(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

Steve2222

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":248p5jh7 said:
Steve2222":248p5jh7 said:
Can’t wait for Russell and Doug to torch him twice a year.

You are being funny, I hope.

First, our offense is a wet paper bag that doesn't "torch" anyone. Second, Sherm knows it like his own skin.

Pretty sure Wilson led the league in TDs and was second in the league in yardage last year, so no, I’m not being funny.

Continue to dismiss Russell though. It’s amusing.

NJlargent

Reaction score
ducks41468":16y0ycau said:
pmedic920":16y0ycau said:
FlyingGreg":16y0ycau said:
Steve2222":16y0ycau said:

First, our offense is a wet paper bag that doesn't "torch" anyone. Second, Sherm knows it like his own skin.

Sherman knows very little of our new OC, and nothing about the new playbook.

It's Pete's offense, so we'll likely be seeing much of the same thing this year. Maybe some of the playcalling will change but the overreliance on all-or-nothing plays and the obstinate conservativism will remain.

I hope not. Otherwise I can see Sherm handing Caroll the ball after he picks it on 3rd and 12.

Steve2222

Reaction score
pmedic920":135e7isq said:
FlyingGreg":135e7isq said:
Steve2222":135e7isq said:

Sherman knows very little of our new OC, and nothing about the new playbook.

Sherman is also not blanketed by ET anymore, so have fun Sherm.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I hate it, but I will be honest did we really expect anything different from him. The moment we cut him I knew in my heart exactly where he would go. I am pretty sure I would have done the same thing. Except putting on that jersey, and helmet, would give me 3rd degree burns, and rectal bleeding.

chris98251

Reaction score
39 million at 90 percent is what close to 33 million, or 11 million a year about what his last year here was going to be, I would not be surprised if he worked the numbers with that included to basically say to John I was worth every penny you didn't pay.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I am wrong to expect another Okung-like deal when the final details are released? I will be surprised if there are more than a few million in guarantees after the first year.

The $5 million signing bonus is an indication that this deal will look team friendly.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Good for him. $39 million for 3 years. That's a boat load he wouldn't have seen here. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what the cap is all about:

1) Find good players.
2) Win with great players.
3) Get rid of great players just before they become good again.

I had kind of a dark dream when I read this news. I could just imagine Russ throwing a pick to Sherm in the Red Zone and Sherman "mean muggin" Bevell. I think I would have smirked at that. But, not happening now.

New leaves are turning 12's. We have new reasons to cheer and old memories to smile about.

GO HAWKS!!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't blame Sherm for this. Sure, he might play us with a chip on his shoulder. This is how he motivates himself. Nothing wrong with it.

The 49ers offered his some damn fine money. He just got a RAISE coming off of a huge injury. It's his home area.

Don't take it personally. It sucks, yeah, but its best for him and his family.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I was feeling very sad yesterday at the thought of Sherman leaving. This snapped me out of it...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nuts!

My worst fear is that he stayed in the division is realized.

Despise the ‘Digits’, now have zero time for RS.

Think this is a BS move by RS; but hey, he can do whatever he likes.

renofox

Reaction score
Great move by Sherm to get some big bucks. Also helps the Seahawks by sucking a whole lot of cap $ from the 49ers for very little return. (I don't believe RS will come back and be a top 15 CB - injury/age/position combined just too long of odds - even top 30 will be a long shot)

ducks41468

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1aro4sh5 said:
Good for him. $39 million for 3 years. That's a boat load he wouldn't have seen here. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what the cap is all about:

1) Find good players.
2) Win with great players.
3) Get rid of great players just before they become good again.

I had kind of a dark dream when I read this news. I could just imagine Russ throwing a pick to Sherm in the Red Zone and Sherman "mean muggin" Bevell. I think I would have smirked at that. But, not happening now.

New leaves are turning 12's. We have new reasons to cheer and old memories to smile about.

GO HAWKS!!!

I'd be a lot more optimistic if we had more than a small handful of young, talented players waiting in the wings (Shaq, Clark, and Naz are pretty much it). Right now it just looks like we're jettisoning productive players and getting little to nothing in return. We need to absolutely nail at least this one of the next two drafts and add multiple Bennett's through free agency

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Good luck to Richard Sherman.

Except 2 weeks a year & I get to pick which 2.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't relish the thought of seeing him in a 49ers uniform, but I'm happy for him. He got paid more than I thought he would get and he gets to play in his home state. It's just business in the modern NFL. Sucks, but what you gonna do?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Schefter saying they expect him ready for training camp? Didn’t he tear it in November? That would be a shockingly fast recovery for any human. I’m surprised no one has talked about real chance he starts on PUP. Explosiveness etc generally not normal until over a year after. Plus 9ers garbage turf?