This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: **DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF EDITION**

Polaris

Reaction score
carolinablue":pzp4o84d said:
Polaris":pzp4o84d said:
Indeed and the way that both Houston (AFCS Champ) and Washington (NFCE Champ) lost didn't help Carolina's cause any since both got smoked.
Yeah but your team lost to the team that beat the team that beat Houston, so there is that.

:roll:

Really?! Really?!??

My point was that the NFC East and AFC South were absolutely putrid divisions that got exposed in the playoffs...and the only reason their records were as good as they were is that they played each other.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":4p6k9ujj said:
Hawkpower":4p6k9ujj said:
ctrcat":4p6k9ujj said:
Largent80":4p6k9ujj said:
Our defense is SO much better now than in October. Also doing what Seattle just did and beat a team twice in the same year outside of your division is pretty tough to do.

Sorry I think that's TBD. Who were the opponent QBs again? The last decent one in Roethlesberger had a record setting day.

To be determined?

We finished #1 in the NFL in defense for the fourth straight year.

You can "wait and see" if you want, but its pretty cut and dry.

The DVOA crown and the #1 D didn't stop Teddy Bridgewater from making the plays he needed when he needed to. Miracles are always possible but you can't count on them.

What are you talking about?

What plays? He barely had 100 yards passing. The Vikings offense didnt do jack.

Are you the same ctrcat that has been here being a good poster all year? Awful strange turnaround from you all of a sudden....

Laloosh

Reaction score
ctrcat":19ofyr8i said:
The DVOA crown and the #1 D didn't stop Teddy Bridgewater from making the plays he needed when he needed to. Miracles are always possible but you can't count on them.

Every play in and of itself is unique and there will always be screw ups. Seattle just tends to have fewer of them.

For example. Cam Newton had a passer rating of 15.5 through the first three quarters against Seattle in week 6, going 8/21 with 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Got the win though, congrats. We'll see how it plays out this week but 8/21 Cam certainly won't get it done. You'd better hope 4th quarter Cam shows up.

More accurately, you'd better hope 4th quarter Seattle defense from week six shows up.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":xia3z1zf said:
ctrcat":xia3z1zf said:

Every play in and of itself is unique and there will always be screw ups. Seattle just tends to have fewer of them.

For example. Cam Newton had a passer rating of 15.5 through the first three quarters against Seattle in week 6, going 8/21 with 2 INTs and 0 TDs.

Got the win though, congrats. We'll see how it plays out this week but 8/21 Cam certainly won't get it done. You'd better hope 4th quarter Cam shows up.

More accurately, you'd better hope 4th quarter Seattle defense from week six shows up.

4th quarter Cam won't exist with Cary Williams gone and Bobby Wagner playing.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":kly1t8uu said:
ctrcat":kly1t8uu said:
Hawkpower":kly1t8uu said:
Our defense is SO much better now than in October. Also doing what Seattle just did and beat a team twice in the same year outside of your division is pretty tough to do.

Sorry I think that's TBD. Who were the opponent QBs again? The last decent one in Roethlesberger had a record setting day.

To be determined?

We finished #1 in the NFL in defense for the fourth straight year.

You can "wait and see" if you want, but its pretty cut and dry.

The DVOA crown and the #1 D didn't stop Teddy Bridgewater from making the plays he needed when he needed to. Miracles are always possible but you can't count on them.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

What plays? He barely had 100 yards passing. The Vikings offense didnt do jack.

Are you the same ctrcat that has been here being a good poster all year? Awful strange turnaround from you all of a sudden....[/quote]

I am certainly a Panther fan and I appreciate the good poster label I really do. I try to be objective but the Hawks D is not the same this year. Doesn't mean they can't win again but Hawk fans have made the same posts for months. DVOA doesn't change the opinion of those that have watched for years now and can compare what a truly elite D looks like. Look at the QBs played yet again-even Stafford and Bridgewater put their teams in position to win, and, quite frankly, literally, needed Hawk miracles not to.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HAHA not the same.....ok:)

Seattle gave up what, 16 per game last year? 17 this year? BAM, you have a point. Who cares what DVOA and defensive stats show, our NFC rivals swear up and down that its not as good lol.

We keep hearing you guys say it.....and then those rival fans are sure quiet on Monday

(see AZ-FAN after Carson Palmer got rocked last week as an warning example).

Guess you will have to learn the hard way like everyone else.

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":2ty4gib2 said:
I am certainly a Panther fan and I appreciate the good poster label I really do. I try to be objective but the Hawks D is not the same this year. Doesn't mean they can't win again but Hawk fans have made the same posts for months. DVOA doesn't change the opinion of those that have watched for years now and can compare what a truly elite D looks like. Look at the QBs played yet again-even Stafford and Bridgewater put their teams in position to win, and, quite frankly, literally, needed Hawk miracles not to.

Do you even watch Seahawk games? For the first half of the season, no the defense hasn't been the same, but since Williams got benched it really has been or at least close. The only team that really lit us up was Pittsburgh and we WON that game and when healthy Big Ben throws the deep ball better than anyone (and Pittsburgh with a healthy Big Ben has been lighting *everyone* up). Other than Pittsburgh, Seattle has given up ONE, count that ONE offensive touchdown and that was against Palmer in week 17....and we won that game too (very handily in fact).

Did you WATCH the Minny game? Peterson is the best running back in the NFL bar none and Seattle completely stuffed him, and Teddy was largely ineffective. If you look at the drives that resulted in all of Minny's points, ALL of them were due to Seattle mistakes (particular the special teams mistake early in the game) that gave Minny exceptionally short fields. Even THEN Minny could do nothing with it, and Walsh is an exceptional kicker.

Don't tell me how Seattle's defense isn't all that. That might have been true in October. It isn't October.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":x07m4igp said:
ctrcat":x07m4igp said:

This, a thousand times this. There's so much confidence rooted in miscommunication that hasn't been repeated since.

Carolina thinks they're getting a team that lost to them three months ago when they'll actually get a team that held the league's rushing champion to 45 yards a week ago.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Polaris":q6uen7xn said:
ctrcat":q6uen7xn said:

Do you even watch Seahawk games? For the first half of the season, no the defense hasn't been the same, but since Williams got benched it really has been or at least close. The only team that really lit us up was Pittsburgh and we WON that game and when healthy Big Ben throws the deep ball better than anyone (and Pittsburgh with a healthy Big Ben has been lighting *everyone* up). Other than Pittsburgh, Seattle has given up ONE, count that ONE offensive touchdown and that was against Palmer in week 17....and we won that game too (very handily in fact).

Did you WATCH the Minny game? Peterson is the best running back in the NFL bar none and Seattle completely stuffed him, and Teddy was largely ineffective. If you look at the drives that resulted in all of Minny's points, ALL of them were due to Seattle mistakes (particular the special teams mistake early in the game) that gave Minny exceptionally short fields. Even THEN Minny could do nothing with it, and Walsh is an exceptional kicker.

Don't tell me how Seattle's defense isn't all that. That might have been true in October. It isn't October.

That is all panther fans have to work with...outdated mantras. They'll know the truth this time next week.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Polaris":gv050gxo said:
ctrcat":gv050gxo said:

Again, I may not have watched every play, but I watched Case Keenum/Kenny Britt and, while he had limited possessions, Johnny Manziel, make plays on that new and improved D. In December.

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":zuvtq608 said:
Polaris":zuvtq608 said:
ctrcat":zuvtq608 said:

Again, I may not have watched every play, but I watched Case Keenum/Kenny Britt and, while he had limited possessions, Johnny Manziel, make plays on that new and improved D. In December.

You apparently haven't watched those games very well. Cleveland had one good drive. ONE. Then they could do nothing the rest of the game. The Rams on offense were largely ineffective (the deciding TD was a DEFENSIVE touchdown). Seattle played a putrid game against the Rams, yes, but not on defense.

Edit PS: Do I get to mention how wonderfully your vaunted team and defense played against the woeful NY Giants and that second game in Atlanta (which you lost)? Frankly that's a lot more characteristic of your team than your cherry picked examples w/r/t Seattle. Then again, you'll find out for yourself in less than a week.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":esyz6lin said:

Because of our frozen offense, not our defense. Seattle still won that game because the offense came to life and scored more points in about 12 minutes than the Vikings scored in 60. That wasn't an accident. You don't stumble into a #1 rank in scoring D.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":319ighpi said:
Polaris":319ighpi said:
ctrcat":319ighpi said:

Did you watch Austin Davis of the Rams work us last year?

How about Glennon (lol) in 2013?

Those defenses were elite, yes? And yet they gave up plays.

You are trying way too hard. And we know why

Laloosh

Reaction score
ctrcat":2w02tikl said:

Nick Foles and Jimmy Clausen had more explosive plays against Seattle than Carson Palmer and Ben Roethlisberger (record setting game and all). So what?

Rookie QB from Tampa put up 11 passes of 20+ against Carolina. Guess you guys should be thanking your lucky stars that they're not in the playoffs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seattle is winning this game by three touchdowns. The panther fans are GRASPING at any miniscule outdated mantra they can find in order to TRY to convince themselves that their team can win. Even the coaches and players are desperately trying to convince themselves. It won't work because the Seahawks are the better team and it isn't even close...and they all know it. They have ALL seen the Seahawks in the playoffs before and they know they can't match THAT intensity.

Polaris

Reaction score
rideaducati":397olsuf said:
Seattle is winning this game by three touchdowns. The panther fans are GRASPING at any miniscule outdated mantra they can find in order to TRY to convince themselves that their team can win. Even the coaches and players are desperately trying to convince themselves. It won't work because the Seahawks are the better team and it isn't even close...and they all know it.

Actually this is reminding me (it's almost eerie) of the San Fran vs Carolina match-up two years ago when Carolina went 12-4 and got the #2 seed and San Fran had to go to the Frozen Tundra and muscle out a close win against Green Bay in Green Bay in extremely cold weather (not quite as cold as it was in Minny this last Sunday), and then (like now) the Panther fans were full of themselves.

Jim Harbaugh's boys took the swagger out of Carolina quickly. [It's also worth noting that Carolina beat San Fran earlier that year in a close game decided in the fourth qtr.]

ctrcat

Reaction score
Polaris":skvz4br9 said:
rideaducati":skvz4br9 said:
Seattle is winning this game by three touchdowns. The panther fans are GRASPING at any miniscule outdated mantra they can find in order to TRY to convince themselves that their team can win. Even the coaches and players are desperately trying to convince themselves. It won't work because the Seahawks are the better team and it isn't even close...and they all know it.

Actually this is reminding me (it's almost eerie) of the San Fran vs Carolina match-up two years ago when Carolina went 12-4 and got the #2 seed and San Fran had to go to the Frozen Tundra and muscle out a close win against Green Bay in Green Bay in extremely cold weather (not quite as cold as it was in Minny this last Sunday), and then (like now) the Panther fans were full of themselves.

Jim Harbaugh's boys took the swagger out of Carolina quickly. [It's also worth noting that Carolina beat San Fran earlier that year in a close game decided in the fourth qtr.]

San Fran's OL was able to stymie a great Panther DL. Seattle's OL isn't close to that OL. On offense, Turner and Norwell beside Kalil are significant upgrades to that OL-which got stuffed at the goal line twice in the first half.

And it was the Panthers that jumped out quickly. A 49ers score before the half and some questionable at best calls parlayed into a disappointing finish, but it's irrelevant this Sunday.

Polaris

Reaction score
ctrcat":38sxtk7y said:
Polaris":38sxtk7y said:
rideaducati":38sxtk7y said:

San Fran's OL was able to stymie a great Panther DL. Seattle's OL isn't close to that OL. On offense, Turner and Norwell beside Kalil are significant upgrades to that OL-which got stuffed at the goal line twice in the first half.

And it was the Panthers that jumped out quickly. A 49ers score before the half and some questionable at best calls parlayed into a disappointing finish, but it's irrelevant this Sunday.

Keep telling yourself that. We can discuss it this coming Sunday night.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Polaris":auxp973u said:
ctrcat":auxp973u said:
Polaris":auxp973u said:
rideaducati":auxp973u said:

Keep telling yourself that. We can discuss it this coming Sunday night.

It's only Monday and they already are grasping at straws.

By Friday, they may be in full blown panic mode.

Carolina fans probably wish they had gotten the two seed now. #1 seed and you draw the best team in the NFL in your first game.

lol.

Latest posts