Trade Jimmy Graham and 1st for J. Bosa

RynoHawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3dyjisuk said:
Largent80":3dyjisuk said:
No, OP.

Dude , you hated the new Star Trek and this idea is a dumb as your review of that movie.

Hasselbeck":3dyjisuk said:
This is one of the worst trade ideas I've ever seen.

Thunderhawk presented an idea supported with reasons. This idea lead to posters contributing more ideas, such as by bringing up concerns about Bosa's value. To some of us these ideas are interesting, thought-provoking, and entertaining. Whether you guys know it or not, you're discouraging these kinds of posts and that detracts more than it adds to the forum.

Preach brother. I've been trying to express this opinion and have been ridiculed for it.. Well stated brother ..;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ don't forget that Jimmy was one of the biggest chumps in the NFL until this Seahawks traded for him, though.

If Bosa is talented, chump or not, whichever fanbase is rooting for him won't have much trouble doing so, IMO.

massari

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28tnewf8 said:

Thread topic - Nov 2015: What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

Hasselbeck":28tnewf8 said:
- Rodgers
- Brady
- Luck
- Mariota (only because he's cheap and talented)
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger
- Carr (going to be in the conversation of best QB's in football in 4-5 years)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118302

Tumblr lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ TBF that thread was right after Wilson had been pretty below average for half the season, and right before he played like a total hall of famer for half a season. There's even someone in there saying Wilson doesn't have any trade value. :)

The second half of last year was kinda weird, as off the top of my head Wilson, Stafford, and Cousins all went from middling or worse first halves of the season to each throwing around 20+ TDs on like 2 or 3 INTs in the back half.

massari

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2vd0i0bj said:
^^^^ TBF that thread was right after Wilson had been pretty below average for half the season, and right before he played like a total hall of famer for half a season.
At that time right before he went off on that record streak last season, he was only 26 with three very successful seasons under his belt and some would trade him for a 39 year old Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger? C'mon Son.

Compare Wilson's stats/resume in his first three seasons to some of the all time greats. It's pretty remarkable. Added to the fact of being clutch,poised,great leader,can run ect.

That proposal is a million times worse that Graham+1st for Bosa, which seems like a fair trade, given Graham's health,age,salary.

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2pfl8ts8 said:
^^^ don't forget that Jimmy was one of the biggest chumps in the NFL until this Seahawks traded for him, though.

Exactly.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
massari":3ce8gqhf said:
Popeyejones":3ce8gqhf said:
^^^^ TBF that thread was right after Wilson had been pretty below average for half the season, and right before he played like a total hall of famer for half a season.
At that time right before he went off on that record streak last season, he was only 26 with three very successful seasons under his belt and some would trade him for a 39 year old Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger? C'mon Son.

Compare Wilson's stats/resume in his first three seasons to some of the all time greats. It's pretty remarkable. Added to the fact of being clutch,poised,great leader,can run ect.

That proposal is a million times worse that Graham+1st for Bosa, which seems like a fair trade, given Graham's health,age,salary.

I wasn't suggesting I agreed with those posts, just pointing out the context in which they were made.

Wilson played so out of his mind in the back half last year I think a lot of people probably forget that halfway into the season Hawks fans were starting to gripe that he might be overpaid or might have just cashed out on the new deal and stopped caring. With hindsight that's obviously, obviously not correct, but that's why hindsight is such a hell of a drug.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3256dzme said:
I think a lot of people probably forget that halfway into the season Hawks fans were starting to gripe that he might be overpaid or might have just cashed out on the new deal and stopped caring.

You state that as if all Seahawks fans were unified in that belief when most Seahawks fans were absolutely not thinking anything of the sort. Most correctly blamed it on the offensive line. When the offensive line play improved along with the quicker passing attack his numbers went through the roof but it is not like he was playing terrible the first half.

kearly

Reaction score
Any Seahawk fan who thought Wilson was ever over-paid is an idiot.

Back in 2014, when Wilson was having his career worst season, a statistics website calculated that Wilson was worth 3 points per game to his team. The highest impact non-QB in the NFL that year was JJ Watt, who was worth 1 point per game. So even Wilson at his worst still added triple the value of JJ Watt, while making essentially the same money.

QBs are so insanely valuable that if they are any good at all, they are making far less money than their contributions merit.

I mean, just imagine what you could do with the savings of not having Russell Wilson. You could sign Tjack to be your starting QB and then with the money you save you could sign Olivier Vernon or Malik Jackson! Championship!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1cmhtov9 said:
Largent80":1cmhtov9 said:
No, OP.

Dude , you hated the new Star Trek and this idea is a dumb as your review of that movie.

Hasselbeck":1cmhtov9 said:

Thunderhawk presented an idea supported with reasons. This idea lead to posters contributing more ideas, such as by bringing up concerns about Bosa's value. To some of us these ideas are interesting, thought-provoking, and entertaining. Whether you guys know it or not, you're discouraging these kinds of posts and that detracts more than it adds to the forum.

Damn didn't want to discourage a thread suggesting a trade that literally cannot happen.

BRB gonna make a thread saying we should trade Boykin for Antonio Brown.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":1kzcp7rc said:
Hasselbeck":1kzcp7rc said:

Thread topic - Nov 2015: What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

Hasselbeck":1kzcp7rc said:
- Rodgers
- Brady
- Luck
- Mariota (only because he's cheap and talented)
- Rivers
- Roethlisberger
- Carr (going to be in the conversation of best QB's in football in 4-5 years)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118302

Tumblr lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm

Because a thread that literally says this is for fun and purely fantasy is the same as saying trade Graham for Bosa with detailed reasons why. :lol:

dogorama

Reaction score
This thread is moot for all of the obvious reasons but how about a trade of Bennett for Bosa? What would that take? I certainly wouldn't give a 1st round. How bout you?

Latest posts