Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1tx61u2u said:
cymatica":1tx61u2u said:
So using Graham to block and catch passes behind the los is utilizing his skillset? He was never known as a blocker or one to make you miss in the open field but we see plays called like that's his strongsuit.

# of targets is no argument for using a player properly btw
If he provides a safety valve that picks up positive yards on first or second down, by all means he's being utilized properly. He also had his share of potential chain-moving catches and red zone targets, so don't cherry pick.

How am I cherry picking? I'm basing what I said off of 2 years with this team and the exact words out of his former teammates mouth, not one game with 'potential' chain moving catches.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":2d705ueu said:
Siouxhawk":2d705ueu said:
cymatica":2d705ueu said:
So using Graham to block and catch passes behind the los is utilizing his skillset? He was never known as a blocker or one to make you miss in the open field but we see plays called like that's his strongsuit.

If he provides a safety valve that picks up positive yards on first or second down, by all means he's being utilized properly. He also had his share of potential chain-moving catches and red zone targets, so don't cherry pick.

How am I cherry picking? I'm basing what I said off of 2 years with this team and the exact words out of his former teammates mouth, not one game with 'potential' chain moving catches.
And we both know Russ's sustainability was the No. 1 goal last season. So Jimmy had to line up in max protect often, yet he still set a franchise record for catches and TDs by a tight end. I'd say that's maximizing his talent when he, too, did everything in his power to return to the field.

randomation

Reaction score
Guys just stop responding to Bevell's mom they will literally never change their opinion. We could be averaging less than 200 yards a game and they would still think Bevs is a good OC.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":11e2y4ci said:
cymatica":11e2y4ci said:
Siouxhawk":11e2y4ci said:
cymatica":11e2y4ci said:

And we both know Russ's sustainability was the No. 1 goal last season. So Jimmy had to line up in max protect often, yet he still set a franchise record for catches and TDs by a tight end. I'd say that's maximizing his talent when he, too, did everything in his power to return to the field.

So your idea of maximizing Graham's talent is 100% based on stats(relative to seattles te history) and 0% based on scheme? Using your 6'7", pure pass catching te, to chip, block, and catch by the los is the best way to use him?

So you are right and an nfl fullback that was teammates with him is wrong?

Rocket

Reaction score
hawk45":25emonez said:
They need to get "dumber" when drafting OL, i.e. forget about finding the guy that no one else found, and just take the most can't-miss prospect you can get your hands on, and trade up to get him if you have to.
I'm thinking of a name. a can't miss name.
Aaron something?
Aaron Crazy?
Aaron Pepper?
Is it Curry?
Mister can't miss !!!
Wait.
FLOP !
:141847_bnono: :34853_doh:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
chris98251":1ywbf8kj said:
Siouxhawk":1ywbf8kj said:
cymatica":1ywbf8kj said:

So 10 million a year for a safety Valve, that's part of the big plan also I assume. Money well spent nobody else would have done that but Bevell, he surprised us again :)

And you could say it's on JS for bringing in a player who doesn't fit the system.

Seahawks need a blocking tight end. I doubt that DB asked for a tight end who acts like a receiver.

randomation

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3c1xjwwp said:
chris98251":3c1xjwwp said:
Siouxhawk":3c1xjwwp said:
cymatica":3c1xjwwp said:

So 10 million a year for a safety Valve, that's part of the big plan also I assume. Money well spent nobody else would have done that but Bevell, he surprised us again :)

And you could say it's on JS for bringing in a player who doesn't fit the system.

Seahawks need a blocking tight end. I doubt that DB asked for a tight end who acts like a receiver.

He fits the system we should be running just fine. Bevell and Pete need to realize that we don't have the line to ground and pound we need to spread it out and let Russ go nuts.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fans do not know more than Pete. Period! I'd really recommend that if you're all butt hurt for running a style of offense that scores a ton of points, look elsewhere and find a marriage to a team that fulfills your desires. Pete has a method that he's not going to deviate much from. That's the plain, hard facts.
The only thing I care about is winning! And this staff and organization knows how to do that!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1gcjxnfe said:
Fans do not know more than Pete. Period! I'd really recommend that if you're all butt hurt for running a style of offense that scores a ton of points, look elsewhere and find a marriage to a team that fulfills your desires. Pete has a method that he's not going to deviate much from. That's the plain, hard facts.
The only thing I care about is winning! And this staff and organization knows how to do that!

In my opinion, and I believe that of many others on this board, this team has fielded multiple championship caliber teams the last few years only (and I say only with all seriousness) to have vastly underachieved with the results due to offensive game planning and decision making. Don't get me wrong, as a long time fan since 1984, I was and am still on cloud 9 winning a bowl. However the thought of what could have been with a better OC and better OL decision making questions what the upper management of this team is thinking or doing. I love Pete and John but fielding a line with very very questionable players and calling as perplexing a gameplan on O as Bevell does week in and out, has me scratching my head as what they are expecting with what we all have witnessed the last few years.

With that I say once again, fly the banner of "Fire Bevell/Cable" in Seattle and at least you would get people and media to wake up and stop being so Sleepless in Seattle.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":326xzxan said:
Siouxhawk":326xzxan said:

In my opinion, and I believe that of many others on this board, this team has fielded multiple championship caliber teams the last few years only (and I say only with all seriousness) to have vastly underachieved with the results due to offensive game planning and decision making. Don't get me wrong, as a long time fan since 1984, I was and am still on cloud 9 winning a bowl. However the thought of what could have been with a better OC and better OL decision making questions what the upper management of this team is thinking or doing. I love Pete and John but fielding a line with very very questionable players and calling as perplexing a gameplan on O as Bevell does week in and out, has me scratching my head as what they are expecting with what we all have witnessed the last few years.

With that I say once again, fly the banner of "Fire Bevell/Cable" in Seattle and at least you would get people and media to wake up and stop being so Sleepless in Seattle.
Good post, but here's the thing I don't get. You say Bevell calls a perplexing gameplan week in and week out, yet for the past 5 years, the Hawks have won nearly 70 percent of their games. No other team in the NFC has done that (although the Packers are right there in the mix somewhere).

So how do both of those things have any corollary? Yes, we have an amazing defense, but you still have to weigh the most on the scoreboard at the end of the day and the Hawks and Bevell have been doing that. You've been a fan for 33 years, you should understand the magnitude of that more than anyone.

And Ill say this about last year. Bevell put together a gameplan that kept Russ on his feet after those early-season injuries and still maximized his abilities to keep us winners. Nobody seems to get that winning the division and a playoff game under those circumstances was a Herculean feat. Well, nobody but Pete, who refreshingly told those who chided Bevell's abilities to stick it in so many words upon the conclusion of the season.

No, what we have here is a pack mentality of a self-entitled portion of the fan base who can't see the forest for the trees. If you want to fly that flag, we certainly have polar opposite views of how the Seahawks got here and what they stand for.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":19xs52qm said:

That is ridiculous. Some fans apparently knew more than Pete when we picked up Harvin. Sometimes it's easier to see things clear looking from the outside in.

Most who complain about the offense, again, don't expect Madden stats, yet you always build a strawman in that regard. We want to see an offense with an identity, and actually built around it. If we are a run first/pa team then we need the personnel for it(not graham or harvin). Right now our offense looks like conflicting styles just forced together and called balanced. We don't have a balanced offense like Pete wants, or we would see playcalls and gameplans accordingly. We see them abandon the run when it doesn't work yet still run play action like it does. They seem confused

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":2o16kfrc said:
Siouxhawk":2o16kfrc said:

That is ridiculous. Some fans apparently knew more than Pete when we picked up Harvin. Sometimes it's easier to see things clear looking from the outside in.

Most who complain about the offense, again, don't expect Madden stats, yet you always build a strawman in that regard. We want to see an offense with an identity, and actually built around it. If we are a run first/pa team then we need the personnel for it(not graham or harvin). Right now our offense looks like conflicting styles just forced together and called balanced. We don't have a balanced offense like Pete wants, or we would see playcalls and gameplans accordingly. We see them abandon the run when it doesn't work yet still run play action like it does. They seem confused
Why would running play action affect the balance of the offense or its identity? That makes no sense.

I think that today you'll see a heavy dose of the running game, which is very much the identity Pete desires. So then we'll have a 2-game sample size to assess the identity of this year's team.

And do you really think there's a team out there that's infallible when it comes to personnel decisions. The Harvin debacle notwithstanding, even teams like the Patriots make gaffes now and then (they just had a defensive player they traded for in the offseason and already cut him, name escapes me). And even in the Harvin scenario, they quickly realized that it would be addition by subtraction and were still able to get a draft pick for him from Buffalo.

Atradees

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3uakblmp said:
Atradees":3uakblmp said:
Brian Baldinger responded to my tweet about firing bevel and cable. The movement has begun!

This post is useless without a screenshot (or at least a quote!).

"Didn't they take the Seahawks to two superbowls?"

I said with a mediocre line we should be there every year. Have you seen RW in the probowl? The D has done it alone.

I wish I was better at twitter. I would have brought up all .nets more eloquent arguements.

I'm sure he was responding to all the fire them tweets...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
So he responded by being astounded that you would suggest such a thing? Sounds about right.

Atradees

Reaction score
Teams have rebuilt entire olines in Cables Seahawk tenure. He's just got to go...I am looking to twitter for hope for petesake.....

Latest posts