This weeks Fire Bevell Thread

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3m0287wb said:
No hate for Quinn?
You know what? At least he adjusted. Second half, lined Sherman up on Dez.

Adjustments. What a concept. That being said, I'd love to hear from Quinn why we have basically given up on bump & run coverage.

Tical21

Reaction score
There is a major problem with our passing game, especially against the blitz. Is it the calls, is it the receivers failing to get open, or is it that Russell refuses to throw the damn ball? Gonna need the all-22. I'm not going to throw it at Bevell's feet until examined more closely. If he is calling smart plays and we can't execute, so he has to get cute with the screen game to compensate, then it is totally not his fault. If he isn't calling plays that are designed to get guys open against the coverage he is anticipating, it lands on his feet. What I don't want to see is him getting strung up without evidence. That just isn't fair, as inevitable as it is around here.

minormillikin

Reaction score
vonstout":i34bgkta said:
Harvin isn't a RB!!! Use him down the field.

Really? You don't think we should run stickman Harvin up the gut more?

Seriously, that was ridiculous. It reminded me of a time when Norv Turner tried to pound the ball up the middle against the Ravens (at their peak with Ray Lewis) with Darren Sproles.

The good thing is maybe other teams won't look at Harvin as such a threat after this game. Opening things up for him again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fb7u2c0 said:
Sarlacc83":3fb7u2c0 said:
No hate for Quinn?
You know what? At least he adjusted. Second half, lined Sherman up on Dez.

Adjustments. What a concept. That being said, I'd love to hear from Quinn why we have basically given up on bump & run coverage.
I wonder about this also. As for Bevell? Yeah a major change is
needed. But I'm not convinced it's all his fault from what I'm seeing this is an issue with the OL, receivers and Wilson. The OL is giving him no time so regardless of the receivers Bevell can't attempt whole types of plays because of it and the receivers being subpar. It's a viscous circle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sometimes the HC needs to step in and change something. Pete has done it before, when we were starting to go to hurry up playcalling with TJ, and in a loss toe Cowboys (irony of ironies) he went back to ground and pound. It changed the attitude of the entire team for the rest of the year.

It isn't about firing an OC. Hell, the team that just physically kicked Seattle's ass has an OC known for NOT wanting to run the ball, but run the ball is exactly what he is doing.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2hhstrqf said:
Sometimes the HC needs to step in and change something. Pete has done it before, when we were starting to go to hurry up playcalling with TJ, and in a loss toe Cowboys (irony of ironies) he went back to ground and pound. It changed the attitude of the entire team for the rest of the year.

It isn't about firing an OC. Hell, the team that just physically kicked Seattle's ass has an OC known for NOT wanting to run the ball, but run the ball is exactly what he is doing.

I too find inspiration in Linehan. It's the only thing that keeps me going, truly.

What's cool is when the Hawks needed a TD to win today, you know late in the 4th, the whole world expected rollouts. Why rollouts? Because that's where our QB excels. But today we didn't do that...and that'll really confuse our next opponents. Brilliant.

XOXO

Empty Set Offense Fanatic

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Pete needs to just stop Bevell from watching WSU games.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
It seemed like we got beat by a team that resembled us from last year. I swear it was like looking back a year. Romo was doing his best Houdini just before launching a few bombs (Russ last year) Murry was a BEAST (you know) and their D was stingy and aggressive. Just felt weird tonight with all the trick plays too.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
It was painfully obvious at halftime that the cutesy crap Bevell has been dialing up had reached it's zenith, but he failed to get back to what we do, run the ball with the Beast.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I have stayed out of the Bevell threads for about a year, but this makes me want to puke. Harvin is the fastest guy in the NFL, and he hasn't ran a WR route in weeks. Everybody knows RW is throwing a screen or it's a fly sweep. We had three 1st downs in the 1st half?

Bevell reminds me of Dave Kreig. When he is hot, he is unbeatable. When he is cold, you wonder how the guy has a job.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mistaowen":1sifmdy1 said:
I don't think we had a play go to Harvin past the line of scrimmage. Couple that with Marshawn getting two carries in the first half and you have legitimate reason to criticize Bevell and his desire to only run cute college plays against a below average defense. This was by far the worst called game of his tenure as a Seahawk.

How many empty set shotgun plays did we run today? The defense can 100% commit to defending the pass.

Harvin had a 7 yard completion that gave him one yard total for the day. All his other runs and receptions were for negative yardage.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2q2m3b9n said:
I have stayed out of the Bevell threads for about a year, but this makes me want to puke. Harvin is the fastest guy in the NFL, and he hasn't ran a WR route in weeks. Everybody knows RW is throwing a screen or it's a fly sweep. We had three 1st downs in the 1st half?

Bevell reminds me of Dave Kreig. When he is hot, he is unbeatable. When he is cold, you wonder how the guy has a job.

If Bevell had a hot Dave Kreig, he'd call for a run on every play.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
we teach kids 9 and 10 years old that they can't get 1st downs running east and west yet our OC thrives on continuing to run jet sweeps, swing passes, and bubble screens. It is pretty simple really. The defense cheats up when they don't expect to see anything other than short gimmicky plays.

Moreover, when your porous, continuously shitty, penalty prone, offensive line can't give Wilson any time to throw the defense can also cheat up.

Lastly, when we have the best running back in the NFL for yards after contact and our pop warner, techmo bowl, idiot OC refuses to use him, we should expect to lose. We deserve to lose.