is the fact DEFENSE wins Championships and ours is not playing up to par like the last few years,it is that simple.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So we have this post from TwilightError..........
TwilightError":sm30cr2m said:
................Also Wilson was a failure on the second half. Part of me thinks he aims to make the games tight so he can shine on the last drive, bigger part of me can not believe anyone could be so stupidly self centered.

And this one from CHawker........
Chawker":sm30cr2m said:
............I will say this, one thing that does trouble me about Wilson. In a interview (I think it was his rookie season) he said, that he wants the ball in his hands with the game on the line. Now if thats not a glory seeker I don't who is.....................

Congratulations gentlemen, these are the two worst posts I have ever seen on this site and I've been here since the Scout days so that's saying something. You even went beyond the typical "midget" bullshit that's seen here far too often. It's probably a good thing I'm not a mod cuz I'd be banning people for this kind of crap left and right. In other words, I'd be trying to fix stupid and that's simply impossible.

The hate from some people on these boards for Wilson boggles my mind. I have no issues with the criticisms of his play (holding the ball too long, not willing to throw into tight windows, etc.). Hell I even find the "hey Russ, go bang Ciara" threads/comments amusing. But to call this guy midget and the like and to even suggest he would do poorly on purpose is slimeball bullshit.............SMH.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1b6s3xgr said:
Laloosh":1b6s3xgr said:
Like Brock said, running our routes...

PLLHxK8.gif
That is the play where Russ audibled, and then the Cincy player got his whole team into a correct defence based on our alignment, IIRC.
The formation was a tell, and Cincy knew the play. No doubt they spotted on previous occasions where in a similar situation we made a similar audible.

There was no failure to execute on offense there. Watch the RDE on the Bengals, he knows the passing lane and jumps up to block the lane to Graham. Watch Graham, his guy sits on the route and undercuts it.

Remember when Sherman picked off the Texans QB in a similar situation? Seattle knew the play they would go with based on critical situation and alignment. Just like the Bengals, it told them where to blitz and how to cover. Tendencies.

Good play on the D. Bad call on the O.

Thanks for calling that out.

AVL

Reaction score
This place is a dumpster. Is it run by midget haters?

BASF

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2o2glsbx said:
This will just devolve in to a circular argument, but I simply don't agree with "nothing to the right." Jimmy is in front of his defender there. That's 6'7 Jimmy Graham in front of his defender on a 4 yard curl route. Jimmy can wall him off there. He's in single coverage on a LB after Lockett clears out, for crying out loud. If you're not going to throw it to him there, why is he even on the team?

The problem with the All-22 is that we do not see things from the QB's perspective. This is a great example. The place that you are advocating Wilson to throw it to has 98 standing in that passing lane. All he is doing is being there expecting that pass to be thrown. He even jumps up at the right moment to eliminate that throw being made or intercept it if it is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Midget? What are we in 3rd grade? Don't like the guy who was a HUGE part of taking the team to back to back Super Bowl games, go watch another team. :roll:

Sure he can play better, the whole damn team can play better. That was a TEAM loss.
It's easy to sit here and look at some video's and still shots and assume that he's playing like crap, and how is he missing that guy blah blah blah.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
BASF":8zempufv said:
CodeWarrior":8zempufv said:

The problem with the All-22 is that we do not see things from the QB's perspective. This is a great example. The place that you are advocating Wilson to throw it to has 98 standing in that passing lane. All he is doing is being there expecting that pass to be thrown. He even jumps up at the right moment to eliminate that throw being made or intercept it if it is.

Yes, he was doing it all game. As I've discussed in other threads, defeating a spy on a pass play if one of the easiest things for a QB to accomplish. It really is peewee stuff. Watch 98 on that play. He doesn't even turn to locate potential receivers. All it takes to neutralize 98 is a pump fake, rollout, etc. He's there to stop Wilson running.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1e3y0nxe said:
Over all this BS is the fact DEFENSE wins Championships and ours is not playing up to par like the last few years,it is that simple.

Bingo.

Everyone's on Russell and Bevell's ass, but this team is build around a supposed "elite" defense, run game and superior special teams.

So where's the D criticism? I made a thread, but other than that I haven't seen even half the threads criticizing this overrated D not doing it's job of holding leads.

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1g8u625u said:
IndyHawk":1g8u625u said:

Bingo.

Everyone's on Russell and Bevell's ass, but this team is build around a supposed "elite" defense, run game and superior special teams.

So where's the D criticism? I made a thread, but other than that I haven't seen even half the threads criticizing this overrated D not doing it's job of holding leads.

This defense has squandered 17 4th quarter leads since 2012. That's a lot.

They're also ranked top 10 in most statistical categories this season whereas the offense is near the bottom statistically. The fact that we are tied for the least offensive TDs in the entire league is a cause for concern. Completely terrible offenses like the Bears and Cowboys (With awful backups QBs for several games) have scored more offensive TDs than ours. And we actually have some supposed elite players on that side of the ball.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uimogrr4 said:
IndyHawk":uimogrr4 said:

Bingo.

It's not realistic to expect the defense to shut out every team, every week. There were defensive breakdowns but clearly people aren't as swayed as you are that it's on them and that is why you don't see the reaction that you're looking for.

I don't think anyone's happy about giving up the points. They're just not as upset about that, as our offense being unable to score some of their own (or stay on the field so the defense can get a blow).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Laloosh":3t0dgy3b said:
Sgt. Largent":3t0dgy3b said:
IndyHawk":3t0dgy3b said:

Bingo.

It's not realistic to expect the defense to shut out every team, every week. There were defensive breakdowns but clearly people aren't as swayed as you are that it's on them and that is why you don't see the reaction that you're looking for.

I don't think anyone's happy about giving up the points. They're just not as upset about that, as our offense being unable to score some of their own (or stay on the field so the defense can get a blow).

I don't think anyone expects our D to shut out teams, that's not realistic. But I do think the majority of us think this D should hold leads in the 4th quarter and overtime, and other than the Bears game against a Community College offense, they haven't.........and if not for a Kam punch out, we would have lost the Lion game too.

Is that OK with you? 75% of our cap resources going to players that are all crying for more money because they think they're worthy of it? Cause I don't see it.

You want to get paid, play like it..........and those of you that GOT paid? Step it up.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'll put 50% of the blame for Seattle's offensive struggles this year on poor pass blocking by the Offensive line, 25% on Wilson's understandably nervous demeaner in the pocket and lack of always making the right reads/decisions about where and when to throw the ball, and 25% on Bevell's passing game play calls. My percentages of blame might be off, but what I am 99% sure about is that you can't blame 100% of the struggles on any one player or coach - team sports typically doesn't work that way.