Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
HansGruber":2z8f7s82 said:
Yeah I don't really get these endless threads about the crowd suddenly not showing up and making noise. I've had season tickets for years, and the 12th Man has been consistently loud no matter what. We were loud in 1999.

I wonder if people who say this kind of stuff realize that season ticket holders have been around long enough to have a fairly good idea of the "norm" and how loud it is EVERY week. When you tell is it's suddenly quiet, I just think you're some noob that's only attended a few games and I just laugh it off. The same way I laugh off the morons who complain about bandwagons. Whatever.

Far from a Hawk "noob". My family has been a season ticket holder since '97, and maybe its just the area I sit in but it seems like there is more and more younger fans and a lot of what seem to be more "new" fans worried about their facebook updates and posting selfies than whats actually going on with the game. We have most of the same people that have been around us for years, and a large chunk them have sold off most of their tickets this year for a hefty profit.

Anyone who was at the Giants game who didn't notice a difference in the crowd noise should maybe have their ears checked. The 1st half was as quiet a first half as I can remember aside from preseason.

Brahn

Reaction score
/sarcasm Please post your seat and section along with row number. I will be coming by to verify everyone's "Fan level" . /sarcasm

These posts happen when reality and unrealistic expectations cross.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, taking pics during the game and yacking it up instead of watching the actual game is really corny. Oh well

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2dziapkf said:
Far from a Hawk "noob". My family has been a season ticket holder since '97, and maybe its just the area I sit in but it seems like there is more and more younger fans and a lot of what seem to be more "new" fans worried about their facebook updates and posting selfies than whats actually going on with the game.

Where do you sit??? I'm in Section 211, been here for years, and it sure wasn't "quiet" against the Giants. Sat in section 129 back in the Kingdome, and it was never quiet. Even Husky Stadium was never quiet.

I've seen people take selfies or whatever, but who cares? I've taken selfies, with various friends and family. For some of them, going to the game is a special thing. They don't get to do it often. It's an event. So yeah, they get excited and post a picture on Facebook. Who cares? I don't know how anyone who regularly attends games could be unaware of that fact or see it as a negative.

In my experience, the guests of the regulars often bring the best noise. For them, it's so special to be there and they're just jacked out of their minds. I really enjoy that. For us old geezers, it's a pleasure to meet new guests, indoctrinate the new 12's, and get them screaming. I've been in a handful of selfies due to my autographed Bosworth jersey and consider it an honor.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
My Dad has tickets in 148, and my brother and I aren't as rich and have tickets in 310. I TOTALLY understand with success comes a crap load of new fans especially out of towners just there for the experience.

While some get into it, there are others especially in my Dad's section that have complained about people being too loud and rowdy. Maybe Im just into it more than the next person, but last year I really cant remember seeing as many people sitting as I do now.

After the 49ers NFCC game last year I guess that set the bar for me. I couldn't talk, and could barely hear for a few days.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Taking pics during of yourself during a play is what I'm saying. Shoot, everyone takes pics. But doing it of yourself, and not even watching the game, during a play? Kind of corny.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pehawk":1cre4wsk said:
That's right, Aros (aka Todd). He actually tries to get people to be loud when the Hawks are on offense. Then sometimes, he'll text security complaining about the people in front of him standing.

Clutch the pearls!!!

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2abc0e5i said:
If you don't plan on being loud, standing on every Defensive series, and screaming your lungs out this Sunday please either sell or donate your tickets to someone who will.

That is all.... GO HAWKS.

I thought the crowd noise didn't have anything to do with your wins or losses?

HansGruber

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1mvprvzn said:
Hawk_Nation":1mvprvzn said:
If you don't plan on being loud, standing on every Defensive series, and screaming your lungs out this Sunday please either sell or donate your tickets to someone who will.

It doesn't. Unlike Whiner fans, Seahawk fans have been diehards from the get-go and Seahawk games are always off the hook (during the Singletary years, it was hilarious to see Candlestick totally empty). It's been loud every season. You don't see gang fights in our bathrooms and you won't see a bunch of idiot yuppies watching baseball on their smart phones, like you do in San Jose.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
HansGruber":3li858qb said:
lvnginhwktwn":3li858qb said:
Hawk_Nation":3li858qb said:

It doesn't. Unlike Whiner fans, Seahawk fans have been diehards from the get-go and Seahawk games are always off the hook (during the Singletary years, it was hilarious to see Candlestick totally empty). It's been loud every season. You don't see gang fights in our bathrooms and you won't see a bunch of idiot yuppies watching baseball on their smart phones, like you do in San Jose.

If it doesn't matter then why so many fans crying about fans not being loud enough, sitting in their seats, checking cell phones, etc. And that's just the ones I've seen here.

Don't make excuses, just admit the noise helps. The noise is down this year because your bandwagon fans are gone and your season ticket holders have been selling tickets to opposing fans, both of which are also the subject of threads and complaints here.

byau

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":36uu98k2 said:
My Dad has tickets in 148, and my brother and I aren't as rich and have tickets in 310. I TOTALLY understand with success comes a crap load of new fans especially out of towners just there for the experience.

While some get into it, there are others especially in my Dad's section that have complained about people being too loud and rowdy. Maybe Im just into it more than the next person, but last year I really cant remember seeing as many people sitting as I do now.

After the 49ers NFCC game last year I guess that set the bar for me. I couldn't talk, and could barely hear for a few days.

Hawk_Nation, respect the commitment and follow through on your own thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, you sound like a guy with a lot of smarts about you, and this post was a combination of your smarts, your experiences, and also just wearing your sports passion on your sleeve.

Something like that?

If it's something like that, yeah, that's also why I started my other thread (the "Go Freaking Seahawks" one). For me, it was seeing the Seahawks coming out without that swagger. It's been missing IMO. And frustrating me each week, that was my motivation for that thread

Similarly, it seems your plea is the same, but for the fans. You've seen the fans this year not have that swagger and not be loud enough. And it's frustrating. And you want them to bring it this time and bring their swagger and in doing so inspire the team to bring back their swagger.

Something like that?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I can scream on defense and sit at the same time. Does that make me a bad fan?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
byau":1mdyskw9 said:
Hawk_Nation":1mdyskw9 said:

Hawk_Nation, respect the commitment and follow through on your own thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, you sound like a guy with a lot of smarts about you, and this post was a combination of your smarts, your experiences, and also just wearing your sports passion on your sleeve.

Something like that?

If it's something like that, yeah, that's also why I started my other thread (the "Go Freaking Seahawks" one). For me, it was seeing the Seahawks coming out without that swagger. It's been missing IMO. And frustrating me each week, that was my motivation for that thread

Similarly, it seems your plea is the same, but for the fans. You've seen the fans this year not have that swagger and not be loud enough. And it's frustrating. And you want them to bring it this time and bring their swagger and in doing so inspire the team to bring back their swagger.

Something like that?

Ya pretty much. There is nothing like 68k of your closest friends going crazy, losing their voice, all while snot bubbles (As Earl says) come out of your nose.

As for the WHINER fan who chimed in. Whats makes us different as a fan base is we don't need a memo sent out by our front office telling us how & when to cheer. Whos got it better than us? THE HAWKS DO! :49ersmall:

byau

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":19hht4uu said:
byau":19hht4uu said:

Something like that?

Ya pretty much. There is nothing like 68k of your closest friends going crazy, losing their voice, all while snot bubbles (As Earl says) come out of your nose.

I'll take it . Love to see the crowd and team feed off each other. Maybe facing the best record in the NFL while we ourselves being 6-4 and losing this game gives us a 94% chance of NOT winning the NFC West (I think that's the number) will be the turning point and give us back some Angry Birds!

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I bring it every game, and always will, but as was stated, I don't control everyone else. I sit in 127, and the Giants game was definitely as loud as other games I have been to. I do see a lot of new faces around me, and some old ones, but I don't care. Some of the new people have never been to a game before, or if they have they haven't been that close to the field. I understand the pictures, and it doesn't bother me. It also doesn't bother me that some people in my area have sold their tickets for huge profits cause you know what they have earned that right. Everyone who sits where I have for the most part have had tickets for 10 years or more, and gave their all in the lean years, and are now getting to enjoy a little gravy.

Another positive, is that for every game this year, I have had fans from the opposing team sitting next to me, and none of them had ever been to our city or stadium, and every one of them has left with an amazing impression of us as a fan base. That to me is just as important as whether or not everyone is yelling or screaming their head off.

I paid my dues in 08, 09, and 10, I will yell and scream my ass off, because I want to, not because I am being told to.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2uuuf4xx said:
CALIHAWK1":2uuuf4xx said:
These threads are always amusing to me. As if season ticket holders are the issue. If they are on here, spending their free time on a team message board but come Sunday they just aren't that into it.

Well, Drew, what do YOU want to talk about then?

C'mon, start a topic...

*Fart!*

:stirthepot:

Vaginas!!!!

Fart. [emoji2]

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":34bs1yr9 said:

Just FYI, the people who are NOT being loud and standing on every series, are the people who bought tickets from a STH and have no idea what you're supposed to do because it's usually their first NFL game.

btw, i think we have more false starts at home than our opponents, I really don't think our loud HFA matters much anymore :(.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":6mjzd13h said:

Kiss my a$$.

What the hell is it with people trying to tell other people what to do?

Don't get me wrong, on some level, I understand where you are coming from, but conversely, where the hell were you when the Seahawks were 2-14?

Hell, as recently as three years ago, I was standing outside the stadium, with one extra ticket for the Redskins game, and with face value of $100 and the ticket being essentially on the 50 yard line, 15th row, after having no one interested, for over an hour, maximum offer of $40 from a freaking scalper, I just took the ticket inside with me and ate it rather than giving it to some jerkwad to resell.

Where were all the fans then? Presumably warm, inside, watching the TV.

Meanwhile all the season ticket holders were there, in the rain, yelling for our team...

I dunno, I'm willing to give a lot of slack to the season ticket holders.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Really sick of the "I'm a better fan than you" posts. Just do what you have to do to enjoy the game.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":33pft0tl said:
Really sick of the "I'm a better fan than you" posts. Just do what you have to do to enjoy the game.

This isn't about "Im better than you".

If your sick of these, then why post in them? Thanks for the bump! :0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.