Thread has gone off the rails.. Please delte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was planning on screaming but now I think I'll just kick back and enjoy the game in a quiet manner.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I plan to spill beer on a child. But only if they're wearing a Seahawks jersey.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":30y2y4ej said:
If it doesn't matter then why so many fans crying about fans not being loud enough, sitting in their seats, checking cell phones, etc. And that's just the ones I've seen here.

Don't make excuses, just admit the noise helps. The noise is down this year because your bandwagon fans are gone and your season ticket holders have been selling tickets to opposing fans, both of which are also the subject of threads and complaints here.

A Honda Civic owner and a Lamborghini owner can both go into a shop and complain that their cars aren't fast enough...does that mean they'll both perform the same on track day? Hawk fans have set the bar much higher when it comes to crowd noise and participation than Niner fans. Just because some Hawk fans complain that it isn't up to par, it doesn't mean that they're in the same league.

Largent80

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn" Don't make excuses said:
The noise doesn't matter where I live except to hear the crying of my neighbors when the 9ers choke away, in that case it is BLISS.

Also the noise may be down because we did what your team couldn't do the year before, and hasn't done for over 20 years...WIN the super bowl.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Gee, thanks, Hawk-Nation! Ya know, I woke up this morning and said to myself, 'I hope some newbie posts on .net and tells me how to be a fan!' (Yes, Sheldon, it's called sarcasm.)

Over the years, there must have been 50 posts like yours on .net...and to everyone of them I say, 'Kiss My Lily White Arse!'

If you're gonna post, at least come up with something original. :les:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1pig0xqp said:
Gee, thanks, Hawk-Nation! Ya know, I woke up this morning and said to myself, 'I hope some newbie posts on .net and tells me how to be a fan!' (Yes, Sheldon, it's called sarcasm.)

Over the years, there must have been 50 posts like yours on .net...and to everyone of them I say, 'Kiss My Lily White Arse!'

The same could be said of your response.. 999 views and 45 posts later, apparently these posts are still somewhat popular

:lol:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aww but why are they popular ??

50ab1e8fd587fe445a01c19a82ca2b7b.jpg

That is the real question.
:{)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2rmrvlxg said:
LymonHawk":2rmrvlxg said:

The same could be said of your response.. 999 views and 45 posts later, apparently these posts are still somewhat popular

But half of the posts are yours.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2dkyhlug said:

So cats are what Regulators look like...... :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3v60cds3 said:
Hawk_Nation":3v60cds3 said:
LymonHawk":3v60cds3 said:

But half of the posts are yours.

And one is now yours yours, just sayin lol. Some of you guys need to lighten up..

:0190l:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
pmedic920":2t998vzc said:

Seems to be about as popular as why is Lynch unhappy threads. I don't see many people in the 30+ complaining in those.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The problem about a post like this in a Seahawk forum. Is that you're ALREADY talking to die hard fans. Most of these fans know what to do, and by making a post like this among die hard fans, it's almost insulting. The people you really need to target are the casuals. Guess what, casual fans do not go on Seahawk forums. casual fans don't even listen to sports radio. About the best you're gonna get from a casual fan is watching ESPN. So if you want to educate the non-loud fans to be loud. Then you need to find out who among your network is going to the game for the first time in his/her life, who has no idea what we do, and GENTLY inform him/her some recommendations for gameday.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2y3qst6v said:
pmedic920":2y3qst6v said:

Seems to be about as popular as why is Lynch unhappy threads. I don't see many people in the 30+ complaining in those.

It's all in fun.
I've posted a thread or two like this.
Trust me, you are getting off easy.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Im a part of several forums, what I have been dished here is minor. One of which was the 49ers webzone where I pretended to be a Niner fan leading up to the NFC championship game.. Then got booted once I posted several threads of the tip. :49ersmall:

Its all in fun, some guys just are wound a bit too tight.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2s5414nw said:
The problem about a post like this in a Seahawk forum. Is that you're ALREADY talking to die hard fans. Most of these fans know what to do, and by making a post like this among die hard fans, it's almost insulting. The people you really need to target are the casuals. Guess what, casual fans do not go on Seahawk forums. casual fans don't even listen to sports radio. About the best you're gonna get from a casual fan is watching ESPN. So if you want to educate the non-loud fans to be loud. Then you need to find out who among your network is going to the game for the first time in his/her life, who has no idea what we do, and GENTLY inform him/her some recommendations for gameday.

Preach brother lol

Riley12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":omt724e3 said:
I was planning on screaming but now I think I'll just kick back and enjoy the game in a quiet manner.

That's what I'll do too. If only to piss off Hawk_Nation and others like him.

Just recently, during the Walter Jones Ring of Honor induction, some guy was in my section yelling at everyone to "Stand the hell up! He's an effin' hall of famer!!" I sat on the principle that a half-drunk douche isn't going to visit my section for the first time in 12 years and tell me what to do.

Like H.G was saying - the folks around me have been my Sunday family for over a decade now. We've seen each others families grow, splinter and grow up. We've driven through snow to see Holmgren's last game. We've sat completely pissed off when the stadium first opened and among only 20k Seahawks fans was a sea of Terrible Towels. Some of the most joyful and painful moments in our lives have happened in those seats.We've poured our heart, souls and physical well being into the support of this team through bad times and good. Someone telling us what to do barely warrants an extended middle finger.

Oh yeah. Mr. "Stand the hell up!!" left 5 minutes before the game ended. Sinner. If I see him in the next 12 years, it will be too soon.

dbmack

Reaction score
ZagHawk":188ad93i said:
Do you have a list of the criteria for the different levels of fandom? I don't listen to sports radio but watch ESPN when there is a game on (any game, not just the Seahawks) so I must be just a casual fan. Awhile back I was told I was a casual fan because I don't memorize stats or keep at the front of my memory the name of every Seahawk player who has suited up for us in all the years I've been a fan. I consider myself a die-hard fan since day one but I guess according to different posters on this board I'm really not.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Riley12":187qf86k said:
Hasselbeck":187qf86k said:

That's what I'll do too. If only to piss off Hawk_Nation and others like him.

Just recently, during the Walter Jones Ring of Honor induction, some guy was in my section yelling at everyone to "Stand the hell up! He's an effin' hall of famer!!" I sat on the principle that a half-drunk douche isn't going to visit my section for the first time in 12 years and tell me what to do.

Like H.G was saying - the folks around me have been my Sunday family for over a decade now. We've seen each others families grow, splinter and grow up. We've driven through snow to see Holmgren's last game. We've sat completely pissed off when the stadium first opened and among only 20k Seahawks fans was a sea of Terrible Towels. Some of the most joyful and painful moments in our lives have happened in those seats.We've poured our heart, souls and physical well being into the support of this team through bad times and good. Someone telling us what to do barely warrants an extended middle finger.

Oh yeah. Mr. "Stand the hell up!!" left 5 minutes before the game ended. Sinner. If I see him in the next 12 years, it will be too soon.

My point of this thread was NOT to all see how we all measure up on the magical scale of being a real fan or not. I am speaking from experience not only in my section, but in my Dad's as well. There has been a ton of new fans each game sitting in spots of people who now are only holding on to their spot for profit. Hell last game we had a family of 4 who bought tickets from a guy on craigslist, and they asked us to sit down several times because they couldnt see. I swear, there should be some kind of application process in order to sell tickets. :sarcasm_off:

I have also been going to games for the past 24 years, and Im sure I have talked in passing to some of you and didn't even know it. If I offended any of you guys, that wasn't my point. Just showing some frustration with what I have seen in the few games so far this season.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I stand because it feels right. But Im pretty sure my screaming doesnt get louder when I do.

For the Raiders game I was annoyed my section (Id upgraded to club seats for that game) wasnt loud, and perplexed they didnt stand..but the loudness was the annoying thing really, not the standing.

Its annoys me.. but I think I will reserve judgement on who is a good fan or not. Some of them, even the non standing ones, are spending more money than they rightfully should for the right to be at the game. I know two season ticket holders personally who really cant afford the tickets and make pretty big sacrifices to get them.. but I wouldnt call either particularly loud, though they are standers.

Status
Not open for further replies.