This weeks Fire Bevell Thread

rideaducati

Reaction score
storm74":1evoybaz said:
we teach kids 9 and 10 years old that they can't get 1st downs running east and west yet our OC thrives on continuing to run jet sweeps, swing passes, and bubble screens. It is pretty simple really. The defense cheats up when they don't expect to see anything other than short gimmicky plays.

Moreover, when your porous, continuously shitty, penalty prone, offensive line can't give Wilson any time to throw the defense can also cheat up.

Lastly, when we have the best running back in the NFL for yards after contact and our pop warner, techmo bowl, idiot OC refuses to use him, we should expect to lose. We deserve to lose.

Are we sure Russell isn't changing run calls to pass plays at the LOS? Maybe that is why Baldwin was in Russ' face.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hate him so much that I would like to fire him, then re-hire him for like an hour and then fire him again.

There is a reason this guy hasn't sniffed a head coaching job.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fire Todd Breda!!

He's the real reason we lost!!

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
rideaducati":rxw7zrfe said:
Are we sure Russell isn't changing run calls to pass plays at the LOS? Maybe that is why Baldwin was in Russ' face.

I know for a fact that Russell can't audible into a run play when we have an empty backfield which by the way takes all the imagination out of any play.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Whenever we were on offense I was in a state where I was just constantly shaking my head is on confusion and disappointment.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Hey not to be to much of a jerk but I got a nick name for you super negative 12s today. Legion of Doom. :snack:

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
THE TABS":3bt6j88p said:
We're on to St. Louis.
Yea so what, We just got our butts kicked and all you have to say is that? If our team plays like it did today. They will gets thier butts kicked in St. Louis!

SOS Same old Seahawks.
I havent posted that much, and I dont. This game just pissed me off because I thought we had a chance. Now all the BS that I saw on the field makes me think that this team is now going to slide back into the team that everybody laughed about for all those years. We made it and Im not ready to let it go. I WANT MORE!!! So dont screw it up.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Outstanding.

I will say that Pete has to approve of Bevells choices and he just said on the radio that they want Harvin in space but they did not run one single play to make that happen.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
Anyone think the lack of use of beast is to see what we have if we didn't have him? Just a thought I had. Well we've seen the results, so stop it Damn it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Russell didn't play well.

Is that on the OC? Maybe. But Russell isn't utilizing his receivers. Hasn't done so all year. Maybe that's a playcalling issue; maybe it's a protection issue; maybe it's a WR talent issue; maybe it's QB issue. Dallas, just like Arizona last year, gave Russell one-on-ones in coverage all day long. Seattle couldn't capitalize.

Sending Harvin on go-routes all game long isn't going to miraculously fix this offense. He isn't a go-route receiver and never has been.

We need to make teams pay for one-on-one coverage. That will take a defender out of the box.

Russell needs to complete some real NFL throws. Bottom line. Putting it all at Bevell's feet still isn't addressing the heart of the issue.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know David. How many failed bubble screens does one need to see?....Or fake jet sweeps.

For some reason they are not playing our supposed speed guy in Richardson, and when RW does throw deep the passes are NOT being hauled in. That isn't on Bevell, but what IS on him is getting all artsy fartsy and getting away from running the ball.

On defense we make a ton of plays that would have forced punts but Murray broke way too many tackles and we tackled like dog doo all game.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ktyi91b said:

Is that on the OC? Maybe. But Russell isn't utilizing his receivers. Hasn't done so all year. Maybe that's a playcalling issue; maybe it's a protection issue; maybe it's a WR talent issue; maybe it's QB issue. Dallas, just like Arizona last year, gave Russell one-on-ones in coverage all day long. Seattle couldn't capitalize.

Sending Harvin on go-routes all game long isn't going to miraculously fix this offense. He isn't a go-route receiver and never has been.

We need to make teams pay for one-on-one coverage. That will take a defender out of the box.

Russell needs to complete some real NFL throws. Bottom line. Putting it all at Bevell's feet still isn't addressing the heart of the issue.

You're kind of agreeing with my gripes, by default. I don't see playcalling curtailed to the strengths of the personnel. Empty sets with ZBS/grappling OLineman, running almost exclusively out of the pistol with ZBS/Grappling OLineman, Walters in on key 3rd down conversions, bubble screens as a mainstay...not a change up, and no bootlegs on the last drive.

There's no identity, nor has their been all year long. Your post, albeit unintentionally, is stating that too.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":31akqx0y said:
DavidSeven":31akqx0y said:

You're kind of agreeing with my gripes, by default. I don't see playcalling curtailed to the strengths of the personnel. Empty sets with ZBS/grappling OLineman, running almost exclusively out of the pistol with ZBS/Grappling OLineman, Walters in on key 3rd down conversions, bubble screens as a mainstay...not a change up, and no bootlegs on the last drive.

There's no identity, nor has their been all year long. Your post, albeit unintentionally, is stating that too.

You are undeniably sexy when poked with a stick.

XOXO

Austin Powers Teeth

Ozzy

Reaction score
Brock said after watching the game tape that the receivers flat out didn't win the individual matchups on the outside and were consistently losing to the DB's. I think Wilson can play better but if the WR's can't win the one on one matchups it doesn't matter who is throwing the football. He also put some balls on the money in tight coverage(again not winning the one on one) only to have the passes dropped. How is this on Wilson?

Can he play better? Of course. He is far from the problem in my opinion.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Largent80":2mruabxu said:
I don't know David. How many failed bubble screens does one need to see?....Or fake jet sweeps.

For some reason they are not playing our supposed speed guy in Richardson, and when RW does throw deep the passes are NOT being hauled in. That isn't on Bevell, but what IS on him is getting all artsy fartsy and getting away from running the ball.

Our conventional play-action offense wasn't getting us anywhere at the end of last year either. The Harvin elements were put in to open things up, but I think Harvin might be missing a step right now (had a thigh issue in practice). Walters is useless, but he's the price we pay for designing our playbook around our $13 million WR who can only play 50% of the downs. I don't put that on Bevell. Harvin is Pete's pet project.

IMO, we saw the same issue yesterday that we had at the end of last year. Load up the box, play press one-on-one against our receivers, game over. The run and the Harvin plays will work better once teams actually believe Russell can challenge their one-on-one coverage in non-scramble situations. At some point, he needs to take those throws and complete those throws. Hasn't happened this year. Our receivers have been invisible for five games.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pehawk":iw5uue9t said:
DavidSeven":iw5uue9t said:

If you put Wilson under center with a fullback or extra blocking TE, what's going to happen? The exact same thing that happens in our shotgun formations. Loaded boxes. Blitzing up the gap. One-one-one coverage. Teams are daring us to beat them with actual passes. And we can't do it. This isn't an identity issue IMO. This is teams realizing something that's pretty obvious to casual observers. Russell has a tough time with blitzing pressure and hesitates on challenging one-on-one coverage.

We can get "less cute" all we want. Our run game will continue to get stone-walled as long as teams continue daring us to throw.