Three I'd Like to See ( Non-First Round)

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
In the appropriate place in the draft....but here is three I' d Like to see (not 1st round) for the Hawks

Saki

Skinner

Sanders

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sanders looks like a blue-chip. I like Jack Campbell a bit more, but give me either.

James in PA

Reaction score
Love Drew Sanders. Some here told me he's Barton 2.0. I don't see that.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Ika is on my list as well.

For my money, Ika is one of two pure NTs in this draft, with Mazi Smith being the other. Smith is the consensus #1 NT, and probably has a bit more athleticism than Ika, but only just. Smith is being mocked in the last 1st or early 2nd, but that feels too high for him.

I'd much much much rather have Ika at 52 than Smith at 20. And, Ika even has a shot to be there at 83, but that's risking it for a position that is vacant on our roster, in a draft with only two viable prospects, and with one of those two prospects off the board.

If we reach this draft, I hope that it's for Ika.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I love Skinner. With the amount of money we are spending ding on safeties, he would be a great pick to allow us to move on next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Smith is the consensus #1 NT, and probably has a bit more athleticism than Ika, but only just.
I'd say that's pushing it. Smith was Feldman's #1 overall athletic freak for this draft class, whereas Ika is a 2.75 RAS run stuffer who comps to Snacks Harrison. If you're going to pick a position where athleticism matters the least then NT is a good bet, but there is a wide gap between the two athletically.

If we are talking value then Jerrod Clark of Coastal Carolina is the same weight as Ika, has longer arms, a much better relative athletic score (5.1), and is #192 on the consensus big board right now.

seabowl

Reaction score
3rd round or lower Jartavius Martin Safety Illinois.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Sanders as well. He'd be on my list.

Also, if Zay Flowers doesn't fall to us somewhere, I'd like to see either Josh Downs or Tyler Scott to help out the receiving corps at the slot position.

I'd also love to pick Matthew Bergeron, and then kick him inside to a guard position where most analysts I've heard and seen think he'd have a bright future.

I'm assuming that both 1sts will be used to add to the defensive front 7 (although I know I shouldn't make assumptions with Seahawks draft picks). Either Carter and someone like Nolan Smith/Myles Murphy, or Anderson/Wilson and someone like Bresee/Mazi Smith. That would allow them to start looking to other positions in the 2nd and later, like some of those guys I mentioned.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I'd say that's pushing it. Smith was Feldman's #1 overall athletic freak for this draft class, whereas Ika is a 2.75 RAS run stuffer who comps to Snacks Harrison. If you're going to pick a position where athleticism matters the least then NT is a good bet, but there is a wide gap between the two athletically.

If we are talking value then Jerrod Clark of Coastal Carolina is the same weight as Ika, has longer arms, a much better relative athletic score (5.1), and is #192 on the consensus big board right now.
Good info, and I'll confess that I didn't know Smith tested quite so well. He didn't test at the Combine or his Pro Day, so his testing scores weren't on my radar, but I've been reading up on him, and you're right... those are freakish numbers. This does move him up a bit in my book, makes the 1st round grades make a bit more sense. I'm still not targeting him at 20, but I'd feel better with the pick today than I did yesterday. Thx.