Top 100 - 4 seahawks in the top 20.

Subzero717

Reaction score
How does Graham go from not making the list at all to top 10? IMO he should have made it in 2012. Just sayin.

HansGruber

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2y592zk1 said:
I think the real perplexing thing is how Tom Brady is still a top-10 player and Aaron Rodgers isn't.

Tom Brady got his team to the AFC Championship Game with a crew of nobodies and cast-offs. The Packers made a whimper in the postseason and Rodgers didn't help.

It's incredible what kind of season Tom Brady put together when you look at that offense. I watch a lot of his games because he's fun to watch, and IMHO, the best QB in the history of the game. It was just remarkable watching Brady force wins all season throwing the ball to a bunch of guys I don't even remember. I literally don't even remember their names. So I looked it up. Go look at the statistics.

Brady had 6 no-name receivers with over 400 receiving yards: Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Shane Vereen, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Dobson. You might say, Gronk is a great TE. Yeah, he is, and he was injured for 9 weeks of the season. Hernandez got popped for being a serial killer, so essentially Tom Brady was playing without his two biggest weapons from the previous season. And he still took that team to the AFCCG, and had over 4300 yards passing and 60.5% pass completion.

Rodgers is good, but he's nowhere near Brady's level. Green Bay has been riding that horse into the playoffs the last handful of years and have nothing but beatdown losses to show for it. Brady has single-handedly made the Patriots a perennial Superbowl contender and continues to win in the postseason, regardless of the dearth of talent surrounding him.

HansGruber

Reaction score
FWIW, the players don't even vote on the Top 100 anyway.

I've heard multiple players comment that they never voted and have never seen other players vote on it, that votes aren't handed out in the locker rooms, and no player has ever confirmed having a vote on that poll.

It's a total scam and players are starting to call it out. It's hilarious listening to all the players talk about how they've never voted and never seen any other players vote on it. Many players have asked who votes on it, no answers.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HansGruber":3pzp72zl said:

I've heard multiple players comment that they never voted and have never seen other players vote on it, that votes aren't handed out in the locker rooms, and no player has ever confirmed having a vote on that poll.

It's a total scam and players are starting to call it out. It's hilarious listening to all the players talk about how they've never voted and never seen any other players vote on it. Many players have asked who votes on it, no answers.

It makes sense. I doubt the players would rank Sherman this high (just due tot hem probably disliking him) and NFL Network loves Sherman and the Hawks in general.

LolaRox

Reaction score
HansGruber":295h6isq said:

When Gerald Mccoy was on one of the 'reaction' shows, he said he voted - or at least they asked him why he didn't put himself in his own top 20 and he said that was for others to judge.

I believe that there are probably some players that vote otherwise they run the risk of looking like total frauds. The question is who, how many and which teams do they represent. I bet its not many - just enough to put in the opening shots and make the 'players vote' claim.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-process/

Last year, 481 players submitted a list, 28.3% of the NFL.

I don't think the problem is the number of players voting, its the fact that they only list 20 players each and somehow come up with a top 100. If every voter is being unbiased, most everyone's top 20 is going to be pretty similar. I mean really, look at the bottom half of the list, how many of those guys could have possibly gotten a single vote on anyones top 20 with no bias? Only way I see is that a bunch of players put 4-5 guys from their team on the list. I'd bet that most of the bottom half got on the list with 1 or 2 votes from their teammates. If you see a guy that is way to high, like Tim Tebow a couple years ago, its a good bet that some joker put him at #1 on his list which gets him 20 points and puts him over a legit player that had 19 votes at #20 (1 point each.)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is just a time filler. What I get a laugh from is the commentary about a player from a player that has hardly played against them.

Then there is the Ike Taylor commentary. He is obviously working on an NFLN spot that already belongs to MikeRob.

I am usually on the treadmill when this show is on, so I watch it then on my phone. Usually I get through most of the show and then see the end after cleaning up. Not today... I made it through like 4 guys, had lost about 4 gallons of water in the process before realizing the show was in 2, 1 hour pieces. My legs are flipping burning.

Makes me want to slap that Lindsey Rhodes hag.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
uncle fester":1ibsbnqo said:
Wilson's actual highlight video is up on .com

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 7884cab1f8

Some nice compliments from players who spend their time trying to catch him - especially Gerald McCoy.

I love what Ricky Jean-Francois says because so many fans and media are ignorant to this about RW.
"And sometimes we try our best to keep him in the pocket. but the funny thing is you can keep him in the pocket, he'll still make throws...he'll still make the accurate throws, the deep ball throws. He'll still find all of his weapons and everything. You gotta flip a coin... either you're gonna rush him or sit there and see him throw that ball into coverage."

Most people still think if you keep him in the pocket he struggles. Numbers don't lie though. And neither do defenders that play against him

Rainger

Reaction score
The neat thing is we have 4 out oft he top 20 players. That is 1/5 of the players and more than any other team. Think about it from 0 to 4. Ah life is good in Seahawk land these days. Thank you uncle P.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
-The Glove-":18ni85lh said:
uncle fester":18ni85lh said:
Wilson's actual highlight video is up on .com

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 7884cab1f8

Some nice compliments from players who spend their time trying to catch him - especially Gerald McCoy.

I love what Ricky Jean-Francois says because so many fans and media are ignorant to this about RW.
"And sometimes we try our best to keep him in the pocket. but the funny thing is you can keep him in the pocket, he'll still make throws...he'll still make the accurate throws, the deep ball throws. He'll still find all of his weapons and everything. You gotta flip a coin... either you're gonna rush him or sit there and see him throw that ball into coverage."

Most people still think if you keep him in the pocket he struggles. Numbers don't lie though. And neither do defenders that play against him

Yep all true...his Pocket numbers are better than his outside the pocket numbers...I believe he has like 40 something of his TDs from inside the pocket.

kearly

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has an utterly ridiculous 57,815 under-rated votes. Most under-rated players sit between 1,000 and 3,000 votes. Maybe there a RW fan out there with a vote-bot of some kind, but that's by far the biggest score I've seen in the top 100 the last few years.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's just plain stupid to put Wilson at #20. Just crazy. That TD pass against SF on the free play was bonkers, easily one of the best passes I've ever seen. Gave me goose bumps.

To hear him later, he said he felt like he wanted to take a shot, screw the risks, and you see that laser? Holy Jesus. If they unleash this man, tell him to let er rip, and he's actually got some receivers? You're looking at the next Brady/Montana.

And you look at that composure, the coolness. Reminds me of Montana at his peak. After 5 years in the league. Cool Joe. To watch him work that SF defense, oh boy. Even more impressive was the home loss to Arizona. His receivers were garbage that day. Nothing all game. Wilson made every throw from nothing and never looked panicked. The confidence was unlike anything I've seen in Seattle. He's leagues beyond Manning who tends to panic. The kid has guts of steel and ice.

I'm just so stoked on Wilson. I can't believe we got him in the third round and I can't believe how this little hobbit plays. People compared him to Tarkenton and Flutie and Brees. He's better than all those guys. He's in another class.

I'm going full on RussellMania right now and I'm about to tear my shirt off and scream in my girlfriend's face!!!!

RUSSELLMANIA IN THIS MUTHA!!!

A

Anonymous

kearly":37fkemlz said:
Russell Wilson has an utterly ridiculous 57,815 under-rated votes. Most under-rated players sit between 1,000 and 3,000 votes. Maybe there a RW fan out there with a vote-bot of some kind, but that's by far the biggest score I've seen in the top 100 the last few years.

I venture to guess that there are more than a few of us that keep that voting window tucked away on our taskbars hitting it whenever we find ourselves at the keyboard.

And they say it's just peeing in a river...