Top 3 Worst moves by front office?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Duh, it's Ahmad Rashad. I'm not gonna' argue about something that did happen. They traded their pick to Dallas, Hawks got 4 picks, Dallas took Dorsett.

http://americanfootball.wikia.com/wiki/Tony_Dorsett

Dorsett was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys with the second pick of the first round of the 1977 NFL Draft. The Cowboys traded the 24th pick in the draft and three second-round choices to the Seattle Seahawks to move up to take Dorsett. He played with the Cowboys through the 1987 season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobby Moore was a Buffalo Bill to start with, and before that a Cardinal and was drafted in 1972, He changed his name to Ahmad Rashad, he was here and we signed him injured, he made it clear he didn't want to play for an expansion team and Patera being from the Vikings and the front office worked a trade out with the Vikings and some players on their roster, If memory serves those players were John Yarno and Carl Eller.

No Tony Dorsett, your welcome !

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What are you talking about? The thread asked for 3 worst moves by the front office. I'd say trading to Dallas, who then takes Tony Dorsett is one of them, and is next level bad. We clearly are not communicating, cheers

stizz19

Reaction score
RCATES":8ov06k0q said:
Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
#2 JG trade
#3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)
Can't tell if trolling or serious.

chris98251

Reaction score
We were talking two different major situations and communicated it badly, we should have got a whole lot more for Ahmad Rashad, one 4th round pick and Carl Eller being more a coach then a player at that point was not a good trade especially for a expansion team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Aah, yeah, that's brutal. He was one hell of a player. I grew up in T-Town, Mount Tahoma wasn't too far from home. My pops used to talk about him all the time. Remember when he asked his wife to marry him on national tv? Damn, I feel really old now

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":128s01op said:
Aah, yeah, that's brutal. He was one hell of a player. I grew up in T-Town, Mount Tahoma wasn't too far from home. My pops used to talk about him all the time. Remember when he asked his wife to marry him on national tv? Damn, I feel really old now

Not as old as me, I watched him play in Buffalo with OJ, in fact they were room mates.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice. Yeah, turning 50 in March. Luckily I got off my butt a few years back, dropped 80lbs and have kept it off. Not getting any younger. I would have loved to have watched players like Dick Butkus, Jim Brown etc.

THE TABS

Reaction score
3. Letting Michael McCrary walk back in ‘96.
2. Losing the Warren Moon bidding war to Houston.
1. WITH A BULLET, choosing Jack Patera over BILL WALSH as our inaugural head coach.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1xxvub77 said:
I'm only going to consider the current front office.

Trade for Harvin
Trade for Graham
2nd Extension for Kam
2nd Extension for Bennett
Signing Cary Williams
Cutting Benson Mayowa
Cutting Spencer Ware
Not resigning Golden Tate
Not resigning James Carpenter
Not cutting Walsh
Not cutting/firing Cable or Bevell

The trade for Harvin wasn't necessarily a bad trade, it's just how he was implemented, i.e. Bevell. He still had world class speed but was a mental case off the field. A good Offensive Coordinator would have been able to max his potential on option plays and wheel routes.

I think the second extension of Kam is a perfect reason why you don't ever sign aging vets to contracts, no matter what they've done for the team.

You also need to include the signing of Lacy/Walsh as a package deal here, two super-underwhelming players that gave no indication that they would perform at even an average level before they got here. Thought it was stupid the day it happened, I literally questioned what Pete was doing with the team.

Getting rid of Red and Mebane was the end of our run dominance at the line as well, although Wagner has made up for a lot of that.

The worst out of all of these was the 2nd Kam signing because we have dead money on the books for a few years now, and a substantial amount at that.

The Walsh/Lacy signings were bad for this year but don't really have long-term effects, unless you want to be thankful Walsh missed that last click to have us finishing at 9-7.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2es3u30f said:
bevellisthedevil":2es3u30f said:
Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.

Wasting #2 draft pick on Rick Mirer should be on that list as well.

Stevens was productive at times, just should have, and could have been much more.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The trade for Harvin was bad because he was a cancer of a person who infected our locker room and according to some “insiders “ the virus he spread still runs rampant.

RCATES

Reaction score
stizz19":1n8x64ws said:
RCATES":1n8x64ws said:
Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
#2 JG trade
#3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)

Take off the Homer glasses. Wilson is not a Elite. Today's words from Doug about the firing of DB and TC tell you all you need to know.
Baldwin on the team's offensive issues this year: "It’s really not the coaching. It's really not anything other than us not executing.''

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
RCATES":1ih6j1z1 said:
stizz19":1ih6j1z1 said:
RCATES":1ih6j1z1 said:
Easily

#2 JG trade

Take off the Homer glasses. Wilson is not a Elite. Today's words from Doug about the firing of DB and TC tell you all you need to know.
Baldwin on the team's offensive issues this year: "It’s really not the coaching. It's really not anything other than us not executing.''

Yeah, Wilson is only on-track to have HOF numbers by the time his career is over, he's not Elite. :pukeface:

Seriously, do you think Baldwin directed that at Wilson, or more at the five turnstyles imitating NFL-caliber offensive linemen in front of him?

Latest posts