Visiting Fans

Rob12

Reaction score
irocdave":101ccq1g said:
Rob12":101ccq1g said:
irocdave":101ccq1g said:
Rick88":101ccq1g said:
I really didn't want to go down this road at all, its been 10 years. Just wanted some opinions about bringing my family to a game. I live in Portland, surrounded by Seahawks fans......I've had the discussion several hundred times probably.

Dude, I hope you have a good time at C link, but this is exactly what I am telling you to be aware of. Your blinded by Stealer homerism, Hawk fans are not. Hawks got screwed in that game, defend it all you want but only ignorant Stealer fans saw it that way. You walk in to C link with that ignorance your in for a long day and hopefully your young daughter doesn't get to see her daddy get his ass kicked. My experience with Stealer fans is that they think they can lip off, spew their BS and walk away like nothing happened. You do that at C Link this Sunday and my money is one someone taking you to task. Why on earth would you take your 5 YO daughter to an NFL game at a away game?? Seriously, why?

You putting up the same lame ass defense as the other Stealers fans on this forum wins you no favors. Do that at the game and your getting your ass kicked. You better understand your surroundings and history bud or it will become a day you wont forget.

Do better, dude. Seriously. He deserved none of that.

He is of the same ilk that grandstanded in this forum after that debacle of a SB. I gave him outs, he didn't take them and showed his true colors. No, he did not deserve better. Stealer fans don't get the opportunity to rewrite history, especially on a forum that was affected the most. Apparently you were not around at the time and have no history of the events that took place. Stay on the sidelines and offer the olive branch to some one / fan base you actually were involved in. If you watched that game as a Hawk fan you would feel the same way, don't tell me to back off when it's clear your were not emotionally invested in the Hawks in 2005. Your post says more about you than me. I hate the Stealers and the outcome of that game. The Hawks were the better team and outplayed the Stealers. They had also suffered through so many years of shit that Hawk fans didn't deserve. You telling me to quite down is pathetic, STFU. The hawks had zero chance in that game, probably would have won it if it wasn't for the biased calls. Just STFU.

Loved this team since 1989. That day in 2005 was my worst day as a Seahawks fan before last year happened. Way to make assumptions. I've just been able to mostly move on, unlike you.

Nice tough guy routine. I think I'll talk when I want to talk. This isn't the Shack. Take your garbage elsewhere.

irocdave

Reaction score
Dude, I hope you have a good time at C link, but this is exactly what I am telling you to be aware of. Your blinded by Stealer homerism, Hawk fans are not. Hawks got screwed in that game, defend it all you want but only ignorant Stealer fans saw it that way. You walk in to C link with that ignorance your in for a long day and hopefully your young daughter doesn't get to see her daddy get his ass kicked. My experience with Stealer fans is that they think they can lip off, spew their BS and walk away like nothing happened. You do that at C Link this Sunday and my money is one someone taking you to task. Why on earth would you take your 5 YO daughter to an NFL game at a away game?? Seriously, why?

You putting up the same lame ass defense as the other Stealers fans on this forum wins you no favors. Do that at the game and your getting your ass kicked. You better understand your surroundings and history bud or it will become a day you wont forget.[/quote]

Do better, dude. Seriously. He deserved none of that.[/quote]

He is of the same ilk that grandstanded in this forum after that debacle of a SB. I gave him outs, he didn't take them and showed his true colors. No, he did not deserve better. Stealer fans don't get the opportunity to rewrite history, especially on a forum that was affected the most. Apparently you were not around at the time and have no history of the events that took place. Stay on the sidelines and offer the olive branch to some one / fan base you actually were involved in. If you watched that game as a Hawk fan you would feel the same way, don't tell me to back off when it's clear your were not emotionally invested in the Hawks in 2005. Your post says more about you than me. I hate the Stealers and the outcome of that game. The Hawks were the better team and outplayed the Stealers. They had also suffered through so many years of shit that Hawk fans didn't deserve. You telling me to quite down is pathetic, STFU. The hawks had zero chance in that game, probably would have won it if it wasn't for the biased calls. Just STFU.[/quote]

Loved this team since 1989. That day in 2005 was my worst day as a Seahawks fan before last year happened. Way to make assumptions. I've just been able to mostly move on, unlike you.

Nice tough guy routine. I think I'll talk when I want to talk. This isn't the Shack. Take your garbage elsewhere.[/quote]

Good for you, you were able to move on. I moved on but didn't forget. I was born in 1970 at Overlake Hospital and live in Kirkland until 82, Hawk fan since day one. Spent 9 years in Sacramento while still being a Hawk fan, moved back to Kirkland in 91. Went through the KB era, the move, PA buying the team, DE era, Holmy gutting a playoff team so he could build "his " team. Then to have what happened in SB40 happen? You can walk away from that like nothing happened? I guess good for you. I cant. The point I try and make is for people that just started following the Hawks, it may be another 30+ years until they have a legit shot at their favorite team winning but the history needs to be correct. The NFL like to just make shit go they way they want, if no one says anything, no one knows the difference. Just like todays ignorant Stealers fans. Were on the same bus, were just looking at it differently. Your younger and trust the internet provides this, the internet wasn't around for most of my time following the Hawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
irocdave, it took 10 years for the sting to wear off. It was the only Seahawks SB I got to watch with my dad, as he passed in early 2013.

As I've gotten older (I'm 34) and suffered some fairly major blows in life, I guess I was able to just finally put it in perspective. There's nothing I can do to change that day or what happened, so time has healed up that wound. It will always suck, but sometimes life has a cruel way of helping you focus on the things that are truly important.

On a football note, I'm more affected by last year's game. I hate the Patriots more, and that game WAS in our control. And we gave it away. I mean we literally handed Belicheck a Lombardi.