This Team is Done

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
flv":32jgtc4c said:
The original version of my post said the Seahawks 'chunk yardage' offense couldn't generate 1st downs and the defense couldn't prevent 1st downs. The Seahawks didn't win any phase of the game, (except punting), and still, somehow, kept it close. I've only seen clips of this game. (I had to sit through all of the Dolphins @ Jets game and I didn't want to watch a full game of any team straight after that).

It was really only close because of shanked kicks.

eo620

Reaction score
Trade Rus to NYJ or Phil and get some of their first round picks. Phil has three in top 15.

Time to start over and Russ is no longer the answer

flv

Reaction score
Keyhawk":3fmcn009 said:
Pete should retire. The team should trade Russ to the Miami Dolphins for Tua and a first-round pick.
You wouldn't want Tagovailoa. He's not NFL starter material. It was painful today watching the Dolphins operate 1-read-or-run plays for a high pick QB in his 2nd season. He just doesn't have a football IQ. On 1 play today the NT blatantly jumped offside, flags went in the air, everyone knew he had a free play...and he threw a short pass out-of-bounds rather than risk a pick.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jerhawk":91yj8erc said:
We've now gone 0-2 vs Colt McCoy the last two seasons
Did McCoy or Wilson play better today? That isn't a set up, I'm looking for your honest opinion and whether it affects how we should feel about losing to Colt McCoy, given that he is playing for 1.2m while Russ has a cap hit of 32m.

strohmin

Reaction score
AgentDib":1q24hekt said:
Jerhawk":1q24hekt said:
Did McCoy or Wilson play better today? That isn't a set up, I'm looking for your honest opinion and whether it affects how we should feel about losing to Colt McCoy, given that he is playing for 1.2m while Russ has a cap hit of 32m.

We should definitely feel bad since mccoy only beats bad teams

Jerhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":cxi9hksd said:
Jerhawk":cxi9hksd said:

McCoy played better. He took advantage of what the defense gave him and moved the chains. He avoided pressure for the most part and gave his playmakers an opportunity to win.

Wilson was hesitant and looked like hes still nursing a finger injury.

hairy

Reaction score
I could not agree more, but the first thing that needs to happen is Pete needs to give up his control over the draft. He has whiffed with high draft picks over the last 5 years or so plus his defense sucks. I dont care what the stats say no team is worried by this defense. Pete needs to step back and look at where this team is headed but I dont think Pete is capable of getting the hawks over the hump anymore. As long as he is the coach the hawks will fall short.

Fade

Reaction score
They were done years ago, but people chose to turn a blind eye to all of the problems, because of descent W-L regular season records. Problems continued to mount, fester even. Until it's undeniable to the most devout. It's good to know we've now crossed that line.

Pete has to retire, move on, go back to college, get fired, whatever. Before the rebuild can actually start proper. Otherwise the downward trend will only continue.

Colt McCoy attacked Jordan Brooks the whole game, and made he and Zach Ertz look like All-Pros.

The friends and family were laughing at the Seahawks. And their failure to adjust. These people are more like the normy kind of fans too, they're not hardcore. They couldn't believe how the defense kept getting beat by the same concepts over and over again. The offense is a hot mess as well from the O-Line, to the Receivers dropping balls, JAG RBs, the QB injured, out of sorts, not comfortable, and playing like crap.

It's a full-on implosion.

The silver lining is we get to see if ownership is asleep at the wheel or not this upcoming off-season. This is where ownership needs to step in and fix this.

If Pete stays, prepare for it to get much worse. He is the worst coach in the division and he's only getting farther behind the much younger and better coaches in the division.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":63ruclqu said:
The silver lining is we get to see if ownership is asleep at the wheel or not this upcoming off-season. This is where ownership needs to step in and fix this.

Ownership wont fix anything. They dont know how. Its why they gave Pete all the power. In their eyes, its up to Pete to fix the issues when in truth, he's the biggest issue of all.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
SlickRick":2u1fyitl said:
We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.

I think he already did just that.

balakoth

Reaction score
I feel the running game is fine.. its the poor play calls at poor times and poor audibles that hurts

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Mizak":1g31cdcd said:
Welshers":1g31cdcd said:
SlickRick":1g31cdcd said:
We've been done or should I say Seattle's been done since the Vikings Game when Wilson lost to them for the 1st time in his career. The Rams game/ Aaron Donald Fingergate killed what was left of the season.

Wilson needs to shut it down & come back stronger next season if that's with Seattle so be it & if not it is what it is.
I doubt he will play here next season. They should trade him honestly.

For Aaron Rodgers?

I think Rodgers like to play with a good line.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Pete's game is predicated on a strong run game and solid D. He/we really lucked out by getting Marshawn, and developing the LOB, one of the best defenses ever. That level of D can't last forever.

After losing Marshawn, we never found that next great back, and have been going downhill ever since.
Pete keeps thinking he can bring back that magic. He can't. It's simply time to move on from him.

I'm ready for the blow up. I just hope our next coach can ******* use TEs correctly.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

We don’t need to do what the Giants did and keep a coach and QB around just on past performance.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":3fhpmpvc said:
If I’m the Seahawks team president, I’m calling up John Schnieder tonight and saying “I want your plan for how we’re going to win the NFC West by 2024 on my desk by Wednesday morning,” and if item number 1 isn’t tell Pete to resign or be fired at the end of the year, then I’m firing John, Pete and everyone down to the waterboys the day after the season ends.

We don’t need to do what the Giants did and keep a coach and QB around just on past performance.

I can understand why they hung on as long as they did with 2 SBs wins to show for it. But in this case as soon as Schotty showed up and the season seemed to play out very similarly to other seasons with the same pressers. Done. Sadly I really do think Pete or RW could have excelled without the other for the Seahawks, but combined it just didn't work. RW's salary doesn't allow Pete to have the team he wants. Pete doesn't know how to use RW effectively either. It worked in the beginning before RW was a top paid QB.

Here's hoping they can turn this ship around in 2 years and not 2 decades. They as in the FO, time to move on from Pete . Preferably keep RW to attract a new HC, but I have a feeling he's going too.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2v9iw6w9 said:
This team has been "done" since the end of 49.

As traitorous as this sounds, it's about time this team started losing to expose the true issues and flaws with this franchise. And it starts from the top

I've mentioned before as soon as SB 49 ended, they should have fired Bevell even though everyone logically knew it wasn't his fault, but they needed a scape goat to prove accountability. And none was taken since that moment.

chris98251

Reaction score
Reaneypark":w89h7odm said:

Pete already probably made those calls to John, and based on his Press conference tonight already had the call to himself also and got no answers.

EXECUTIVE VP OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS/HEAD COACH

He is the highest Ranking direct Management of the Team.

Bert Kolde
VICE CHAIR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS & PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

That man is the direct link to Jody, the others at Vulcan are also involved with other aspects but I think if there is someone who is going to get involved first it would be him to Jody.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Keyhawk":36cxzzy9 said:
Tua isn’t any good so why would you want him.