(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rocket":jrtmmi80 said:
SHERMAN FAILED PHYSICAL... according to the Seahawks release announcement.
Have them Ninnies given the man a physical?

Where can I get a cheap Ninnie 25 T-shirt with a big green circle with a big green line thru the big green circle... cuz I feel hurt. Let down. The man is a Ho. A damn Ho. I'm in mourning.

HAHAHAHA. :p

James in PA

Reaction score
Ok, my emotions just went from sadness to anger in the span of 24 hours. Dick move, IMO. Same bitter Sherman we’ve seen the past couple years. Only older & slower now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atradees

Reaction score
5 million to sign? This is what u get when you represent yourself. I would expect twenty to sign and eighteen over three with the last year the highest and like 13 million.

I do wish him well. We can be better.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
i'm just thankful he gave us something new to complain about because for a few seconds i thought we werent going to be the whiniest, bitchiest fan base in the NFL.

hoxrox

Reaction score
As great as he was for us, he was prone to getting burned on certain plays, especially against faster and shiftier receivers. And this is before the achilles injury.

Both sides had to make a business decision. He was no longer worth the value he was going to be paid, and he got a good deal from the 9ers.

It's all good.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JSeahawks":12tsrl6b said:
i'm just thankful he gave us something new to complain about because for a few seconds i thought we werent going to be the whiniest, bitchiest fan base in the NFL.

8)

big-foam-finger-8-colours-available-colour-green-8151-p.jpg

hawkfannj

Reaction score
30 years old CB coming off of torn Achilles is risky no matter who they are can’t fault the hawks here for not paying up I’d play the odds too . We got the best out of him here in Seattle and I thankful for his service but I’m betting your not going to see the same player is San Francisco he had a special skill set that I think might not work as great in a different system in all it .basically sucks he is a 9er that’s the only part I don’t like .

Jase

Reaction score
pmedic920":ftojvenx said:
He knows our WRs & QB like the back of his hand.

That works both ways.

Just sayin'.

adeltaY

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":4d8tq98f said:
Steve2222":4d8tq98f said:
FlyingGreg":4d8tq98f said:
Steve2222":4d8tq98f said:
Can’t wait for Russell and Doug to torch him twice a year.

You are being funny, I hope.

First, our offense is a wet paper bag that doesn't "torch" anyone. Second, Sherm knows it like his own skin.

Pretty sure Wilson led the league in TDs and was second in the league in yardage last year, so no, I’m not being funny.

Continue to dismiss Russell though. It’s amusing.

Said nothing about Wilson...drama much? Pay attention.

He led the league in TDs, yet we didn't make the playoffs. And passing yards are literally the worst metric to measure QB effectiveness. Stop.

Madden stats don't matter. Anyone with two eyes has seen this offense crap itself the last two seasons.

Yeah WTF, there was nothing anti-Wilson implied by Greg. If Sherman returns to pre-injury form, even 2017 form, he's going to be a problem for us twice a year. I think Doug has the skills to beat him with some regularity, but the rest of our receivers will need to be schemed open. I hope to heck Russ doesn't throw at him a bunch unless he's obviously become much worse than he was because that's just a bad idea.

Leading the league in TDs when there was only one other offensive TD scored the entire season is not a good thing for the team overall. I'm a staunch Wilson defender, but you gotta keep it real. Schotty runs an even more conservative offense than Bev, so I'm not hopeful that we're going to surprise or fool anyone at this point. I hope that Pete emphasizes that kind of creativity, but it's unlikely he will.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":13zh4l98 said:
pugs1":13zh4l98 said:
I get the business side of this. Three years 39 million is more money than I think he would have gotten anywhere else. Selfishly I wanted him to go somewhere I could root for him and be happy for him but now I have to root against him. All I can say is this sucks!
Richard Sherman’s deal includes a $5M signing bonus, plus $2M base salary, $2M in 46-man roster bonuses, $1M playtime incentive and $3M Pro Bowl incentive in 2018.

A lot hinges on pro bowl. Another 16m becomes guaranteed in subsequent years if he makes it in 2018. Pretty unique structure. He is betting on himself (and voters?) a lot. If he has a set back or injury it’s pretty much up in smoke.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2o7srvvl said:
SkyHawks16":2o7srvvl said:
pugs1":2o7srvvl said:
I get the business side of this. Three years 39 million is more money than I think he would have gotten anywhere else. Selfishly I wanted him to go somewhere I could root for him and be happy for him but now I have to root against him. All I can say is this sucks!
Richard Sherman’s deal includes a $5M signing bonus, plus $2M base salary, $2M in 46-man roster bonuses, $1M playtime incentive and $3M Pro Bowl incentive in 2018.

A lot hinges on pro bowl. Another 16m becomes guaranteed in subsequent years if he makes it in 2018. Pretty unique structure. He is betting on himself (and voters?) a lot. If he has a set back or injury it’s pretty much up in smoke.

That's a "fake" contract. An experienced agent never would have let him sign that deal. That's like a $6 million cap hit, and then very few guarantees after the first year. Making the Pro Bowl is highly unlikely, even if he plays well.

The Breh

Reaction score
Yesterday "OMG I'm gonna miss you Sherm" :cry:
Today "Traitor, what a dick !" "All my love for you is gone !" :evil:

He thrives off this kind of stuff, and to insinuate he owes it to US to not play for a rival ?!
For that kind of loot ?!
Playing against old comrades is always fun, especially given his circumstances.

There are some awfully entitled folks in here.

None of these players owe any of us shit.
These rapid change of hearts as shown here is exactly why.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
hawknation2018":124s36yl said:
Coug_Hawk08":124s36yl said:
SkyHawks16":124s36yl said:
pugs1":124s36yl said:

That's a "fake" contract. An experienced agent never would have let him sign that deal. That's like a $6 million cap hit, and then very few guarantees after the first year. Making the Pro Bowl is highly unlikely, even if he plays well.

Sorry I was wrong, the bonus for ‘18 is probowl, 19-20 guarantee is actually ALL PRO (unlikely to be earned). This is very friendly for the 9ers. It’s seems probable he makes 9-10m this year and then is cut.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If we chose not to match that deal, then we are idiots. Just like if we chose not to match the Okung deal, then we were idiots. But I can't be sure we were given that opportunity.

Seymour

Reaction score
The move makes sense. I'm not worried he knows our guys, we know him also. This ougha fire up that rivalry again that is for sure.

So 5 games makes "a great QB"? :roll:

RussB

Reaction score
I dont get why some posters are mad at him though. Thats exactly how Sherman is, hawks kicked him to the curb. So hes now trying to stick it right back in their face. Thats who hes always been as a player, he gets fired up when he has a chip on his shoulder.

He will be ready to face seattle and will be motivated.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RussB":u9isgenp said:
I dont get why some posters are mad at him though. Thats exactly how Sherman is, hawks kicked him to the curb. So hes now trying to stick it right back in their face. Thats who hes always been as a player, he gets fired up when he has a chip on his shoulder.

He will be ready to face seattle and will be motivated.

I liked the point Sherm made about Earl wanting a new contract when he still has a year left. Teams don't honor contracts and cut players during their contracts like they just did to Sherman all the time. Why are players expected to honor contracts when teams don't?

The Breh

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2bmpu9c1 said:
A great big middle finger to JS, PC and the 12's.
You stay "loyal" to former employers who cut you loose ?
You don't go for a higher paying job closer to where you grew up ?
You settle for less than what's offered and the shot for a fresh start somewhere else, just so former coworkers and people you will never meet who will abruptly turn their back on you, may like you more ?

Sounds immature and foolish to me.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
People who blame Sherman for signing with SF have no idea how real life works. Loyalty is for suckers.