We just held a team to....

amill87

Reaction score
13 yards rushing. One three. A team that rushed for 200 on us.

I find it amusing that the Saints rushing against the Eagles is relevant but what we did to the Rams is not. Holding a team to 13 rushing yards is insane, regardless of who the team is.

*edit for spelling, thanks Jazzhawk!*

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think you ment to say 'amusing', but basically, I agree with you. Especially if they don't have Pierre Thomas.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1qu5exsd said:
I think you ment to say 'amusing', but basically, I agree with you. Especially if they don't have Pierre Thomas.

I think you meant to say 'meant' :D

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks wouldn't have given up 400+ yards to STL and TB had Dan Quinn not decided to sacrifice run defense to experiment with pass-rush packages in both games while Bobby Wagner rushed himself back to the field from an ankle sprain a game or two early.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Forget about all of that.

The Saints had 435 yards of rushing in their last three games before that MNF game and we held them to 44 yards. They actually think they're going to be able to run on us this time?

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Also wanted to add, the Rams were ranked 19th in rush offense and the Saints 25th.

And another fun fact? The Saints leading rusher had 549 yards rushing on the season. Russell Wilson had 539.

Seeker

Reaction score
amill87":vchocxrk said:
Jazzhawk":vchocxrk said:

now THAT's a counterpunch.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Well, I do think Kellen Clemons had something to do with that. The Saints QB requires a touch more consideration.

Point taken though. It's interesting that the Saints fans seem to think they are a smash mouth football team after one game against a so-so opponent

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2wh4xj6v said:
Well, I do think Kellen Clemons had something to do with that. The Saints QB requires a touch more consideration.

Point taken though. It's interesting that the Saints fans seem to think they are a smash mouth football team after one game against a so-so opponent

Clemens was the starter for the 1st Rams game though and they still ran at will.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seeker":2nxiadge said:
amill87":2nxiadge said:
Jazzhawk":2nxiadge said:

I think you meant to say centerpunch :16:

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Some interesting stats over the past 7 games:

The hawks have allowed an average of 82 yards a game vs the average rank of 19th rush offense. They have rushed for an avg 123 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 13th rank rush defense.

The saints have allowed an average of 103 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 14th rush offense. They have rushed for an avg 84 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 10th rank rush defense.

the hawks have allowed an average of 162 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 17th passing offense. They have passed for an avg of 204 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 14th rank pass defense.

the saints have allowed an average of 186 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 25th passing offense. They have passed for an avg of 284 yds a game vs the avg rank of the 11th rank pass defense.

So basically they have faced a pretty similar level of competition. The only thing the Saints do better is passing offense (duh) but we have a better passing defense, rushing defense, and rushing offense (again duh)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Seeker":2ague1ht said:
amill87":2ague1ht said:
Jazzhawk":2ague1ht said:

I Luv it.

;)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Seeker":36hnb1zo said:
amill87":36hnb1zo said:
Jazzhawk":36hnb1zo said:

Hilarious, but the n in now should be capitalized.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
amill87":1m0bzv0l said:
13 yards rushing. One three. A team that rushed for 200 on us.

I find it amusing that the Saints rushing against the Eagles is relevant but what we did to the Rams is not. Holding a team to 13 rushing yards is insane, regardless of who the team is.

*edit for spelling, thanks Jazzhawk!*

This is why I am just not buying into all the Saints hype. When you really dig deep, you have to consider the Hawks played the Rams, Niners and Cards defense to end the season. Even the Giants had a higher rated total defensive ranking. Guys are drawing a lot from those tough games and the Saints do not physically even come close to the likes of an NFCW team.

How about this tidbit? Everyone wants to dismiss the MNF game as ancient history, when it really wasn't that long ago, but the Saints got bitch slapped by the Rams on the ground both ways. Lynch put up a dollar on STL himself. The Saints and their new rushing game? 62 total for the team. Sproles and Thomas had 21 and 24.. yeah.

I already said it, Saints fans were talking stats before the MNF game and the teams were seriously mismatched. There is no stat to measure physicality. I don't care about stats for this game, but I find it hilarious that these guys trying to make an argument for the Saints go and cherry pick those stats and leave out the most recent ones.