Update on Sharkhawk (A NOTE FROM JON NEW)

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
HansGruber":18xv7a5m said:
Radish, if you still have contact with SharkHawk, can you send him the following info:

Clostridium Difficile is normally caused by anitbiotics. If you have contracted CDF 3 times in a year, than it's a high likelihood that the CDF is recurring due to a high dosage of prescribed antibiotics. If you are a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy treatments, this can also cause CDF by killing and stifling the growth of helpful bacteria in the gut.

One of the best things you can do to help treat Clostridium Difficile is to start taking probiotics. You want to increase the helpful bacteria in your gut. The probiotics will help your body naturally fight the bacterial infection by bringing balance back to your digestive system. Yogurt is a great natural probiotic and there are also some great concentrated probiotics at GNC and Whole Foods. You may want to stick with the concentrated probiotics until your gut gets balanced again.

Whole Foods and GNC both sell time-release or capsule probiotics that are formulated to survive your stomach acid and release into the intestines. Stick with this type of probiotic. This article has good info:
http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/digestiv ... z2nfojPTZn

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Done and thank you

:les:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wow... Hans is a a flying banana genie, Samurai of Smack AND a freakin doctor!? Your legend grows daily my friend. I am truly awed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HansGruber":bl97h37l said:
Radish, if you still have contact with SharkHawk, can you send him the following info:

Clostridium Difficile is normally caused by anitbiotics. If you have contracted CDF 3 times in a year, than it's a high likelihood that the CDF is recurring due to a high dosage of prescribed antibiotics. If you are a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy treatments, this can also cause CDF by killing and stifling the growth of helpful bacteria in the gut.

One of the best things you can do to help treat Clostridium Difficile is to start taking probiotics. You want to increase the helpful bacteria in your gut. The probiotics will help your body naturally fight the bacterial infection by bringing balance back to your digestive system. Yogurt is a great natural probiotic and there are also some great concentrated probiotics at GNC and Whole Foods. You may want to stick with the concentrated probiotics until your gut gets balanced again.

Whole Foods and GNC both sell time-release or capsule probiotics that are formulated to survive your stomach acid and release into the intestines. Stick with this type of probiotic. This article has good info:
http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/digestiv ... z2nfojPTZn

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Interesting stuff. I've been watching a show called Food Hospital, it's out of England and is really interesting. They recommended B. infantis 35624 to a young girl that had issues and it really helped her. I've found it to be very helpful.

http://www.aligngi.com/how-align-probiotic-supplement-works

tom sawyer

Reaction score
please get better, our thoughts are with you and your family

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Like everyone says, hang in there friend. I'll find a place in my thoughts and prayers for you. You're missed.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Get well soon man and hope to see you back on .Net in time for the Super Bowl celebration

Zorn76

Reaction score
SharkHawk - I'm new here but would be remiss if I didn't wish you the best in dealing with your situation. Godspeed to you and your family.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'll never forget the kindness Shark showed me in a post after the playoff loss. Pull through buddy. As an aspiring teacher, I always looked forward to your insights on football and life alike. We're rooting for you.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this, and at only 40 years old. I hope things start looking up and you have a full and speedy recovery Shark. Hang in there bud.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is very saddening for me, had several PM converstaions with Shark over the years, his posts always informative and detailed. Never minded a long post if it was subject oriented and his style made it an easy read for me.

I pray that Hans's message gets to him and is a gift for the Holidays for Shark, prayers and best wishes to him and his family.

Reaction score
I don't know ya man,but you are a fellow 12 and that's good enough for me. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. Hang in there and have a merry Christmas and enjoy the Hawks in the 'Bowl. :fam:

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Good health soon brother. Hope we can get together soon here in the valley or wherever you are in the valley or Utah. It would be nice to talk with some knowledgeable local Seahawk fans. Not many that I know of in Utah.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm humbled by the comments and out pourings of our members for Jon.

I have passed all your messages on.

:les:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I had Clostridium Difficile when I was a kid, its pure misery.

I always liked going to The Lounge to read one of his long, random, sometimes wise, sometimes funny, sometimes sad posts. He also got me hooked on the NCAA forum with his knowledge of every high school prospect within 500 miles of Utah.

I hope he gets well, he's had a tough go of it, and he is missed here.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I know I speak for all of us in Utah when I say that your amazing insight into local Utah athletics and connections are a huge impetus in why I became so hooked on .net. I would read every word of the amazing detail and personal experiences you had with local athletes from high school through BYU. Stuff you couldn't find anywhere else. I look forward to these posts again real soon Jon.

I'll always remember Sharks touching signature tribute to his father. It was something like "Gone, but never forgotten". That touched me very much. Jon, if you're reading this know that I'm praying for you. You have so much to live for and you are going to beat whatever it is you're going through.