TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

ivotuk

Reaction score
olyfan63":35p6hqvg said:
TAB420":35p6hqvg said:
Really? It's a true statement but that's about it.
I've lowered my standards so now lower yours.
Wait, that doesn't have quite the same ring as how Pat Paulsen said it.
I think he said Upped and up, or something like that.
He was the funniest of the candidates, don't know why he didn't ever win.

Wow, that's going waaayyyy back. "Got a Monkey on my back, but I can't stop now!" and "She was an unfortunate looking woman."

Mediocre comedian, with an occasional great line.

"Son, don't marry a good looking woman, 'cause a good looking woman will leave you!"

"But an Ugly Woman will leave you too!"

"Yeah, but who cares?"

Maybe all of this is just a misunderstanding of a Dan Snyder prank gone horribly wrong?

ivotuk

Reaction score
BOB, DAVE AND MOORE -- Hour 2 - Breaking News! Quinton Dunbar involved in alleged Miami Incident

The Professor, John Clayton joins the guys to discuss the re-signing of Geno Smith.

During our conversation with John, we received breaking news that Quinton Dunbar was allegedly involved in an armed robbery last night, and there is a warrant out for his arrest.

Jon Morosi joins the show to discuss Blake Snell's comments about revenue sharing and what we might expect out of a baseball season this year. Sweeping The Dial: Joe Buck said Fox will pump in crowd noise during games, and ESPN's Paul Finebaum says the Pac-12 can't afford to miss a year.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Moore

Hour 3 - Paul Moyer on Quinton Dunbar

One of our favorites, Paul Moyer, joins the show for his weekly visit. We discuss the allegations surrounding Quinton Dunbar, and what that means for the Seahawks as we try to process everything involved.

Then, we continue to cover this mess, and listen to some sound from Dunbar's press conference call this morning.

Lastly, we find out What We Learned!

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Moore

Ambrose83

Reaction score
The old you can take the player out of the hood but the hood doesn't come out of the player strikes again .

Rocket

Reaction score
nwHawk":24afru9c said:
:shock: WTF!

What in the heck was going through their minds? Just plain stupid. Throw away millions for a $7-70k. If true, let them rot.
It's simple herd/flock mentality. You'd never do it alone, but stack a half dozen with f'arms and coke and pot and weird shit happens.

Been there.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3tvb16kp said:
The best part of the story:

"According to cops, some people at the party believe it was a planned robbery because when the 3 men were done taking valuables, there were 3 getaway cars strategically positioned to "expedite an immediate departure."

FYI, the alleged getaway cars were SICK -- a Lamborghini, a Mercedes Benz and a BMW."

Wow. Such morons...

The sheer magnitude of stupid here is astounding.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Rocket":3qjgfdfd said:
nwHawk":3qjgfdfd said:
:shock: WTF!

What in the heck was going through their minds? Just plain stupid. Throw away millions for a $7-70k. If true, let them rot.
It's simple herd/flock mentality. You'd never do it alone, but stack a half dozen with f'arms and coke and pot and weird $h!t happens.

Been there.

I would like to know your story.

Jville

Reaction score
Reminds me of a memorable college weekend I once witnessed.

Binge drinking, drugs, loose women and a high stakes poker game among mismatched participants. Eventually the totally played participants react. Guns and knives and clubs and threats and theft make their appearance ... followed by various accounts of what happened.

Unfortunately, this is a reoccurring variation on very ancient indulgences.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This cracks me up.

Thursday on Danny & Gallant:

DANNY AND GALLANT -- Hour 3 - Did the competition just heat up among Seahawks cornerbacks?

Quinton Dunbar joined the collective media on a zoom conference today and says he's most likely going to start playing on the right side.
What does this mean for Tre Flowers?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than 24 hours later:

Guess not....

DANNY AND GALLANT -- Hour 1 - Trying to make sense of what happened with Quinton Dunbar

Quinton Dunbar has been implicated in an armed robbery. There are still so many questions to be answered as it relates to his future with the Seahawks. John Clayton joins us for his Morning Drive!

Is it just me, or does anyone else read "John Clayton joins us for his Morning Drivel" ?

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ducks41468":2v2m4u25 said:
Uncle Si":2v2m4u25 said:
lot of hand wringing at the moment. Probably best to wait and see how this plays out.

Somehow, these stories rarely turn out as initially reported and the player in question ends up playing.

Eh I'm gonna pass on being "that guy" that always makes excuses for a player no matter how bad the crime is. If our defense didn't have so many glaring holes we'd never be trying to rationalize this behavior.

Not suggesting any of gets rationalized. Saying that the details around these things tend to change a week or so later.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2648g42t said:
The old you can take the player out of the hood but the hood doesn't come out of the player strikes again .

Atleast you didn't call him boy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DANNY AND GALLANT -- Hour 3 - Andrew Brandt, former NFL Executive and legal expert joins the show

We've only heard one side of the accusations against Quinton Dunbar in his involvement in an armed robbery with DeAndre Baker and another individuals. Regardless, this is not a good situation. Dunbar hasn't played a down for the Seahawks and it's unfortunate for his future as well as the team. The whole "plan" is hard to comprehend.

In Around the NFL, we check in with Geno Smith, Jacob Eason and James Harrison.

Andrew Brandt of MMQB joins us to give some legal insight on what's going to happen to Quinton Dunbar.

Finally, Flag on the Play!

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... nd+Gallant

jeremiah

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v1mp3e6 said:
xray":1v1mp3e6 said:
So I'll say it..." you can take the boy out off the hood ; but you can't take the hood out of the boy ".

Yeah.. You probably shouldn't have.

Kid or man would have been better, but it is still true for everyone.

The ghetto resides within, not where you reside.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":b1kvq3if said:

The hood, the backwoods, inner city, 'burbs, it's all the same. We are all a product of our genetics, and partially, our environment. But, we are also all responsible for our own actions.

When you grow up in a poorer neighborhood, there is a tendency to justify your actions. It starts out with stealing necessities, such as food and clothing, then graduates to other "needs." Living in this kind of environment, you can sometimes feel like your life is not as valuable, and therefore, neither is anyone else's.

I can empathize with this kid, and his stupidity. I've done similar, and at the time, felt justified. Change is hard, even once you start to experience a modicum of success. One has to find an anchor to hang on to, and for me, it was integrity. But it's just not that easy. It takes time, and despite his recent success, Quinton was probably early in his process.

Then there's the hangers on that you feel like you must be loyal to, and they want to show that they're badass too, so they show it in the only way that they know how, through violence. However, whether he had bad influences in his life at the time or not, he's still responsible for his own actions, and has to pay the price.

I just hope and pray that this is the last time he makes these kinds of decisions, and gets another opportunity to experience success through his hard work and dedication.

This is what I like about Pete and John. They aren't going to have a knee-jerk reaction, but will take every opportunity to find this young man the help that he needs. Other front offices would just abandon him to the scrap heap, 'it's not our problem." But as a Seahawk, he will get a 2nd chance. Let's hope he takes advantage of it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' let it play out. If the story is accurate, they can release him. And it sounds like they would save the cap $ by doing it, not a guaranteed contract (someone posted on another thread)

Latest posts