This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

BlueTalon

Reaction score
PackerNation":1urpsybc said:
The Packers offense is among the best in the NFL and our defense is a step up from the past few years.
PackerNation":1urpsybc said:
Our offense will be the best in the NFL this year!
PackerBacker19":1urpsybc said:
We have one of the best O-lines in the NFL.

Thing is, we've heard all that stuff before. It didn't end well for the team being referred to.

taco40

Reaction score
LaSeeno":1lda0ybt said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.
no team should be taken lightly in the NFL. i doubt that DangeRuss, nor the LOB, let alone the coaching staff will allow that to happen. It's possible to win ugly on Thursday night, but a w is a w. I highly doubt, however, that it will be an ugly win. At home at night with a national audience, the recent history has been quite in favor of the reigning champs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
taco40":216arj7j said:
LaSeeno":216arj7j said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.
no team should be taken lightly in the NFL. i doubt that DangeRuss, nor the LOB, let alone the coaching staff will allow that to happen. It's possible to win ugly on Thursday night, but a w is a w. I highly doubt, however, that it will be an ugly win. At home at night with a national audience, the recent history has been quite in favor of the reigning champs.
Not counting the Seahawk's singular history in such situations.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
PackerNation":3p9nsw7g said:
Zebulon Dak":3p9nsw7g said:
If the Packers score 28 points I'll crap in my own shoes.

Our offense will be the best in the NFL this year! Only our defense will keep us from going to the big dance and winning it all. Unless we see vats improvements!

Good luck Seahawk fans! The two best teams in the NFL square off in week 1!

So will it be better than the best offense in NFL history?

Because we know how that turned out last February dont we?

I guess if the best offense in NFL history can get 8 points in a neutral stadium, your BEST OFFENSE IN 2012 BABY may be able to squeak out a few points in our stadium. 3 maybe?

LOL at these fans who think the NFL started this past august.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not much to add that hasn't been said already, just wanted to confirm that Don Capers does in fact suck as a defensive coordinator, and may perhaps be the most overrated coordinator there is. Darrell Bevell will eat his lunch after Tom Cable slaps him around for a while... it won't be pretty.

Threedee

Reaction score
I was absolutely floored when GB lost to SF under perfect Lambeau conditions back in January. That game makes me pretty confident.

Lorsban

Reaction score
Viewed a couple of threads over on packer sites
It's funny the way that they think they're gonna come in here and dominate
I think it's gonna be a good game myself.

themunn

Reaction score
. When Rodgers left in the second quarter against Oakland the Packers were on pace for 97 plays ran by the O. I honestly believe that if we played the niners right now we would win. They are having so many problems at the moment. This could be the year they begin to decline(just my opinion).

The raiders mate the raiders.
If we extrapolate Wilsons one series against the Raiders to around 12 (average) he was on pace for 36/36 for 938 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Didn't the Broncos have a pretty good offense last year?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seriously though Packer fans. Try some freakin logic.

1. Rookie center @ the C-Link vs the 12th Man? That's going to be a debilitating weakness.

2. Packers Elite Offense vs C-Link, 12th Man (and I don't know) an Elite Defense (that shutdown the best offense in history).

3. Seahawks Top 10 Offense (ranked 8th DVOA) potentially Top 5 with Harvin, Top 3 with Average O-Line play VS one of the WORST defenses in the NFL last year. Seriously, other than sacks none of your other defensive metrics were better than 20th best, with most being 24th-28th best. .

I know last year was last year, and this year is this year but unless there is an overhaul of personnel or big change in coaching philosophy... the apple doesn't tend to drop far from the tree.

So yeah while the Packers O could be best in the NFL it means jack squat against the best D in the NFL especially on the Seahawks HOME FIELD in which they've allowed only two teams to score more than 20 points in the last two years. And ZER0 teams to score more than 24. The high-flying Patriots dropped 23 (in an eventual loss)and the team with 24 was the Bucs who were more lucky than skilled (in an eventual loss).

But a potentially ELITE offense like the Seahawks can easily thrash an AVERAGE AT BEST defense like the Packers. Its just that simple.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Wow. Lets take a step back.

I think some of us here are a little overconfident... These aren't the Browns, the Pack are a legit contender this year. If their defense has improved a notch or 2 this game will be wayyyy more of a test than you homers think. Aaron Rodgers is a beast, and if its a close game late in the 4th quarter I think we will all be holding our breath (cept yall that somehow have tickets to the game, you better still be yelling haha).

Now... I get that we have the deck stacked in our favor Thursday, mainly considering its a home game. But, my gosh, stop acting like our defense is in mid season or post season form, because its not. Last time Rodgers and Co. played here it came down to the final play. Sure there were obvious some BS calls that went against us but still. Yes, Russell was a rookie etc. Clemons and Irvin were beasts in the first half of the game, which kept it close... for us. The Pack made adjustments at the half and our pressures were stonewalled. (Also Clem is gone now, and Irvin is now at SAM and injured, so we can only make assumptions about how much pressure our other guys can get.)

Besides Rodgers, I also have mad respect for Mike McCarthy's coaching ability, considering he won a Superbowl with ~20 players on injured reserve in 2010 and then went 15-1 during the regular season in 2011.

By no means should we forget what our team accomplished last season. And we all hope we blow them out etc etc. But lets be real guys, its ok to expect to win, but non-Seahawk fans will see this thread and totally think we are clinically delusional, and ofc report back to their home forums about these type of insulting posts and think ALL of us are expecting a huge blowout win. :?

Prediction: SEA 34, GB 27

Packers Visitor

Reaction score
Hey Hawks Fans,

First off, an invitation if you want to check out the best Packers site on the planet:

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=1

Next, on to the game at hand.

I see the match-up as Elite Offense vs Elite Defense on one side and Young Up-and-Coming Offense vs Young Up-and-Coming Defense on the other side. From Seattle's POV, I think they want Russell Wilson to freelance and improvise as much as possible and get him on the edges (the Kaepernick model). I'd call him probably the most important player on Thursday Night. The Packers will score points... so will the Seahawks, but how Wilson plays may go a long ways towards determining the outcome. Really excited to see the Packers OL vs Seattle's Front-7 (8). Even with a back-up at Center, the line has played extremely well in the preseason, basically running it right down teams throats. I would expect Seattle will test GB's front early and often as well, but again, if preseason is any indication, GB's run defense is much improved and uses more of a 1-gap attack style defense than they have in the past. Lastly, its the Packers, so you know they are going to try to throw. It will be interesting to see if they get their young TE's involved because we know the edges will be tough. Randall Cobb vs Percy Harvin, in terms of production, will be another interesting factor in this game.

The Packers were in the 2011 opener. Its a very unique game to be a part of. From a fans POV, its one of the most nerve wrenching games I can remember. You don't want your team to choke. Anyway, enjoy it!!

My prediction:

Packers - 20
Seahawks - 17

:49ersmall:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Perception vs reality.
The up and coming young offense that Packers think we have was 7th in DVOA last year. 2 spots ahead of the Packers. Yes, we all know the QB was hurt, but that high of a ranking for Seattle as an efficient offense should give pause to those that think the Hawks offense has yet to arrive, especially when you consider that Seattle got that ranking with a decimated offensive line in 2013. The Hawks offense is not up and coming, it has been a force for some time now.

Is Capers over rated? DVOA thinks so. The pack had the 31st ranked defense in 2013. Up and coming better describe them, because the only spot left below them is Dallas, and that is no man's territory.

Truth is, Capers likes to blitz, and like great QBs do, Wilson picks apart the blitz. The GB D has gotten a bit faster this year, but by no means do I think that they have closed the gap in team speed that Seattle has. Wilson should have Green Bay fans mumbling incoherently Friday words like "Capers...grumble grumble...scrambling quarterbacks...grumble grumble..."

So, what have I forgotten. Oh yeah, special teams. Seattle ranked 5th in VOA, Green Bay 18th. Seattle lost Tate, but Harvin is hanging out back there on kickoffs, and that has to have Green Bay sweating kickoffs. Seattle damn near set a record for fewest punt return yards EVER given up in a season.

It's a whole new year, I know. But our offense ranked ahead of GB without Harvin. Green Bay's D has nowhere to go but up, true, but also lost Raji to protect a pretty pedestrian middle backing group, so optimism that they will be some sort of stifling D hardly seems based in reality. And Seattle seems to be much more dangerous in special teams, winning the battle of the hidden yards.

hawker84

Reaction score
So Apparently, Lynch is a wanna be pretender and Lacy is the real deal... Huh Good to know... i would guess the Packer players are not thinking the same as the fans. but i found this comment entertaining to say the least and pretty much somes up the packer fan knowledge of the Seahawks. None.

Compare the starting RB's for each team.

On one side you have an entitled, arrogant, Ferrari-driving prima-donna whose reputation as a physical runner, in my opinion, is drastically overstated. The vast majority of his highlights from last season feature him taking advantage of a TON of missed tackles. Very few showed him actually running guys over.

On the other side, you have a young, up-and-coming guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder not only for himself, but for his family, who was forced to move into a trailer after Hurricane Katrina, not to mention the fact that his career thus far has been overshadowed by that of the aforementioned prima-donna. Oh yea and unlike prima-donna, this guy likes to knock down anyone who gets in his way.

I'm just spit-balling.

I hope Lacy runs for 100+ yds on Thursday.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
hawker84":1rrf832p said:
So Apparently, Lynch is a wanna be pretender and Lacy is the real deal... Huh Good to know... i would guess the Packer players are not thinking the same as the fans. but i found this comment entertaining to say the least and pretty much somes up the packer fan knowledge of the Seahawks. None.

Compare the starting RB's for each team.

On one side you have an entitled, arrogant, Ferrari-driving prima-donna whose reputation as a physical runner, in my opinion, is drastically overstated. The vast majority of his highlights from last season feature him taking advantage of a TON of missed tackles. Very few showed him actually running guys over.

On the other side, you have a young, up-and-coming guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder not only for himself, but for his family, who was forced to move into a trailer after Hurricane Katrina, not to mention the fact that his career thus far has been overshadowed by that of the aforementioned prima-donna. Oh yea and unlike prima-donna, this guy likes to knock down anyone who gets in his way.

I'm just spit-balling.

I hope Lacy runs for 100+ yds on Thursday.

You can't take what one or a few fans say and hold it up as a majority opinion. I doubt most Packers fans really feel that way about Lynch. It's like the guy a few posts back that said Rodgers was a statue in the pocket.....he is a very mobile quarterback anyone that watches football knows that. However, I will not hold his opinion as the opinion of Seahawks fans, because I think most of them do realize the truth about that. In that way I hope you realize that a lot of Packers fans(myself included) realize that Lynch is a great back, and have respect for his ability.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Packers Visitor":9twd2yye said:
Hey Hawks Fans,

First off, an invitation if you want to check out the best Packers site on the planet:

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=1

Next, on to the game at hand.

I see the match-up as Elite Offense vs Elite Defense on one side and Young Up-and-Coming Offense vs Young Up-and-Coming Defense on the other side. From Seattle's POV, I think they want Russell Wilson to freelance and improvise as much as possible and get him on the edges (the Kaepernick model). I'd call him probably the most important player on Thursday Night. The Packers will score points... so will the Seahawks, but how Wilson plays may go a long ways towards determining the outcome. Really excited to see the Packers OL vs Seattle's Front-7 (8). Even with a back-up at Center, the line has played extremely well in the preseason, basically running it right down teams throats. I would expect Seattle will test GB's front early and often as well, but again, if preseason is any indication, GB's run defense is much improved and uses more of a 1-gap attack style defense than they have in the past. Lastly, its the Packers, so you know they are going to try to throw. It will be interesting to see if they get their young TE's involved because we know the edges will be tough. Randall Cobb vs Percy Harvin, in terms of production, will be another interesting factor in this game.

The Packers were in the 2011 opener. Its a very unique game to be a part of. From a fans POV, its one of the most nerve wrenching games I can remember. You don't want your team to choke. Anyway, enjoy it!!

My prediction:

Packers - 20
Seahawks - 17

:49ersmall:

:34853_doh:

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll agree that Rogers is more mobile than folks will give him credit for, he's shifty and buys just enough time in the pocket like say Big Ben.

However i didn't come to my conclusion based on one post, i read all opposing teams boards including GB's, well before the links were posted here, i've been reading crap like this for months, along with our interior D line is soft, and RW is probably the games best Game Manager, all you have to do is keep him in the pocket... blah blah blah. It's obvious Pack fans don't tune into a lot of Seahawk games...

the ditch

Reaction score
Green Bay is a really good team I'm not going to knock on them I just think that we are a better team, and definitely a better team playing at home instead of on the road. I don't even want to make any comparisons I just think it will be a fun game with two good teams and we will come out on top.

kpak76

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2qyx1wyu said:
MLT":2qyx1wyu said:
Let's compare then packer backer. You have a supposed top 5 running back? Well he needs to follow up a rookie season 1st to even crack top 5! Anyway hawks have the 2nd best back and most consistent in the league the last 3 years! You have a top 5 qb, we have a top 10! Aggghh defense Hmmmm I would say your top 20 and 15 @ best! Hawks are top defense until someone proves otherwise! And finally the one thing you forgot to mention which will be a big factor this game is special teams! Oh and any mention of a hurry up offense is good to hear! 12th man can take care of that! Lol! Let's see how your rookie center does!

Ya, let's compare. I never said you guys didn't have a better team or better defense. I only said your offense wasn't as good as ours. Rodgers is not a top 5 quarterback he is the best quarterback in the NFL. Highest quarterback rating in NFL history, and best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history. Eddie Lacy is considered heading into this year as a very good back. At least top ten(which is what I said), and he won rookie of the year last year. Note: I did not ever say he was better than Lynch. However, in my opinion he is getting close. We also have a very deep backfield. Let's continue to compare. Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Jarret Boykin. Any NFL expert would take them over your guys receivers (who are good I'm not denying that). Our O-line as I already mentioned is very good. I don't see what you're upset about. I said you guys had a better D. I even said my head prediction was that you would win the game. So, what's your problem? Just stating my opinion on our offense. Since you brought up defense I will say this....Our defense will be better this year. We have good safeties this year, and so far 3-4 good healthy cornerbacks. Our D line an outside linebackers have also been improved. Our only defensive weakness is our middle linebackers.

Your not going to get much agreement on this site, you should know this. People around here will think that the Hawks have a better offense if not on par with your offense.

Rodgers is not the best QB in the NFL, he is certainly a top 5 but not the best if you go by last years numbers he certain wasn't the best. Also people around here are going to think the RW is very close to being as good as ARod who is certainly elite. This is not a slight on Rodgers as you Packers folk will take it as, but just how good RW is. I would much rather take our WR corp led by Percy Havin who opens up the offense to a whole new level. There is a reason why Adrian Peterson was pissed when Harvin was traded to us calling him the best football player he has ever played with. No WR on your roster commands as much attention as Harvin does. The better running game lies with the Hawks also and not with your Packers. The line looks ok in pass pro but we excel in the running game there which is a big reason why we are the better running team, not to mention we are still featuring Beast Mode.

kpak76

Reaction score
strat1080":g9bzeu8y said:
The_Z_Man":g9bzeu8y said:
I thought Packers fans would at least know football...

"Noise won't be an issue, Rodgers practice silent snap counts with loud music!"

Yea, so did Drew Brees and the Saints, twice in 6 weeks... they even painted their field to look like the Seahawks field.

Guess what was still a factor?

Dummies...

I don't understand why you feel that statement is indicative of somebody that doesn't know football. For crying outl oud, Aaron Rodgers has been playing games at the Metrodome every year for 6 years. There isn't a lick of difference between Century Link and the Metrodome. The Metrodome pounds out 125-130+ db sound levels on a regular basis. It drives me nuts how there is this myth that Century Link is by far the loudest stadium in the NFL. Arrowhead is every bit as loud. The Metrodome is up there as well. The record that Century Link holds is only half a decibel louder than the loudest ever recorded at Arrowhead. I've been to games at Century Link, Arrowhead and the Metrodome. There isn't a lick of difference. Louder than your average NFL venue but its not like Century Link is on a totally different venue.

I've seen Aaron Rodgers actually draw DL offsides in incredibly loud environments. He deals with loud venues extremely well. He has the highest QB Rating in NFL history by any player at a single venue at the Metrodome.

As a Packers fan, I think Seattle is the better team and will ultimately come out on top but this should be a good game. To act like Aaron Rodgers is just going to cower because of the noise is misguided. Rodgers presents a different challenge than pocket QBs like Brees and Manning. He can do incredible things that you just can't account for sometimes. He is a very good pocket passer but is probably more dangerous by what he does off-schedule on the scramble drill. I think its going to be a tight low scoring game. I think many folks are sleeping on how balanced this Packers team is now. Back in 2012 we didn't have a running game and teams could just pin Rodgers' ears back. He still played at a high level but Eddie Lacy simply adds another dimension to this team. He's a big guy with a high motor and explodes off that first step. He doesn't have amazing top end speed but he accelerates through the line of scrimmage quickly and rarely does one guy bring him down.

Keep thinking it wont give your team any problems. Last time you where up here that line of yours gave up 8 sacks and certainly some of those was because of the noise. Sure A Rod might be ok with it, but there is more to your team than A Rod.

kpak76

Reaction score
strat1080":fgu0bo7n said:
Scottemojo":fgu0bo7n said:
PackerNation":fgu0bo7n said:
chris98251":fgu0bo7n said:
No nose tackle, rookie Center in the house that creates the highest false start penalties in the league against the best defense in the league last year. Lacy is a nice back, but he isn't quick and shifty and is a easy target to bring down if tackled with good technique, which we do.

I expect to us to punch the receivers for the Packers in the mouth and see how they take it. Get into their heads and Rodgers is throwing picks and the score goes up fast.

Our back up NT will be just fine. We don't have much drop off between him and Raji who was lost for the year. We will have to see what Capers has dialed up to stop Lynch and the rest of the offense. Clay is healthy and looks to be on par for another Pro Bowl season.

To be honest, our rookie starting Center (Linsley) is actually the back up to our other rookie starting Center (Tretter) who will miss the first 4-6 weeks with a bruised knee. He will have to step up in a big way. The good news for us is that he is a big, strong kid and looks to have a pretty bright future in Green Bay. Smart too. He may just surprise a few people.

Your DB's are tough and I expect a lot of contact. I also suspect the refs will stifle your aggressiveness with a lot of flags. The league wants more scoring and doesn't want WR's to be touched. This may play right into Green Bays strength of small and fast WR's that can gain separation with the best of them.

One thing is for sure, it should be a pretty good game.
Cries refs stole game two years ago, begs the Lord Goodell that the refs give him a game this year. Perhaps you would be a better human if you hoped your players just went out and earned it?

Umm no. There is actually a league mandate to throw more flags for illegal contact and pass interference, expressly because of what Seattle did last year. Are you just being naïve???

Uhm no again, because that mandate was only for pre-season. If things get changed at all because of that it will happen next season, not this season. Also after week 3 the flags came back down to earth. Oh did I also forget to mention that when the Refs were going flag happy with this, that the Hawks had a total of ZERO defensive holding calls all preseason? If your hoping this "new rule" is going to slow us down, then your going to be in for the long haul. And this new rule wont be in play anyways.

Latest posts