This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: **DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF EDITION**

carolinablue

Reaction score
Polaris":8dwjemew said:
CodeWarrior":8dwjemew said:
If you go to another team's board and are surprised when they're biased, you're probably a moron.

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult. I fully expect that 100 out of 100 people posting on the Carolina board are expecting them to win. That's no news. However, try reading that thread. It goes WAAAY beyond that to outright disrespect.
Not for nothing but you have people here that don't respect the Panthers. Just the way it is and if you choose to single out the crazy rabid fans and present that as an accurate representation of any fan base then that's more on you than it is on them I think.

Polaris

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1dodqnhe said:
Polaris":1dodqnhe said:
CodeWarrior":1dodqnhe said:
If you go to another team's board and are surprised when they're biased, you're probably a moron.

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult. I fully expect that 100 out of 100 people posting on the Carolina board are expecting them to win. That's no news. However, try reading that thread. It goes WAAAY beyond that to outright disrespect.

No point. That would be like reading Mein Kampf and being outraged by the anti-semitism.

[Response Deleted. I may have overreacted a bit. My apologies.]

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":gaebfmov said:
WTF is up with "poo" and "fug"?

I'm assuming a forum-wide macro has been applied to change sh*t and f*ck to poo and fug.

carolinablue

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":38xbl46u said:
I read through some of the posts in the carolina huddle site and all I can say is that I sincerely feel like I just walked through Walmart right into a trailer park.

I like North Carolina. My dad lives there. Most everybody I have met there has been polite and genuine. I don't know where the idiots in that forum are from, but rest assured there's an illegal distillery close by.
The owner of the site chooses to censor out certain "swear" words. Not sure why you would insist on seeing those words in print but I think if you try hard enough you'll figure out what those words are.

Polaris

Reaction score
carolinablue":118l0vk9 said:
Polaris":118l0vk9 said:
CodeWarrior":118l0vk9 said:

Not for nothing but you have people here that don't respect the Panthers. Just the way it is and if you choose to single out the crazy rabid fans and present that as an accurate representation of any fan base then that's more on you than it is on them I think.

It's on a major Panther site and the fans I am referring to do *not* seem to be in the minority. I also see that on various other places where I see Panther fans.

I also disagree with your assessment of Seattle fans at least here. We respect the Panthers just fine. However, if you expect us to be afraid of the Panthers or genuflect over their record, think again...and it's not just Seattle fans. Near as I can tell, there is a general feeling (and the advanced statistical metrics back this up) that while Carolina is an excellent team, they are nowhere near as good as their baseline record would otherwise indicate. [Likewise if Seattle's record reflected what the other advanced stats say about Seattle, Seattle would be either 12-4 or 13-3. I don't say that. Football Outsiders does.]

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Polaris":2t67gpi2 said:
CodeWarrior":2t67gpi2 said:

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult.

Didn't mean to insult you, sorry about that. In all honesty I wasn't even referencing you. My bad.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I really hope that Cam Newton has the b@lls to taunt the Seahawks during pregame warm-ups like he has with other teams. Come pick off a pass while the WR's are practicing or come over and do something like this:

rawImage.jpg

I dare you...

Polaris

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3d6i7k40 said:
Polaris":3d6i7k40 said:
CodeWarrior":3d6i7k40 said:

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult.

Didn't mean to insult you, sorry about that. In all honesty I wasn't even referencing you. My bad.

Apology accepted. I got my Irish up a bit too. I'll go ahead and delete my prior post.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Polaris":2x071tmc said:
carolinablue":2x071tmc said:
Polaris":2x071tmc said:
CodeWarrior":2x071tmc said:

It's on a major Panther site and the fans I am referring to do *not* seem to be in the minority. I also see that on various other places where I see Panther fans.

I also disagree with your assessment of Seattle fans at least here. We respect the Panthers just fine. However, if you expect us to be afraid of the Panthers or genuflect over their record, think again...and it's not just Seattle fans. Near as I can tell, there is a general feeling (and the advanced statistical metrics back this up) that while Carolina is an excellent team, they are nowhere near as good as their baseline record would otherwise indicate. [Likewise if Seattle's record reflected what the other advanced stats say about Seattle, Seattle would be either 12-4 or 13-3. I don't say that. Football Outsiders does.]
I'm a regular on that site and I can tell you we have our rabid fans that think we'll destroy every team we play. Fans like that everywhere, on every site.

Most every level headed fans on both sides know this is going to be a tough, physical, likely close game.

You know at some point this year, and I'm not going to go back and look it up, Arizona actually had the "easiest" of the schedules between all the "top" teams but they didn't get nearly the amount of flak that Carolina has. And I think it's only natural to become defensive when people want to complain about something that the Panthers (and their fans) had absolutely no control over and that is the schedule. We didn't get to pick who we played. We played our schedule and won 15 games. And you know what? I DO think that is impressive. You know why? Because every single year some teams have easier schedules than others and Carolina is the ONLY NFC team to have been able to win 15 games in the regular season. Think about that. Despite the fact that Carolina is one of the youngest franchises in the NFL. As a relatively young franchise you take pride in accomplishments like that. I'm sorry that other fans can't appreciate that but there it is.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2safy5nu said:
MD5eahawks":2safy5nu said:

I'm assuming a forum-wide macro has been applied to change sh*t and f*ck to poo and fug.
Oh.. I knew what they meant. I was more intrigued by the amount of usage.
Thanks for the reply though.

Polaris

Reaction score
No one is asking Carolina to apologize for their schedule. It is what it is. It so happens that a confluence of events aligned three historically weak divisions to play each other, and Carolina took full advantage....and appropriately so. I also think that Carolina got lucky in getting some of their stronger opponents when they were at their weakest (Seattle for one, but Green Bay for another). Again, however, no need to apologize for that because to get a near perfect record, you also need a little luck.

That said, I think too many Carolina fans forget that Carolina was down by two scores well into the fourth qtr and only won in the last minute of the game due to one blown coverage mistake....by a guy that isn't even on our team any more. That was why I posted the DVOA for both teams which I think is an accurate reflection of where both teams are: Carolina is a very good team but so is Seattle. I am looking forward to this Sunday and I *do* think that the Panther's success has brought out the worst in some Carolina fans and I'll leave it at that.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Polaris":13mh0rw2 said:
No one is asking Carolina to apologize for their schedule. It is what it is. It so happens that a confluence of events aligned three historically weak divisions to play each other, and Carolina took full advantage....and appropriately so. I also think that Carolina got lucky in getting some of their stronger opponents when they were at their weakest (Seattle for one, but Green Bay for another). Again, however, no need to apologize for that because to get a near perfect record, you also need a little luck.

That said, I think too many Carolina fans forget that Carolina was down by two scores well into the fourth qtr and only won in the last minute of the game due to one blown coverage mistake....by a guy that isn't even on our team any more. That was why I posted the DVOA for both teams which I think is an accurate reflection of where both teams are: Carolina is a very good team but so is Seattle. I am looking forward to this Sunday and I *do* think that the Panther's success has brought out the worst in some Carolina fans and I'll leave it at that.
I didn't forget we were down 9 points in the fourth quarter. If anything that instills more confidence in my team than any negative feelings. Seattle is a notoriously tough place to play in and the fact that Cam and co. were able to do what they did was pretty impressive DVOA be damned. I think stats have their place and are fun to point at and discuss but I don't believe any metric out there is all encompassing. One thing no stat can really take into account are intangibles. Intangibles that allowed Cam to play as well as he did in the 4th quarter despite all that happened beforehand.

As for that blown coverage that also wasn't our fault. But it would have been our fault if we hadn't taken advantage of it which we did. Stuff like that happens in games all the time. Linebackers miss their gap, safeties in the wrong zone, etc. That's part discipline and just knowing what you're doing. Also that's just excuses as to why you lost. There is always going to be a reason any team loses, just because you can point it out doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also we were behind in the TO department in that game as well which is why were behind in the first place. What happens if you don't get that break this time? That's what makes this game more interesting than it would normally be because both teams have legit chances to win. Personally I believe that if we are even or ahead in the TO department we win. I don't think we can afford to go -2 and expect to win this time though because i do think you're a different team offensively than you were last time.

Polaris

Reaction score
Actually Seattle is a harder team to play on the road this year than at home.

Seriously.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Carolina Huddle is actually a pretty awesome message board. It's so much more lively than most other NFL boards. I love how they have a "Let's Make Fun of the Seahawks and their Fans" topic going right now. There's nothing more boring than reading a 'classy' topic where fans from opposing teams are respectful of each other. I post on some other sports message boards that have a similar user base, and it's a lot of fun.

You hear that Carolina Huddle? You guys are assholes. Keep up the good work.

Polaris

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1pjdmyby said:
Polaris":1pjdmyby said:
Actually Seattle is a harder team to play on the road this year than on the road.

Seriously.

Uh...what?

I fixed it. I meant to say that Seattle had more success on the road than at home this year and I botched it. Post is fixed.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Can't wait for this matchup. Carolina is one of the few teams that can match the physicality of the Hawks.

Like when we played the Harbaugh 49ers, each team wanted to just pound the other into the ground.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Blue-

Yes 15-1 is impressive.

It's just leading to false confidence by some of your fanbase. It doesn't mean AS MUCH as you think it does.

If Carolina and Seattle....or Carolina and AZ for that matter swapped schedules, what do you think the result would be?

DVOA and other metrics show the teams neck and neck, and yet some Carolina fans are using 15-1>11-6 as some sort of accurate evaluative tool when it is nothing of the sort.

Finally, you say that all message board are alike. I see about 90% of that boards fans claiming that Carolina will ROUTE the hawks. After the last 24 hours you have spent here, you think thats the same vibe here? Cmon.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2fa2xr8k said:
Blue-

Yes 15-1 is impressive.

It's just leading to false confidence by some of your fanbase. It doesn't mean AS MUCH as you think it does.

If Carolina and Seattle....or Carolina and AZ for that matter swapped schedules, what do you think the result would be?

DVOA and other metrics show the teams neck and neck, and yet some Carolina fans are using 15-1>11-6 as some sort of accurate evaluative tool when it is nothing of the sort.

Finally, you say that all message board are alike. I see about 90% of that boards fans claiming that Carolina will ROUTE the hawks. After the last 24 hours you have spent here, you think thats the same vibe here? Cmon.
I think you're overstating a little bit. We do have some very vocal fans who might think we will demolish you guys but for the most part people are realistic. You can't do anything about those people and they will be the first ones on after a loss whining and crying. I'd say a more realistic number would be about 10% of the fans might think that. Also you don't know those posters like I do and there are some that just troll for the sake of trolling.

Do I think the Seahawks have had a tougher schedule? Yes. Do I think the Panthers have had an easier schedule than most teams this year...yes. Do I think that means we're not really, really good? No. Like I said before every year a few teams have what are perceived to be "easy" schedules. But the fact that Carolina is the only NFC team to actually win 15 games in one regular season even though other teams have had just as easy of a schedule prior to this year mean's something.

Let me ask you something. Hypothetically speaking, if the Panthers were to beat the Seahawks, Cardinals, and then the Patriots to win the Super Bowl will that alter your view of what the Panthers were able to do in the regular season (i.e. win the most games in the history of the NFC in one regular season)

ctrcat

Reaction score
Polaris":31u6rnke said:
That said, I think too many Carolina fans forget that Carolina was down by two scores well into the fourth qtr and only won in the last minute of the game due to one blown coverage mistake....by a guy that isn't even on our team any more.

Exactly how the Panthers felt in every other recent game. Coulda/woulda/shoulda, trust me we get it.

As for Williams, he's obviously the devil incarnate here but watch again and see he wasn't the only problem that day. Funchess burned Sherman but looked like Bambi finding his legs with 2 catches and 3 drops. Speaking of Funchess, his improvement since that day is honestly like getting a new player. I would argue as the youngest player on both sides (21) he's also the most improved since week 6.