Tom Cable says Lynch will have to "adapt" when he returns.

Seymour

Reaction score
AZ_fan":32dtjr8t said:
You got me there man... I'm just wondering though... if we win it all this year are you guys gonna run with something like...

"Our 1 title in 39 years is better than your 1 title in the last 90 years"

... or are you gonna come up with new material?

Lions do not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep. If you win will we blah blah blah?? The question that will never need to be answered?! The Tards are the king of choke, yet you have the balls to use that word against us for 1 crappy play and a 43-8 W the year prior? Season after season of choking makes your team a joke, now run away in shame please.

hawk45

Reaction score
Interesting he'd say this about a notoriously sensitive back.
Maybe there is some significance to it if he risks pissing Lynch off to put him on notice he needs to function within the offense.
A healthy Lynch would seem to be easy to integrate which makes it seem to about attitude?
I dunno, one good Cmike showing vs a poor run D doesn't exactly convince me we are plug and play at running back. This tactic could backfire on Cable similar to the way the RBBC comments did last year, although I think it was Bevell who made those.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Seymour":1wjb0v9t said:
Lions do not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep. If you win will we blah blah blah?? The question that will never need to be answered?! The Tards are the king of choke, yet you have the balls to use that word against us for 1 crappy play and a 43-8 W the year prior? Season after season of choking makes your team a joke, now run away in shame please.

No shame here bud.

I do salute you though for having the balls to call us out for "seasons and seasons of choking" being a fan of a team with 1 Super Bowl in 39 years.

It must have sucked all those years to have the multiple SB winning Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Patriots/Redskins/Dolphins/Ravens/Packers/Giants/Raiders/Colts/Broncos fans calling out your team for their lack of a SB title.

But hey... Now you can join the club with the Saints/Jets/Bucs/Bears/Chiefs/Rams with that 1 Lombardi...

I just hope you don't have to milk 43-8 for as long as Jets fans have to milk their 16-7 and Chiefs fans that 23-7.

In short... I don't lose sleep over the lack of a SB title. Find some new material while you are milkin' it... Nobody cares about 2013.

(I know I said I would leave the thread but I just had to respond to this... LOL please feel free to continue your discussion I'll take a step back now. :th2thumbs: )

Laloosh

Reaction score
AZ_fan":x6t3nfpd said:
Seymour":x6t3nfpd said:

No shame here bud.

I do salute you though for having the balls to call us out for "seasons and seasons of choking" being a fan of a team with 1 Super Bowl in 39 years.

It must have sucked all those years to have the multiple SB winning Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Patriots/Redskins/Dolphins/Ravens/Packers/Giants/Raiders/Colts/Broncos fans calling out your team for their lack of a SB title.

But hey... Now you can join the club with the Saints/Jets/Bucs/Bears/Chiefs/Rams with that 1 Lombardi...

I just hope you don't have to milk 43-8 for as long as Jets fans have to milk their 16-7 and Chiefs fans that 23-7.

In short... I don't lose sleep over the lack of a SB title. Find some new material while you are milkin' it... Nobody cares about 2013.

(I know I said I would leave the thread but I just had to respond to this... LOL please feel free to continue your discussion I'll take a step back now. :th2thumbs: )

I think the short version of what people are trying to say is, can you wait until your team has won before taking your victory lap?

Participate, by all means but for crying out loud man, if you piss in every corner of the room, it'll suck when you get sent to one for a time out.

redbird

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2kbkikcr said:
bigtrain21":2kbkikcr said:
Can we get a ban of AZ_fan? All he does is go around taking offense to any post regarding the Cards and now he is derailing threads that have nothing to do with the Cards.

Didn't derail anything pal. I responded to the "Arizona and Carolina don't know what's going to hit them" and I responded again to the trollish meme with one of my own.

Largent80":2kbkikcr said:
Win a Superbowl....../thread.

We'll try... and if we get there hopefully Carson will be smart enough to check out of the quick slant on the 1.

I'll leave this thread now LOL... too many feelings are obviously hurt.

Why are you posting in this thread? Plenty to jab back and forth if thats your thing in the nfl forum. FWIW I'm a cards fan.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1qm25z24 said:
I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

We know how that one would end... quicker than the time he spent in Dallas?
And, not even so deep down, you are praying the 'Hawks need Lynch...

I am very much looking forward to week 17...and about half hoping that Lynch isn't there...this far from the team it was the first half of the season, and a team that recognizes that they don't have to "pin their hopes" on any RB...C. Michael will probably be "good enough"...or he'll move over for Brown.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
AZ_fan":241p9zj0 said:
Seymour":241p9zj0 said:

No shame here bud.

That's still one more than your Cards currently. Every team you named above has a SB ring which is more than your Cards have done. Cards are in the same boat as the Panthers, Lions, Browns, Bengals, Texans, Jags, Bills... teams that don't have a SB ring. Your posting history is evidence that you like to put the cart before the horse. I guess after 39 years of average football can do that. I hope you don't take it hard when your team fails again. Then again you must be used to it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
When I read Cable's comments, I got the impression that Lynch has either resisted or had a hard time making some changes that they've now made and found success with. All hypothetical / guessing of course but that's the impression that I got.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2rfvu8i3 said:
joeseahawks":2rfvu8i3 said:
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt, that Lynch will come back in the best shape of his life and be ready to go in January...

Carolina and Arizona don't know yet, what's going to hit them.

I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

Much of what you post is utter bullshit.

Our Superbowl hopes are pinned on:

Having one of the hottest passers in the NFL
#5 Defense per DVOA (#2 in PA, #2 in YA)
#9 ST per DVOA (probowl KR/PR and K, plus a damn good P)

Oh, and regardless of Lynch, Seahawks have the #2 Running Game in the NFL. And if he needs to and as he always has, Wilson can pick up that slack. 50-100 yards is easy for him, when the team needs those yards to move the ball.

Pinning our SB hopes on Lynch, okay, this team is good enough without him, and even more dangerous with him healthy and fresh.

Your posts make you look like a scared trembeling Cards fans rather than a "realist".

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Laloosh":wjha0pw1 said:
When I read Cable's comments, I got the impression that Lynch has either resisted or had a hard time making some changes that they've now made and found success with. All hypothetical / guessing of course but that's the impression that I got.

I dont read that all... Imo Cable is just saying Russell Wilson is in the driver of this offense now. Its Wilson's. The talk about adapting merely could mean Lynch takes a backseat to Wilson and how they are doing things through him first and foremost.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2uuqs5mi said:
Laloosh":2uuqs5mi said:

I dont read that all... Imo Cable is just saying Russell Wilson is in the driver of this offense now. Its Wilson's. The talk about adapting merely could mean Lynch takes a backseat to Wilson and how they are doing things through him first and foremost.

Well, I've never been good at reading between the lines :)

Maybe they just don't want Marshawn's mom taking to Twitter anymore.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1b37wngs said:
Laloosh":1b37wngs said:

I would be surprised if Cable ever conceded that this was a quarterback's offense. Not to say it isn't true, but why would the run game coordinator feel that way or state it publicly? But I do think he's making a statement that it's not just about Lynch anymore. OL, street RBs, receivers...everyone is chipping in equally to the run game. No one is going to be treated as too special anymore.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's about adapting to the new pace, adapting to how the ball is distributed, maybe rotation of players, remember Lynch was on the Sidelines when Rawls was having his break out performance cheering them on, I am sure he is somewhat aware of what they have done, especially with Fred Jackson as his best bud.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven, question: Do you think any of it my be formation / play call (type of run) specific stuff? Rawls ran out of a lot of single back and I formation right? Lynch saw a lot more R/O from the gun and hasn't seemed to do as well from the I.

mrt144

Reaction score
kearly":3643t88t said:
A couple months ago I mentioned that the entire team looked to be playing with more hustle when Rawls took over. Rawls is done now, but his 6+ weeks of hustle and spark became contagious on the team. Lynch plays hard, but I don't think of him as a player who hustles.

My interpretation of Cable's words is that he wants to see Lynch 'get after it' the same way Rawls did and Michael is currently doing. The part where Cable talks about 'details' is likely making reference to the shift towards precision plays since the bye week.

But probably the most interesting part of these words by Cable is that he even had to say them at all. Marshawn Lynch is an elite RB with a decent shot at the HoF. Normally a run first team would just be thrilled to have him back ASAP, but instead, Cable seems to indicate that there are conditions to Lynch returning. I'm reading between the lines, but it almost sounds like Cable is not thrilled to have Lynch coming back.

It could be psychological to the linemen themselves who expect ML to do ML things and sluff off and don't play as hard.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3mf0e7a1 said:

I'm pretty tolerant of opposing fans. Even kind of fond of that Ringless guy. For him, and for Fitzgerald, I could be happy seeing them pick up that trophy.

But this, this makes me really want to see CM racking up big yards in the post-season and hanging a 100+ burger on the cards before the season is over.

-bsd

StoneCold

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":7qzphfi8 said:
Laloosh":7qzphfi8 said:

How can this be Russell's team when we still run more than we pass?

rain7

Reaction score
I don't see how these comments help the team over the next few games, no matter what you think of lynch. Cable just keeps proving he isnt head coach material.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
hawknation2015":11iypcrh said:
Cable has a certain way he wants things done, but I think it would be a mistake to try to change Marshawn's running style in the middle of the playoffs. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. According to sites like PFF, the reason Marshawn was not as efficient earlier in the season was because Cable's young offensive line was not getting it done. Now that they are blocking with a lot more confidence, I know Marshawn will be more than fine.

I'm pretty sure cable wasn't talking about Lynch adapting his running style. It was more about way the offense is playing now. Tempo and play selection, things like that. No coach would want to change the way Lynch runs. If the situation calls for a change of pace runner we have that in CM. Trying to make Lynch into a speed back would be nonsense.

Latest posts