This team will never make another SB with Bevell

irfuben32

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2aoa1a9m said:
My 2 cents:
Bevell is the one who called The Play. I don't care what Pete says. He wanted to look smart and stick it to Marshawn. The team knows this and has never forgotten. Bevell is the type of guy that always wants to let you know that he is the smartest guy in the room. Only he is not. More and more players are just totally fed up with his stupid play calls and it shows. Bevell IS the problem because the players have no faith/respect in his abilities. The OP is correct. This team can only go so far based on talent. They will not get over the hump as long as Bevell is here.

I completely agree.

That play call ripped the heart out of this team and the fastest way to heal it would have been to fire Bevell immediately.

The entire LOB fought there asses off with with serious injuries only to have it taken from them with that brain fart.

Always Compete? If you cost the team a Superbowl then you should be replaced.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
irfuben32":31x5kwdm said:
WmHBonney":31x5kwdm said:
My 2 cents:
Bevell is the one who called The Play. I don't care what Pete says. He wanted to look smart and stick it to Marshawn. The team knows this and has never forgotten. Bevell is the type of guy that always wants to let you know that he is the smartest guy in the room. Only he is not. More and more players are just totally fed up with his stupid play calls and it shows. Bevell IS the problem because the players have no faith/respect in his abilities. The OP is correct. This team can only go so far based on talent. They will not get over the hump as long as Bevell is here.

I completely agree.

That play call ripped the heart out of this team and the fastest way to heal it would have been to fire Bevell immediately.

The entire LOB fought there asses off with with serious injuries only to have it taken from them with that brain fart.

A zero-tolerance policy, except instead of life choices totally within your control, for decisions that others's actions have influence over. Awesome!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":14ndyppr said:
During Bevell's tenure in 4 the last 6 years (including this year) the Seahawks have ranked in the top 10 in scoring offense. This year the Hawks were ranked 18th as Wilson struggled due to injuries and a porous offensive line that everyone can agree is severely undermanned, and in Bevell's first year they were ranked 23rd in scoring.

Let's also not forget that Darrell Bevell gets nearly full credit for the drafting of Russ Wilson. He attended Wilson's pro-day when only a handful of scouts attended, and Carroll stated that they drafted Wilson as "Darrell's project" even thought the Seahawks already had Matt Flynn and Tavaris Jackson.
Uh, evidence? Literally every accounting of this that I've seen has said Schneider was in love with him and pushing Pete hard to draft him. I've NEVER seen Bevell associated with it and I've never heard the phrase "Darrell's project" regarding anything.

Please post some links.

chet380

Reaction score
irfuben32":xqh2h1vl said:
WmHBonney":xqh2h1vl said:
My 2 cents:

I completely agree.

1. PC has repeatedly stated that he participated in the decision in making "The Call".

2. After the game, Bevell said that Lockette "could have driven harder on the ball" and was roundly criticized for throwing Lockette under the bus -- after watching replays of the play innumerable times, it now appears to me that Bevell was right -- Lockette is much bigger than the smaller NE DB and if if he had moved upfield more forcefully the NE DB would have been shielded from the ball and would not have been in a position to make the interception.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chet380":1wd5usi6 said:
irfuben32":1wd5usi6 said:
WmHBonney":1wd5usi6 said:
My 2 cents:

I completely agree.

1. PC has repeatedly stated that he participated in the decision in making "The Call".

2. After the game, Bevell said that Lockette "could have driven harder on the ball" and was roundly criticized for throwing Lockette under the bus -- after watching replays of the play innumerable times, it now appears to me that Bevell was right -- Lockette is much bigger than the smaller NE DB and if if he had moved upfield more forcefully the NE DB would have been shielded from the ball and would not have been in a position to make the interception.

Yes, on whether to pass or not. Bevell called the actual pass play, i.e. slant rub route. Honestly, I do not even fault the call for a pass or the actual pass play. I was concerned with leaving NE with 30 seconds on the clock so the coaching decisions seemed very legitimate to me. Don't even think Lockette or RW were totally to blame. Butler (and Browner)just made a ridiculous play on the ball. A perfect read and play.

bighawk

Reaction score
Bevell's play calling is inconsistent because in the patriots game it was great along with the Philly game. I think his problem is the offense is to predictable. Run on first and second down then a Pass On third down or a screen to Baldwin. The issue i see is not using Graham consistently and not using Reece more as a pass catcher. We miss Prosise and his skillset as a runner and receiver. In my opinion we should throw the ball to open up the run. Cable should mix in more counters and pulling to take advantage of the athleticism of the o-line. If the team mixes it up then they will be fine. Stop being predictable. Focus and play for each other.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chet380":1wazrnkq said:

Too bad the whole world knows that's not Pete Carroll's way and Bevell shouldn't have said it publicly, true or not.

...Also, it's irrefutable that the personnel for that play call in that situation was incredibly stupid, and that's on Bevell. Football is all about match-ups, and the match-ups we went out there with at the goal line with that call and formation were incredibly stupid, and they still would have been stupid even if it had worked and we won the Super Bowl.

onepicknick

Reaction score
My 2 cents here, Lynch retiring has a lot to do with the run game you see they're finding out You'll never find another Lynch but they think it's the RB fault they can't make a YARD because the DL has our OL pushed back two yards as soon as the ball is snaped. Marshawn made them look like they could evaluate talent on the line but now we seen how that goes.

Instead of looking for athleticism they should be looking for Raw Talent that can be coached the cost would be the same as far a Darrell Bevel looks like will be stuck with him FOREVER because nobody would hire him as their OC or head coach same with Cable.

Lets see how far they make it this year I think we all concentrate more on our deficiency then the team were playing it like what I see on the Defensive side of the Ball is our LB can't cover on Passes the short Passes are always open.

Just a question here do you think it's the line that is causing the ST disasters Hauschka, and Ryan worst year ever.

Fade

Reaction score
Russell Wilson getting hurt had the biggest impact on the run game, his threat forced teams to allocate an extra defender. His rushing numbers in general would be enough to prop up a bad running game, they miss this. Pete a couple weeks back in one of his pressers mentioned how much they have missed Russell's running ability.

This is something to monitor in the playoffs. If Russell starts keeping it more, and his running numbers go up, Seattle's odds to win a Superbowl go up substantially.

I have said this many times about Bevell, he has faults, and I can live with them, except for one -> Red zone. He just isn't good when they get down there. Jimmy was the litmus test, he failed. In general I agree that Seattle will never win a Superbowl again because of this flaw, but then again Russell is a special player, and Seattle has the best pass rush trio in the playoffs. Franchise QBs, and Pass Rush win Superbowls historically.

I look at Seattle's road to the Superbowl, and I can carve out a realistic scenario.

WC Round -> Night game at home, against a central time zone team. 7.5 point favorites, win.

Div Round -> @ ATL Matt Ryan chokes in the playoffs, Russell likes playing in domes = they have a chance.

NFCCG -> Need Giants, or Pack to upset Cowboys to get that game at home, if this happens regardless of opponent Seattle will be favored to win that game.

Superbowl -> NE cannot rush the passer, Russell would have all day to throw, and scramble (we saw this already). NE & SEA have come down to the wire the last 3 times they have played. Flip a coin.

Largent80

Reaction score
I hope Seattle makes the Superbowl just so all you haters jump ship after Bevell signs a 5 year extension.