Top 3 Worst moves by front office?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkpride":il2kjqol said:
Can't overlook the "savior" drafting Brian Bosworth, then signing him (to at the time) the most a lineman had ever received, 11 mil.
Then out of the league after 3 forgettable seasons of play by him.

We could have received two 1st Rounders and a 2nd Rounder for the Bosworth pick. It's got to be up there as the worst decision of the franchise. Set the franchise back five years.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm only going to consider the current front office.

Trade for Harvin
Trade for Graham
2nd Extension for Kam
2nd Extension for Bennett
Signing Cary Williams
Cutting Benson Mayowa
Cutting Spencer Ware
Not resigning Golden Tate
Not resigning James Carpenter
Not cutting Walsh
Not cutting/firing Cable or Bevell

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
irocdave":3uxpcoil said:
Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

:lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
irocdave":3cduj9tl said:
Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

Didn't you know?

Were all suppose to just die so they can move upstairs from the basement, leave all our money to them so they never have to have a job and pay the taxes in advance of our death, when we die make sure we have our social Security set up so that they have Power of Attorney to cash the check as well as any pension and payments from our retirement accounts and then quietly climb into a freezer under the basement floor with a back up Generator in case they forget they have to pay the bills.

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":375t6c2g said:
irocdave":375t6c2g said:

Sheesh, millennials.....

Didn't you know?

Were all suppose to just die so they can move upstairs from the basement, leave all our money to them so they never have to have a job and pay the taxes in advance of our death, when we die make sure we have our social Security set up so that they have Power of Attorney to cash the check as well as any pension and payments from our retirement accounts and then quietly climb into a freezer under the basement floor with a back up Generator in case they forget they have to pay the bills.

Dude, you figured out our end game so thoroughly. Still, get in the freezer pops.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Deion Branch, Jerramy Stevens, and Aaron Curry. My millennial side is showing, I know.

RCATES

Reaction score
Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
#2 JG trade
#3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":3qvsv73k said:

Sheesh, millennials.....

Trust me, this is not a Millennial problem. I know plenty of Boomers who seem to think world history began with the Cold War, and seniors who have never looked further back than the Great Depression. Victorian scholars are shaking their heads at all of us, and pre-industrial historians are rolling their eyes at them.

And to be fair, when I read the title of the thread, I did assume we were talking about this current front office.

Sheesh, old people.... ;)

mrt144

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":6b1xq5i8 said:
irocdave":6b1xq5i8 said:

Sheesh, millennials.....

Trust me, this is not a Millennial problem. I know plenty of Boomers who seem to think world history began with the Cold War, and seniors who have never looked further back than the Great Depression. Victorian scholars are shaking their heads at all of us, and pre-industrial historians are rolling their eyes at them.

And to be fair, when I read the title of the thread, I did assume we were talking about this current front office.

Sheesh, old people.... ;)

Speak up, they're hard of hearing and locked in a freezer ;)

mistaowen

Reaction score
irocdave":8vpsw6m6 said:

Sheesh, millennials.....

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't fault the FO at all for taking Bosworth. He was an absolute stud at Oklahoma.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets go back even farther, letting Bobby Moore go to the Vikings. Look that shit up if you don't know who he is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/03 ... ny-dorsett

On this date: Seahawks trade pick that allows Cowboys to draft Tony Dorsett

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:09 AM PDT

1977: The Seahawks trade the second pick in the NFL Draft to the Cowboys, who select running back Tony Dorsett. In exchange, the Seahawks get the Cowboys’ first-round pick, which they used to select offensive lineman Steve August; and three second-round picks – which became offensive lineman Tom Lynch and linebacker Terry Beeson; and a trade with the Cowboys for wide receiver Duke Ferguson. Beeson would lead the team in tackles for three consecutive seasons (1977-79), including a still-franchise record 153 in 1978. August started 90 games from 1977-84.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1alwtoey said:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/03/date-seahawks-trade-pick-allows-cowboys-draft-tony-dorsett

Where is Bobby Moores name in that article? He was not a draft pick we had in the 77 draft.