(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I don't like it but I get it. Sad reality is he's going to be better on that team than ours the way it's shaping up.

Steve2222

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2aurcse1 said:
I don't like it but I get it. Sad reality is he's going to be better on that team than ours the way it's shaping up.

Yeah because he’ll definitely shine more without Earl Thomas over the top.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Good God that's a lot of money for a 30 year old corner. They'd better hope that tendon is in great shape.

This only turns up the heat on Pete's seat. If Sherman even starts 16 games and we do anything less than splitting the series, he and John will be seen as played chumps.

I hope they've got an ace up their sleeve, but looking at the free agents and our paltry draft capital, I have no idea what they've got in mind to reload that position.

I'm sure Cary Williams is still available...

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Michael Bennett is definitely the bigger loss of the two.

That is because we have some solid options at corner. Shaquill Griffin is in the 2nd year of his rookie deal. Justin Coleman is a Restricted Free Agent. Byron Maxwell would be foolish not to re-sign here. And I'm personally curious about Deandre Elliott, who showed a lot of potential before getting hurt last year.

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack is a 49er fan (he's from San Jose) who also likes the Seahawks. At least Richard Sherman will make it easier for me to watch their other games with him even if I still don't want them to win.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
dbmack":3sctjcmn said:
mr dbmack is a 49er fan (he's from San Jose) who also likes the Seahawks. At least Richard Sherman will make it easier for me to watch their other games with him even if I still don't want them to win.

My condolences. J/K :p

hawkpride

Reaction score
Good for Sherm, cant blame him as he was released by our FO.
But maybe there is more to the story, such as his injury and time of recovery, and I have other thoughts as well as to why he choose the niners. He still may be back in the future. 8)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":5mb82589 said:
Shanegotyou11":5mb82589 said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":5mb82589 said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972636160529924096
didnt think it would be these thx sherm for all you done but this sucks
3-year deal worth $39M, source said. $5M signing bonus

Gross. He will play with a chip on his shoulder vs us.
IKR this is a scummy move on his part but nevermind can finally forget about it now
If a team signed a contract with me and then decided not to honor it, I might sign with one of their rivals too.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Is there any reason we could not have actually traded him? Other teams didn't want his contract? This is not good for the 'Hawks.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Steve2222":1ubbkk7f said:
flmmkrz":1ubbkk7f said:

Yeah because he’ll definitely shine more without Earl Thomas over the top.

I didn't write it properly, I meant better off on that team than ours. That teams trending up, I'm not sure it's going to be as rosy as the last 5 games were last season for them but things do look darker here at the moment.

pugs1

Reaction score
I get the business side of this. Three years 39 million is more money than I think he would have gotten anywhere else. Selfishly I wanted him to go somewhere I could root for him and be happy for him but now I have to root against him. All I can say is this sucks!

jmahon316

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1rcouqkp said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1rcouqkp said:
Shanegotyou11":1rcouqkp said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1rcouqkp said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972636160529924096
didnt think it would be these thx sherm for all you done but this sucks
3-year deal worth $39M, source said. $5M signing bonus

Gross. He will play with a chip on his shoulder vs us.
IKR this is a scummy move on his part but nevermind can finally forget about it now
If a team signed a contract with me and then decided not to honor it, I might sign with one of their rivals too.

Even if it was in your final year, you were 30 years old, and you had achilles surgery on both your ankles, AND you had a cap hit of 11 million when your team is cap deprived?

Yeah, it sucks that he went to a division rival, but you come on be realistic.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
pugs1":2zpjwb9y said:
I get the business side of this. Three years 39 million is more money than I think he would have gotten anywhere else. Selfishly I wanted him to go somewhere I could root for him and be happy for him but now I have to root against him. All I can say is this sucks!
Richard Sherman’s deal includes a $5M signing bonus, plus $2M base salary, $2M in 46-man roster bonuses, $1M playtime incentive and $3M Pro Bowl incentive in 2018.

Rocket

Reaction score
SHERMAN FAILED PHYSICAL... according to the Seahawks release announcement.
Have them Ninnies given the man a physical?

Where can I get a cheap Ninnie 25 T-shirt with a big green circle with a big green line thru the big green circle... cuz I feel hurt. Let down. The man is a Ho. A damn Ho. I'm in mourning.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Steve2222":2tw151z5 said:
FlyingGreg":2tw151z5 said:
Steve2222":2tw151z5 said:
Can’t wait for Russell and Doug to torch him twice a year.

You are being funny, I hope.

First, our offense is a wet paper bag that doesn't "torch" anyone. Second, Sherm knows it like his own skin.

Pretty sure Wilson led the league in TDs and was second in the league in yardage last year, so no, I’m not being funny.

Continue to dismiss Russell though. It’s amusing.

Said nothing about Wilson...drama much? Pay attention.

He led the league in TDs, yet we didn't make the playoffs. And passing yards are literally the worst metric to measure QB effectiveness. Stop.

Madden stats don't matter. Anyone with two eyes has seen this offense crap itself the last two seasons.