Wagz Jersey Should Be Retired

W

Welshers

When he calls it quits we should retire his jersey, even if he signs elsewhere for a years. There is a very strong argument that he is the greatest Seahawk of all time. He won the SB and became the top LB in the league. On top of this he was a natural leader and a soft spoken, good dude. Retire that number.

acer1240

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1wg6g11t said:
Retiring jerseys is stupid.

BS. Its an honor that should be reserved for the best of the best. Wagner fits that category.

Griffey, randy Johnson, Gary Payton, ichiro , Walter Jones....

Nobody deserves to wear those numbers.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
acer1240":3fhb7bfy said:
Hawkstorian":3fhb7bfy said:

BS. Its an honor that should be reserved for the best of the best. Wagner fits that category.

Except for Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice can wear whatever jersey he wants to.

acer1240

Reaction score
JustTheTip":56i7pj4g said:
acer1240":56i7pj4g said:
Hawkstorian":56i7pj4g said:

Ouch. That whole thing still stinks

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
acer1240":vhkbj8kq said:
Hawkstorian":vhkbj8kq said:

You just named two players who wore the same jersey, which kind of proves my point that no one really does or should care.

There are lots of ways to honor players other than deleting their jersey from the field. Retiring jerseys is for bad franchises who want to at least hold on to their rare few good players. Winning the SB convinced me that you what you should really want is so many great players that you can't retire all their numbers. We sort of had that for a few years and hopefully will again. Great teams don't retire any jerseys because in the end it's a team sport.

KinesProf

Reaction score
.[/quote]

Retiring jerseys is for bad franchises
Great teams don't retire any jerseys[/quote]

Bad franchise...

2f2263ac3d9decbad266f5e8a  hockey montreal lemaire

Elemas

Reaction score
JustTheTip":35tya0l2 said:
acer1240":35tya0l2 said:
Hawkstorian":35tya0l2 said:

Lmao!

acer1240

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":37ncm038 said:
acer1240":37ncm038 said:
Hawkstorian":37ncm038 said:

You just named two players who wore the same jersey, which kind of proves my point that no one really does or should care.

There are lots of ways to honor players other than deleting their jersey from the field. Retiring jerseys is for bad franchises who want to at least hold on to their rare few good players. Winning the SB convinced me that you what you should really want is so many great players that you can't retire all their numbers. We sort of had that for a few years and hopefully will again. Great teams don't retire any jerseys because in the end it's a team sport.

While I've always respected you I have to disagree.

Do you think anyone deserves to wear an Edgar Martinez jersey?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm saying, it only matters because we've made it a thing.

We've got guys out there wearing #24 for the Seahawks, and at first it seems weird, then ti's just normal. Let some backup TE wear #80. Wouldn't bother me a bit. Let some training camp DT wear #71. Wouldn't phase me.

Just me, I guess. I used to feel different. I'm getting soft in my old age.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
When the worst leader in pro sports Mark Messier came to the Vancouver Canucks he demanded his usual number 11. This number had been retired for a player who met an untimely death to brain cancer. The organization retired the number telling his family it would never be worn again. So Messier whines and gets the number because he's an ego inflated selfish ass...like Jerry Rice. There are a few more examples of players getting to wear retired numbers to satisfy their ego...so I can see it from both sides if it means anything or not.

acer1240

Reaction score
I get what storian is saying..

I just disagree. You make a good point Cyrus.

Remember the double storian?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
acer1240":145fy43o said:
I Remember the double storian?

Edgar's? Of course. In fact, if some young SS happened to be wearing #11 for the Mariners it would help bring back that memory more often.

Elemas

Reaction score
There’s several other forms of respect. The fact that jersey numbers have been put back into service kind of blows the whole idea out of the water in the first place.

acer1240

Reaction score
GemCity":wprtcpb3 said:
There’s several other forms of respect. The fact that jersey numbers have been put back into service kind of blows the whole idea out of the water in the first place.

Nope. Hang them from the rafters. The Largent thing kinda soured me so I get where storian is coming from but nobody should ever be worthy of having a 51 on their jersey