TJack visiting Miami today per PFTalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawksurething":3hexai69 said:
Hope we get T- jack back as he got hawks to playoffs with a torn Pict. Plus he knows my he offense is cheap & is amazing at picking the coin toss.

Plus Wilson likes him ! So much bonus to having T-jack. He can probably win hawks a Superbowl too,since so many people think any QB can win with hawks team like Wilson is not elite & just a game manager.

But seriously T-jack is good,he had good stats playoff year even with that nasty injury,he is tough ! BJ might be too he plays well any time he is on the field even though he is young.

TJack took the Seahawks to the playoffs with a torn pec? Hmmm...I must have missed that season. I remember him being the QB of a 7-9 team though but no playoffs. TJack is not a huge loss. At some point they are going to have to let him go.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksurething":2d3z2288 said:
Hope we get T- jack back as he got hawks to playoffs with a torn Pict. Plus he knows my he offense is cheap & is amazing at picking the coin toss.

Plus Wilson likes him ! So much bonus to having T-jack. He can probably win hawks a Superbowl too,since so many people think any QB can win with hawks team like Wilson is not elite & just a game manager.

But seriously T-jack is good,he had good stats playoff year even with that nasty injury,he is tough ! BJ might be too he plays well any time he is on the field even though he is young.

i cannot let this slide, I'm convinced you're Bevell. Your football smarts and knowledge of WR's and TE's. I mean hell it all makes sense now, you saying "my offense" just cements it.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We are 1-0 in superbowls that Tarvaris Jackson plays in. 0-2 when he doesn't play, think about that.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":34si09pu said:
We are 1-0 in superbowls that Tarvaris Jackson plays in. 0-2 when he doesn't play, think about that.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't

hawksurething

Reaction score
Throwdown":qnsvapae said:
hawksurething":qnsvapae said:

i cannot let this slide, I'm convinced you're Bevell. Your football smarts and knowledge of WR's and TE's. I mean hell it all makes sense now, you saying "my offense" just cements it.

You know that was a typo. I'm not brevell . :) lol

And my bad..T- jack almost got us to to playoffs with a torn Pict. 7-9 isn't that bad with that type of injury as QB.

AgentDib

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3lb4y5jy said:
Given that we're royally fecked if Russ goes down regardless, it might make sense to save that for someone else.
I see this the opposite way. I agree that if Russ goes out for the season in game 1 then our season is shot, but that's the rare case for NFL starting QBs. Most of the injuries are for a couple of games, and our second string QB should be there to keep us competitive in a random four game stretch so we stay in good shape for the playoffs.

Let's say Russ strains his hamstring when we are 5-1 and misses the next three games (@STL, Detroit, @Min). If our second QB is a growth prospect who isn't ready to play then suddenly the chances of 5-4 are vastly increased. I don't think our second string needs to be TJack, but it should be a veteran who can be effective in spot starts with very few snaps in training camp and practice.

original poster

Reaction score
AgentDib":11qy5ful said:
SomersetHawk":11qy5ful said:
Given that we're royally fecked if Russ goes down regardless, it might make sense to save that for someone else.
I see this the opposite way. I agree that if Russ goes out for the season in game 1 then our season is shot, but that's the rare case for NFL starting QBs. Most of the injuries are for a couple of games, and our second string QB should be there to keep us competitive in a random four game stretch so we stay in good shape for the playoffs.

Let's say Russ strains his hamstring when we are 5-1 and misses the next three games (@STL, Detroit, @Min). If our second QB is a growth prospect who isn't ready to play then suddenly the chances of 5-4 are vastly increased. I don't think our second string needs to be TJack, but it should be a veteran who can be effective in spot starts with very few snaps in training camp and practice.

I agree, we need an insurance policy that can step up and at least not get us blown out should Russ get an injury. A development QB doesn't fit that criteria.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1m3oj49o said:
HawkMeat":1m3oj49o said:
TJACK is the best number 2 in the league..maybe. Seeing other teams starters like the Browns it makes no sense why Hoyer could start and not TJACK.
He is not the best number 2 in the league. The backup QB is always one of the most favorite players. As a player he was infuriating even when he was healthy. He had more turnovers than touchdowns, and he barely was able to complete 60 percent of his passes. Tarvaris Jackson also had a poor yards per completion. What was Tarvaris Jackson?

He was a Quarterback that happened to have knowledge of a new system that was being implemented on a short offseason. He is not the worst back up in the league, what I would call him is serviceable. He's not going to win you many games, but he's not going to straight up lose games for you. Perfect for a team with a strong defense, and strong running game. On a more offensive oriented team he would sink that teams teams season.

Tarvaris Jackson is a serviceable backup QB. He is not the worst backup in the league, nor is he the best -- but he is a replaceable commodity, especially if his salary becomes higher than it is now.
Logical and rational explanation on a message board. What is the world coming to?

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksurething":1rj11upe said:
You know that was a typo. I'm not brevell . :) lol

"I'm not Bevell. I'm the guy who advises Bevell and gives him all his good ideas."