This Team is Done

W

Welshers

It's over. It was a hell of a run. Pete and Co brought the city of Seattle a Lombardi trophy and for that I will always be grateful. But this team is done.

I was one of the longest standing optimists and supporters of Pete. I still backed the guy even when everyone else wanted him gone. But now I see I may have been looking with nostalgia glasses. There is no more chance of turning it around for this football team. They are done. They are out coached every week. Russ looks broken. The D gets cut up by Colt McCoy. This football team is 100% done folks. It kills me to say it. But it's true.

They sold the future for a safety who can't play coverage. We have no 1st RD picks. It's all over. I hate to admit defeat but it's truly over. What we need to do now is blow the whole thing up. Pete should retire or go to USC. We should trade Russ for 1sts. Draft a QB and start all over. Maybe it will take 10+ years because of the ridiculous trades, but it doesn't matter. Just start over.

Today was the day I admit this team is done

Greenhell

Reaction score
Pure trash all season long with the exception of the first game of the season.

SlickRick

Reaction score
We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

SlickRick":vdmlj4yv said:
We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.
I doubt he will play here next season. They should trade him honestly.

Mizak

Reaction score
Welshers":w3qpe05m said:
SlickRick":w3qpe05m said:

For Aaron Rodgers?

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol it’s been done since like 4 seasons ago

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Mizak":r077mil5 said:
Welshers":r077mil5 said:
SlickRick":r077mil5 said:

For Aaron Rodgers?
I'd take that if they could honestly. It'd be a good trade for GB. But it won't happen. So start stocking up picks and rebuilding. Pick a QB. We can even draft one this year in a later round. There have been good QBs drafted late (Russ and Brady come to mind)

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Bigpumpkin":kcrdiv7z said:
Somethings not right with Russ's head. He can no longer lead this team.
I agree. He's just making terrible decisions. And the decision making can't be excused by bad health.

xray

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1qltybsb said:
Somethings not right with Russ's head. He can no longer lead this team.

Half right...he also doesn't have the same grip and feel as before with his money hand . IMO

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This team has been "done" since the end of 49.

As traitorous as this sounds, it's about time this team started losing to expose the true issues and flaws with this franchise. And it starts from the top

jammerhawk

Reaction score
3-7 and quite frankly the team looks simply awful.

The O is toothless, Wilson looks tentative and simply out of sync, next to no running game, weak OLine play, combined with a weak D unable to make plays.

Stick a fork in the Hawks they’re done!

flv

Reaction score
How the game stats read:

Cardinals 79 plays, Seahawks 49 plays.
Time of possession is a 40-20 massacre.
Seahawks offense didn't generate a lot of yards.
There weren't any turnovers.
There weren't any big ST plays.
Penalty totals and yardage appear close.

Despite all of that it was a 3 point game after 50 minutes - against 1 of the NFL's best teams.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
flv":1dnj0okn said:
How the game stats read:

Despite all of that it was a 3 point game after 50 minutes - against 1 of the NFL's best teams.

....against their backup quarterback without their best receiver.
Still gave up 350 passing yards.
We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons

PNW

Reaction score
flv":22n2bp2m said:
How the game stats read:

One of the NFL’s best teams without two of their best players....Don’t fool yourself if they had Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins it would’ve been a massacre, Colt McCoy beat us down and had the best game he’s had since 2014 against us.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
flv":1c6hko7o said:
How the game stats read:

Because their kicker stunk today also. Seattle should have never been in that game.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
flv":23alxpeq said:
How the game stats read:

With Colt McCoy surgically dissecting the D....

flv

Reaction score
The original version of my post said the Seahawks 'chunk yardage' offense couldn't generate 1st downs and the defense couldn't prevent 1st downs. The Seahawks didn't win any phase of the game, (except punting), and still, somehow, kept it close. I've only seen clips of this game. (I had to sit through all of the Dolphins @ Jets game and I didn't want to watch a full game of any team straight after that).