Update on Sharkhawk (A NOTE FROM JON NEW)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Sending thoughts and prayers your way Shark!

Keep fighting, stay positive!
We're all in this life one day at a time.
Just make the next one better!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Concerned for Sharkhawk. HansGruber's post should prove to be very helpful. Sent a PM to Radish about another said to be highly effective treatment for C-Diff to pass along - in case Sharkhawk is not aware of it.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Here is a note from Jon and he is hoping to be able to post here today.

Thank you all for taking time out of your day to send thoughts his way. I'm humbled by the outpouring of our members and a special thank you to those offering known medical advice.

I salute you all.

Les,

I just got done reading the thread and I can hardly see straight. My eyes are so blurry from a torrential downpour of tears. Thank you thank you thank you. I was really at my giving up point, and your message seemed to hit at just the moment it needed to. I truly felt I was going this alone, as it has been five years and I've just gotten worse. I moved away and am in a new neighborhood now and have no friends here. My other friends were all my fellow teachers, and they are all too busy to hang out with a sick guy.

I know I can be longwinded (I think I do it more to be funny than anything at this point), but I was left utterly speechless after reading that thread. I just felt my heart fill with hope and happiness and kindness. Thank you for facilitating this. I wasn't out looking for attention. I was trying to lay low and not mess up any more parts of my life. I just have been in such a bad place.

I've felt so totally and completely alone. My wife and kids love me, but they have lives to live and don't have the energy to deal with every single setback I have. They sure try, but it is wearing them out too. They have to go to movies and such to get away from me and have a break from the sadness. I totally get it. Nobody wants to watch somebody die.

Tell everybody I am boosted so much right now and am having a real cleansing cry. They can call me a wuss or a baby if they want. I don't care anymore. I'm proud that those fine folks made me cry because I REALLY needed it badly. I needed to let it out. That pushed me over the edge. Thank you DOTNET and especially my long-time pal and voice of reason (who replaced my Dad and doesn't even know it!) Les Norton.

I love you all. I mean that. I'd do anything I could for any of you. I promise to get my self gathered and drop in and read the rest of the board and say thanks tomorrow. As for now... I'm just going to finish up a day that was really terrible and realize that it turned out pretty darn good, and I'm a truly blessed person who has more friends than one person deserves.

Thanks Les! I am so grateful that I have a friend like you who genuinely cares about people and "gets it". You know what life is all about and what matters. You always are there to offer a kind word or a bit of friendly advice, and you've never been wrong in all interactions with me. Your way of just approaching people kindly and letting them know that you're here as a support is huge. Thank you Les. Tell Mark and Aros a million thank yous as well.

I'd love to meet the Utah guys and talk Hawks. It would be awesome.

I'll hope I can log in and post tomorrow. If not... feel free to paste in some of this if you have time!

Jon

uncle fester

Reaction score
Good to hear!

A boost to your state of mind can help, even if it can't provide a cure.

:)

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm really glad Jon is experiencing the family we are at .NET....Means a lot in troubled times to have the support group, and of course you as the leader Les!!! May today be a great day for him, and may tomorrow be a step closer to getting better and better!!!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Always compete, Jon! Don't let that nasty c-diff get you down. You are a valued member here and we want you to be healthy and happy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Man, that made ME tear up. Jon, I am glad we could all chip in to help in any way. Make sure that if there is anything I could do to help personally, I will.

And to my fellow 12's here.....Take a minute to contemplate what transpired here. The power of thoughts creates positive energy.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Jon,

You are not alone, brother!

You have so much going for you. My god man, your wife painted your house in Hawks colors-you are loved. I remember when you posted about getting too worked up over a Seahawks loss and realizing how it looked to your kids. That just proves what an influence you truly are to them. They need you. And while every day life has to go on for them, you can use that emotion to be their biggest cheerleader. Being a man, a real man, isn't about your physical gifts-it is about putting others first.

I pray that your health takes a turn for the better, and it is my sincere hope that no matter what, your emotional well-being is always positive.

And you have the most ravenous group of fans in the world also cheering YOU on!

Go Hawks!

Reaction score
WOW :shock:
....what a thread....

Jon, brother, I send you my prayers 3,000 miles away.
Truly know that we are all part of YOUR family.
Every single member of this board will lift you up and help you find strength & comfort.
....and there IS strength in numbers !!!

Blessing to You, your wife, and family !!!

.....way to go .NET (12's) :icon_new:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jon,

As Carroll says, always compete brother. Keep fighting there. Just know that there are a lot of people who are pulling for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Largent80":3oduhiel said:
Man, that made ME tear up. Jon, I am glad we could all chip in to help in any way. Make sure that if there is anything I could do to help personally, I will.

And to my fellow 12's here.....Take a minute to contemplate what transpired here. The power of thoughts creates positive energy.

Kind of amazing, honestly.

RockHawk

Reaction score
You're a good egg Jon, so do as the others here say and get past this thing so you can post more! Yea, maybe that sounds a bit selfish but it's meant to. :)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hang in there, old friend. This world needs people like you in it, and this forum needs you around even more :th2thumbs:

Keep fighting!

thebanjodude

Reaction score
The Radish":uwxgdl1i said:
I'd love to meet the Utah guys and talk Hawks. It would be awesome.
Jon

I for one would be up for this. I've missed Sharkhawk over the last year. Love to have a Utah get together during the playoffs or something.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Hey Shark,

We've definitely missed you, and I was happy to read your writing again even if the news was not ideal. I am so sorry for what you've been going through with the illness and the teaching job - I know how much you love it. But as tough as things are, you are definitely not alone - your family loves you very much and we are all here for you. Don't give up, because you are stronger than maybe you think: it takes a big person to recognize and admit when there is a problem, as you did and freely confessed about the remote/anger management incident, and there are probably other examples you can think of. I repeat DO NOT give up - you need to see the Hawks win their first championship, right? And then you need to see just how many times they can win it, you get the picture :D

I'll be praying for you to get better soon and then go from there. Hang in there my man!

cheers /td

OrFan

Reaction score
Jon, you might want to get your computer checked out. There is only supposed to be a limited amount of energy being brought in to it, I think yours may be getting over loaded. That, my friend, is a good thing!

Don't ever give up. The body is simply a transport device for the mind, it is controlled by the mind. I know for a fact that you have a mind that can make your body do just what you want it to. If you really read what the others here have posted, you will realize they believe this also.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm glad we could give you a booster, Jon. Hang in there. The world needs people like you.

grizbob

Reaction score
Get over it Jon this place is better with you around! and as Les would say read your PMs

kearly

Reaction score
Shark is in desperate need of positivity in his life. I spoke with him via PM several months back and I urged him to be more positive if only because mindset is a major factor in life situations like these. I've seen it first hand when I've had relatives given weeks to live but held on for years because they never gave up.

Unfortunately, I could tell this message fell on deaf ears when I communicated it to Shark. It's the negativity and self-defeat that worries me with him. He seems resigned to me, when he absolutely shouldn't be. I wish I could do more than advise and pray, but really it's all up to him and he needs to own that. Not just for himself, but for his family. His mental outlook is going to be the difference in whether he's alive or not a couple years from now.

Latest posts