This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: **DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF EDITION**

Largent80

Reaction score
Our defense is SO much better now than in October. Also doing what Seattle just did and beat a team twice in the same year outside of your division is pretty tough to do.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
carolinablue":2tfzykbh said:
Hawkpower":2tfzykbh said:
Blue-

Yes 15-1 is impressive.

It's just leading to false confidence by some of your fanbase. It doesn't mean AS MUCH as you think it does.

If Carolina and Seattle....or Carolina and AZ for that matter swapped schedules, what do you think the result would be?

DVOA and other metrics show the teams neck and neck, and yet some Carolina fans are using 15-1>11-6 as some sort of accurate evaluative tool when it is nothing of the sort.

Finally, you say that all message board are alike. I see about 90% of that boards fans claiming that Carolina will ROUTE the hawks. After the last 24 hours you have spent here, you think thats the same vibe here? Cmon.
I think you're overstating a little bit. We do have some very vocal fans who might think we will demolish you guys but for the most part people are realistic. You can't do anything about those people and they will be the first ones on after a loss whining and crying. I'd say a more realistic number would be about 10% of the fans might think that. Also you don't know those posters like I do and there are some that just troll for the sake of trolling.

Do I think the Seahawks have had a tougher schedule? Yes. Do I think the Panthers have had an easier schedule than most teams this year...yes. Do I think that means we're not really, really good? No. Like I said before every year a few teams have what are perceived to be "easy" schedules. But the fact that Carolina is the only NFC team to actually win 15 games in one regular season even though other teams have had just as easy of a schedule prior to this year mean's something.

Let me ask you something. Hypothetically speaking, if the Panthers were to beat the Seahawks, Cardinals, and then the Patriots to win the Super Bowl will that alter your view of what the Panthers were able to do in the regular season (i.e. win the most games in the history of the NFC in one regular season)

For me it would justify the record and prove how good you guys were, but then again the 18-1 pats lost to the Giants and does anyone really think the G men were the better team that year? My biggest issue is it seems your fanbase does not know how to handle success and most are acting like complete tools...... I too think this will be a epic game, and one that the hawks pull out..... 15-1 or 11-6 means nothing this time of year.. we are both 0-0 basically.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Largent80":7scabsnj said:
Our defense is SO much better now than in October. Also doing what Seattle just did and beat a team twice in the same year outside of your division is pretty tough to do.

Sorry I think that's TBD. Who were the opponent QBs again? The last decent one in Roethlesberger had a record setting day.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ctrcat":f12fva13 said:
Largent80":f12fva13 said:

Sorry I think that's TBD. Who were the opponent QBs again? The last decent one in Roethlesberger had a record setting day.

Carson Palmer.

ctrcat

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":evd353r5 said:
ctrcat":evd353r5 said:
Largent80":evd353r5 said:

Carson Palmer.

Fair enough I didn't see the last Cardinals/Hawks game because it was the same time as the Panthers game, but I did see the first Cardinals game four full weeks after the Panthers game. I also watched bits and pieces of the Rams and Clowns vs Hawks games and saw Kenny Britt and Case Keenum hook up and even the Clowns moving the ball before they thought they were playing hot potato with all the drops.

I try to be fair but I think it's TBD at best.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Ambrose83":20ba9acv said:
For me it would justify the record and prove how good you guys were, but then again the 18-1 pats lost to the Giants and does anyone really think the G men were the better team that year? My biggest issue is it seems your fanbase does not know how to handle success and most are acting like complete tools...... I too think this will be a epic game, and one that the hawks pull out..... 15-1 or 11-6 means nothing this time of year.. we are both 0-0 basically.
Even before we lost to Atlanta I was always of the mindset that unbeaten doesn't mean unbeatable. Every team that is in the playoffs right now is a threat to win the Super Bowl. None of the teams left right now would surprise me if they won it all. In a tourney format like this where it's one and done the best team doesn't always win, and for the record I do believe we are the best team. And I don't always think that when we have gone to the playoffs. Even in what I would say was our best year before this year (2003) I didn't think we were the best team that year but we came very close to winning the Super Bowl.

And for the record there are some fans here (not many but still there) that I think are complete tools as well but I'm trying to push those posters aside because I do have respect for the Seahawks as an organization and it would be a shame for me to paint your team with those strokes because of a few bad apples.

RussB

Reaction score
Carolina can dab and dance all they want. When they run into us they will quickly see that this isnt the falcons and saints they are playing and there is no cary williams to take advantage of. The panthers have been on a run , no doubt about that, but we have also faced tougher teams than they have all year and i just think we are better team overall.

Sac

Reaction score
10afb1207a7e1a4081955cd4b368c259.jpg

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":30mmehmw said:
Polaris":30mmehmw said:
That said, I think too many Carolina fans forget that Carolina was down by two scores well into the fourth qtr and only won in the last minute of the game due to one blown coverage mistake....by a guy that isn't even on our team any more.

Exactly how the Panthers felt in every other recent game. Coulda/woulda/shoulda, trust me we get it.

As for Williams, he's obviously the devil incarnate here but watch again and see he wasn't the only problem that day. Funchess burned Sherman but looked like Bambi finding his legs with 2 catches and 3 drops. Speaking of Funchess, his improvement since that day is honestly like getting a new player. I would argue as the youngest player on both sides (21) he's also the most improved since week 6.

It shows you don't understand the team or watch too many Seahawk games (and forget the match you DID play against us). Don't take my word for it; look at Seattle's secondary and defensive stats in general before Williams was benched and afterwards and it is NIGHT and DAY. The fact is that most of the secondary problems resulted from other members of the LoB having to cover for William's mistakes. Yes that's really harsh, but it's true.

RussB

Reaction score
Polaris":180i1a3p said:
ctrcat":180i1a3p said:
Polaris":180i1a3p said:
That said, I think too many Carolina fans forget that Carolina was down by two scores well into the fourth qtr and only won in the last minute of the game due to one blown coverage mistake....by a guy that isn't even on our team any more.

Exactly how the Panthers felt in every other recent game. Coulda/woulda/shoulda, trust me we get it.

As for Williams, he's obviously the devil incarnate here but watch again and see he wasn't the only problem that day. Funchess burned Sherman but looked like Bambi finding his legs with 2 catches and 3 drops. Speaking of Funchess, his improvement since that day is honestly like getting a new player. I would argue as the youngest player on both sides (21) he's also the most improved since week 6.

It shows you don't understand the team or watch too many Seahawk games (and forget the match you DID play against us). Don't take my word for it; look at Seattle's secondary and defensive stats in general before Williams was benched and afterwards and it is NIGHT and DAY. The fact is that most of the secondary problems resulted from other members of the LoB having to cover for William's mistakes. Yes that's really harsh, but it's true.
Cary was such a liability , so glad they cut him .

Laloosh

Reaction score
ctrcat":24gfgsyp said:
Largent80":24gfgsyp said:

What was his TD : INT ratio on that record setting day again? Ah, yes... it was 1 TD and 2 INTs. Amazing!

Everybody always talking about yards. Posted a passer rating of 82 with 1 TD and it was all over ESPN. Meanwhile, Wilson posts a 147 with 5 TDs, 0 INTs and it's Rapistburger's big game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":1fz6x7a7 said:
Largent80":1fz6x7a7 said:

To be determined?

We finished #1 in the NFL in defense for the fourth straight year.

You can "wait and see" if you want, but its pretty cut and dry.

rideaducati

Reaction score
carolinablue":19o4aixn said:
Polaris":19o4aixn said:
CodeWarrior":19o4aixn said:
If you go to another team's board and are surprised when they're biased, you're probably a moron.

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult. I fully expect that 100 out of 100 people posting on the Carolina board are expecting them to win. That's no news. However, try reading that thread. It goes WAAAY beyond that to outright disrespect.
Not for nothing but you have people here that don't respect the Panthers. Just the way it is and if you choose to single out the crazy rabid fans and present that as an accurate representation of any fan base then that's more on you than it is on them I think.

What have the Prancers done to EARN respect? Beat the NFC South and the AFC South? That's like adults expecting respect for beating kindergarteners in a game of kickball...Lame.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":ygfhlutz said:
ctrcat":ygfhlutz said:
Largent80":ygfhlutz said:

What was his TD : INT ratio on that record setting day again? Ah, yes... it was 1 TD and 2 INTs. Amazing!

Everybody always talking about yards. Posted a passer rating of 82 with 1 TD and it was all over ESPN. Meanwhile, Wilson posts a 147 with 5 TDs, 0 INTs and it's Rapistburger's big game.

Remember, it's Carolina...they celebrate first downs like we celebrate touchdowns.

Polaris

Reaction score
rideaducati":8yjfvkww said:
carolinablue":8yjfvkww said:
Polaris":8yjfvkww said:
CodeWarrior":8yjfvkww said:
If you go to another team's board and are surprised when they're biased, you're probably a moron.

Point, missing it and I don't appreciate the veiled insult. I fully expect that 100 out of 100 people posting on the Carolina board are expecting them to win. That's no news. However, try reading that thread. It goes WAAAY beyond that to outright disrespect.
Not for nothing but you have people here that don't respect the Panthers. Just the way it is and if you choose to single out the crazy rabid fans and present that as an accurate representation of any fan base then that's more on you than it is on them I think.

What have the Prancers done to EARN respect? Beat the NFC South and the AFC South? That's like an adults expecting respect for beating kindergarteners in a game of kickball...Lame.

Indeed and the way that both Houston (AFCS Champ) and Washington (NFCE Champ) lost didn't help Carolina's cause any since both got smoked.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1vk7y85v said:
ctrcat":1vk7y85v said:
Largent80":1vk7y85v said:

To be determined?

The DVOA crown and the #1 D didn't stop Teddy Bridgewater from making the plays he needed when he needed to. Miracles are always possible but you can't count on them.

blazen2392

Reaction score
thebanjodude":16do2bci said:
Cary Kollins":16do2bci said:
meh, cling to your "Carolina played a weak schedule" all you want. Fact is the team is loaded with 10 probowlers and 6 first team AllPros

And as far as the weak schedule argument goes, take a look at some of the QBs Seattle faced this year. It's a "who's who" of bad to terrible quarterbacks:

Teddy Bridgewater 2x
Jimmy Clausen 2x
Case Keenum
Johnny Manziel
Blaine Gabbert
Matt Cassel
Colin Sackorpick

They also played:

Carson Palmer 2x
Aaron Rodgers
Cam Newton
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Stafford
Andy Dalton

Every team plays half of their games against trash quarterbacks, there are only about 10 good ones. Seattle played one of the best lineup of opposing QBs this year. What QBs did Carolina play? Drew Brees is ok, he's never played well against us though. Matt Ryan? Andrew Luck (who was horrible this year)? Eli Manning??? Other than Brees, Russell is probably the best QB you guys played. You're just talkin nonsense, it's ok to admit that Carolina played a garbage schedule.

They raped the packers.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ctrcat":3e9jjxiv said:
Hawkpower":3e9jjxiv said:
ctrcat":3e9jjxiv said:
Largent80":3e9jjxiv said:

To be determined?

The DVOA crown and the #1 D didn't stop Teddy Bridgewater from making the plays he needed when he needed to. Miracles are always possible but you can't count on them.

Obviously, because the Panthers are playing Bridgewater this week...oh, wait...what?

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":byehm2is said:
Hawkpower":byehm2is said:
ctrcat":byehm2is said:
Largent80":byehm2is said:

To be determined?

I'd love to see how Newton and his boys do in -6F weather (with -24 windchill) and see if they do any better against that defense. I would bet very strongly that they wouldn't. Weather that cold equalizes EVERYTHING which is why it was such an advantage for Minny (who otherwise would be a heavy underdog). I can point to two plays easy that would have been easy TDs in normal weather but the ball affected the ball motion so much that a deep throwing game was almost impossible.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Polaris":222uj7xa said:
Indeed and the way that both Houston (AFCS Champ) and Washington (NFCE Champ) lost didn't help Carolina's cause any since both got smoked.
Yeah but your team lost to the team that beat the team, that beat the team, that beat Houston, so there is that.