We need a UDFA Thread

godawg

Reaction score
I understand that Trey Adams looked like crap at the combine, but I would bring him in as an UFDA, and see if he can turn it around.

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
DT Josh Avery shows some skills inside. I looked up a little tape of some SE Mo games and you can see him shedding blocks and getting some pressure. We can hope for some more depth inside.

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
Chris Miller ! This signing made my draft... COMON guys. GO watch the Baylor film and tell me #3 doesn't make you smile.....he needs coaching but seriously :lol: how can you not be talking about this guy? You put him in with Jordyn Brooks and our def looks way faster and more aggressive. When a wide receiver makes a catch anywhere they have to make a business decision if #3 is on the field. this is the kind of speed and willingness to run and hit that was really missing. He is pissed every time he doesn't get to hit someone at the end of a play haha. can't wait to see these guys on the field. :2thumbs:
If you found a way to focus him and Blair both on the field it would be so scary for teams.

Own The West

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":228s2xir said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockHuard/status/1254273444293668864[/tweet]

And he knows the 3-3-5 Pete was fooling around with a couple years ago. Maybe that's why we're loading up on LB and EDGE guys and ignoring the interior DT.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope Chris Miller is as good as Huard thinks but he did have a poor 40 yd time 4.6 for a DB. His time is about the same as Tedric Thompson. Tedric also looked fantastic in college but we saw how slow and lost he was in the NFL.

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
Gotta consider Game speed , not underwear Olympics. his hair is on fire. However I do agree with you that everything has to be seen through the NFL lens, and not the college one.

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WVUfootball/status/1254506535918632960[/tweet]

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3lefqwu7 said:
oldhawkfan":3lefqwu7 said:
Mistashoesta":3lefqwu7 said:
What’s an UFDA?

Something Norwegians say when they don’t like their teams draft choices?
Thread winner right there! :2thumbs:

UFF DA!! Why did the Seahawks REACH on that 2nd round pick, when they could have signed that dude as an Un-Drafted Free Agent (UDFA) ??!!! Must be too many freakin Swedes involved in making the pick.

olyfan63

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2rj757gx said:
Sports Hernia":2rj757gx said:
dutchcoug":2rj757gx said:
Sun Tzu":2rj757gx said:
I've heard two signings so far, Eli Mencer LB, and WSU QB Anthony Gordon.

Gordo!!! Wilson better watch out.
As a UW fan, I like this signing. A good get.

Crazy he didn’t get drafted but as Minshew showed last year, Leach can coach QB’s.

Championship!! In 2023, as the Bledsoe/Brady saga repeats, with Wilson playing Bledsoe and Gordon playing Brady.

Seriously, I just hope Gordon develops enough to be a good backup option at the NFL level.

RockinHawks

Reaction score

RockinHawks

Reaction score
olyfan63":2b046jcs said:
dutchcoug":2b046jcs said:
Sports Hernia":2b046jcs said:
dutchcoug":2b046jcs said:
Gordo!!! Wilson better watch out.

Crazy he didn’t get drafted but as Minshew showed last year, Leach can coach QB’s.

Championship!! In 2023, as the Bledsoe/Brady saga repeats, with Wilson playing Bledsoe and Gordon playing Brady.

Seriously, I just hope Gordon develops enough to be a good backup option at the NFL level.
I'm with you. He has good touch and accuracy, nice nimble feet and big hands.

BASF

Reaction score
Going down the list and watching some highlights, I like the Gavin Heslop signing. He may not have the straight line speed that is needed in the NFL, but his 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle from his pro day were very respectable. What he does have is a Charles Tillman like aptitude to get the ball out of a runners' hands. He was also blitzing with quite a bit of success. Should be interesting to see how he does with NFL coaching and competition.

Also, it is interesting that Marcus Webb is listed as a DT when he played a 3-4 DE in college. It may be that they want him to put on a few more pounds to see what he can do at the 3 technique, but his highlights were displaying more pass rusher than being able to play the run. It may be that they want him to play more a Red Bryant role.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RockinHawks":c3ui7kk7 said:
olyfan63":c3ui7kk7 said:
dutchcoug":c3ui7kk7 said:
Sports Hernia":c3ui7kk7 said:

I'm with you. He has good touch and accuracy, nice nimble feet and big hands.

I failed to mention the best part... we kept Evil Hoodie from getting his hands on this guy! He can't lead a Cheatriots 4th quarter SB56 comeback from the Seahawks bench!

Latest posts