Turbin Released With Injury Settlement

randomation

Reaction score
Zeke would be good as well but he will be gone before the Hawks pick I think.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1h9mncdd said:
They do this so that if he is healthy at some point later in the year (after week eight) he can re-sign with the Hawks if he hasn't already signed with another club. Whatever his injury settlement is is what will count against the salary cap for 2015. He probably took a little less in the settlement than he would have if he sat on IR all season, but in the end it gives him a chance to play again in 2015 if the ankle heals, and will allow him in the end to make a little bit more this year even he signs a half year contract at the minimum salary. Win, win situation usually.

this.

Fred Jackson is not young, and if the worst were to happen, and he gets hurt/runs out of juice 6-8-10 weeks into the season, they can go pick up Turbin off the shelf, who hopefully will be mostly over the high ankle sprain (which usually takes an offseason to get completely over - Turbin's offseason starts now).

Good move for Turbin and the Seahawks, but there is always a chance he will sign elsewhere.

jake206

Reaction score
I'll say it again, the NFL is cold league. Don't produce...your outtuva job. Man, best of luck Turbo. He was a true pro.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if the reason they waited on the injury settlement was so that he wouldn't get claimed during the roster-making period for most teams. Most have shored up their RB rooms by this point. SEA eats a portion of his salary but hold out hope that he'll be available later in the year. I think he'll play this year, either here or somewhere else.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790279821856768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790417206276096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790513746604032[/tweet]

Class act.

crosfam

Reaction score
I hope he is healthy and we bring him back next year to be part of the RB mix. Wishful thinking, he will probably be starting for the Ravens. Or part of a tandem in Dallas.

I don't see us drafting in the top 3/4 of the first round for a few years now, so no top flight RB draft pick forthcoming. We will need guys like Rawls, low round picks or surprise FA to do well so we stay on top.

kearly

Reaction score
As DavidSeven says, the Seahawks would have released him with a settlement last Friday except that they wanted to protect him during the 53 man roster free agency frenzy.

Going the Mike-Rob method always made the most sense. There are certain guys out there who might as well be the 54th member of our roster. The Hawks cut them yet keep bringing them back when they are needed (LMJ, etc). I think Turbin is in that "54th roster member" category now.

McGruff

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":39yn2e82 said:
kearly":39yn2e82 said:
McGruff":39yn2e82 said:
Marvin49":39yn2e82 said:
....so I guess I'll go out on a limb and say they'll take a RB in the draft next year.

Derrick Henry.

I like him a ton, he's my favorite college back this year. But I think at this point he's a safe bet to be a top 15 pick. To run as fast as he does at 6'3" 238 is simply unreal. Very similar to Todd Gurley.

I expect Seattle to keep kicking the tires on second tier RBs.

Does a 6'3 back worry you? That would make him tied for the tallest RB in the league with Latavius Murray.

Steven Jackson was pretty tall. Pretty sure Eddie George was too.

Henry does run high and that might be a problem at the next level. He's a different kind of runner than Lynch, but so is everyone. He's tough to knock down, but it's mostly due to his bulk and good balance. Marshawn is all base.

Henry actually runs a lot like Shaun Alexander, but the red zone Shaun Alexander.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
always liked him as well although I never got the falling down stuff at times...Hope he finds success elsewhere!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Good luck Turbo.

I know someone who is gutted to see you go....

CvfiEPW

RiverDog

Reaction score
Marvin49":3jodr8z2 said:
Ya, but Lynch and Jackson aren't spring chickens. That offense needs a big time back, so I'd guess they take a RB in the first 3 rounds next year. Just a guess tho...ya never know what might happen.

Considering recent events, ie Turbo's injury/release and Michael's fall from grace, I'd say that you're probably right. What a few months ago appeared to be a position of strength has suddenly turned into a top priority for next season. Interesting how fast things can change.

themunn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":9weizo3x said:
kearly":9weizo3x said:
McGruff":9weizo3x said:
Marvin49":9weizo3x said:
....so I guess I'll go out on a limb and say they'll take a RB in the draft next year.

Derrick Henry.

I like him a ton, he's my favorite college back this year. But I think at this point he's a safe bet to be a top 15 pick. To run as fast as he does at 6'3" 238 is simply unreal. Very similar to Todd Gurley.

I expect Seattle to keep kicking the tires on second tier RBs.

Does a 6'3 back worry you? That would make him tied for the tallest RB in the league with Latavius Murray.

No way, Steven Jackson is about 6'2 and had he been on any team other than the craptastic late 00s Rams would be talked about as one of the top 3 backs of the 00s. Arguably he is anyway.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3kcqfwu6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790279821856768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790417206276096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobT_33/status/641790513746604032[/tweet]

Class act.

Great notes, and if you are reading Turbo enjoy a minute to catch your breath.

But don't relax, you are not done yet.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3l9uhpfk said:
Laloosh":3l9uhpfk said:
Marvin49":3l9uhpfk said:

They have been picking up a big FA (scratch that, trading for a big time player, not picking up a FA) every season and trading away their first rounder. You just never know.

Ya, but Lynch and Jackson aren't spring chickens. That offense needs a big time back, so I'd guess they take a RB in the first 3 rounds next year. Just a guess tho...ya never know what might happen.

Ezekiel Elliott, please.