We will win the next 4 games

Hawknballs

Reaction score
correction: we HAVE TO win the next 4 games.

and if bevel keeps calling games like this last one, we won't.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't think we can be beaten twice by the same team as well as be beaten twice in a row... so its likely we split the SFO/ARI games at 1 apiece.

Here's what we know: The offense will hopefully pull it's head out of its ass and Bevell specifically will make Lynch the focal point and identity.

Bench Okung, you don't have to shut him down, but give Alvin Bailey if healthy the chance to step-up.

Then hopefully within a month without anymore injury set backs we get a healthy Zach Miller/Max Unger back but the depth at TE/OC/OT will be improved in the long-run.

And basically the Seahawks until the first Arizona game doesn't really face a big time QB with a big time WR corps paired with a either a great ground game or stifling defense.

That's 5 games from now.

During that next month or so, Seahawks will likely get Simon, Maxwell, and Lane all back into the mix to fortify the 2ndary.

I think they should also keep Burley at NCB and let the other 3 compete at LCB the rest of the season and see if one of them is capable of stepping up in big time fashion much like Maxwell did last year when the Seahawks went without Browner/Thurmond for 4 games.

I also like to see Richard Sherman step up and follow the hot target or go-to WR from the first half in the 2nd half. Because its something different and a challenge, not only it creates the opportunity for QBs to try to force feed plays to their best WRs on instinct, but you're fighting fire with fire, and iron sharpens iron. Sherman is a gamer, and I feel the more pressure he feels that's on him, the more responsibility he has to actually be a shutdown CB, he more often than not rises up to those occasions and plays better and more focused.

So, its not far-fetched at all to believe the Seahawks can indeed win the next 4-5 games because they should be able to, they shouldn't expect blow-outs but if they can keep a balanced, consistent offense with Lynch leading the way to open up the horizontal and vertical passing attack, and WRs start to hold on the explosive down-field plays the Seahawks offense will be hard to beat.

I also think the pass-rush is on verge of a breakthrough performance and Quinn almost as the right recipe for success but the guys need to finish... and hope to god for no more injury setbacks only healthy returns and the secondary will start to trend up again.

If the Seahawks can get to the Arizona game in Seattle at 8-2. Then they pretty much control their own destiny in the NFC West with 5 of the last 6 being Division foes. And a big game vs a possible NFC East best Eagles depending how the Season plays out.

They likely could go 3-3, 2-4 finish 11-5, 10-6 and grab a WC.

Or finish strong and go 4-2, 5-1 with a12-4, 13-3 record and get a home game or three.

What I'm basically saying despite the negativity, there is a whole season to play out, and the reality of it is sure you cannot dictate the rest of the season based solely on the failures of one game and move forward with that negativity.

Teams, especially ones as good as the Hawks, don't crash and burn on 1 game.

After the @Houston/@Indy/Titans, fan faith was a little shaky and no one here was proclaiming the Seahawks championship calibur, then we destroyed the Cards on TNF, and we laid eggs against STL and TB that we were like. The Houston game lucky win, then again those same narratives crept in and fan belief in a Championship team was an All-Time Low. Then the Seahawks finally were able to make a 3 game run of dominance, and again we were the team to beat. Then we lose 2 out of the next and all of a sudden the Seahawks weren't good enough again. That was the 2013 season I remember.

So, I'm not going to get plastered over 1 loss... had the Seahawks lost to the Texans, Rams, or Bucs last year... it would have been an even worst meltdown mode, actually there was still pretty significant meltdowns but had we lost those games it would been much worse.

So, I'm not going to let one little loss sour the rest of the season. I even said it in one of the other threads that the Cowboys have a team built similarly to 5-1 Chargers that beat us in WK 2. Romo isn't playing at the League MVP level Rivers is but he's still playing like one of the top 7 QBs in the NFL and the Cowboys have a better O-Line, WR Corps, and RBs than the Chargers.

I just thought Bevell would have learned from his mistakes from that SD game and play ball-control offense and run Lynch down their throats. But he tried to the same things he did in SD, the offense became inept, and the Cowboys were able to exploit the Seahawks by dink and dunking their way downfield highlighted by an almost 10 minute drive in the 2nd QTR that resulted in a mere FG but took the Seahawks offense off the field and kept them from the opportunity to get into rhythm.

Chargers and Cowboys are no joke, they're very good teams, and both teams could very well be 6-0 right now if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot WK 1 with errors. Both teams are 5-1.

I just don't see @STL, @ Car, vs Oak, vs NYG, or @ KC having any of the big time strengths or able to run offenses in a way that can exploit the Seahawks and give them fits.

I also don't see Bevell running bad game-plans... 1 time its excusable, 2 times it's a problem, 3 failures with the same inept game-plan, he should just be fired with Cable taking over. Utilization of the strength of the offense is important. We have a run-blocking strong O-Line and the best powerback in the NFL. Establishing a dominant Run Game is important in opening up the way we do offense... even the horizontal approach. But it seems Bevell for some thinks he can sell the horizontal approach to up the middle of the defense as well as vertically. But its not working and we should go back to the traditional approach with the gimmicks used as constraint plays. If Bevell can't do that, he should be gone. But I think the Seahawks will go back to playing to their strengths, I think the WRs will start stepping up big, and the offense will play ball-control possession football that puts the defense in a more optimal position to create plays when opponents abandon the run game to play catch-up.

I think the Seahawks will figure this out... and I just don't think any of the teams in the next 5 games are good enough in the. Way SD and DAL are good enough to exploit the weaknesses the Seahawks have been showing both offensively and defensively. And each week barring any more injuries, those weaknesses are getting ironed out.

These 5 games are winnable, 8-2 looks like a good probability if things come together as they should.

If the Seahawks make it 8-2. And you look back with realistic expectations before the season, one would most likely say I'll take an 8-2 record.

And then you look back with hindsight, and you'll say damn look at that strength of schedule and the Seahawks are 8-2, I'll definately take that.

But one game at time,and we're on to St. Louis... 1-0 every week. Stay on schedule. Keep the faith.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Damn, I haven't rambled on like that for awhile now. That was all on phone too. Maybe it was due at one point or another.

Erebus

Reaction score
ringless":1ce240o6 said:
Cardinals have caused more false start penalties then anyone as of late.... Even more than Seattle...

We don't deserve that reputation anymore. I can't remember the last time an opponent had a false start in Seattle. Teams are too well-prepared nowadays.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ringless":1kmlxkmu said:
I know I feel much better about the game when you guys come to Arizona later in the season.

We are 11-3 in our last 14 games....
Seahawks are 10-4 in last 14 games...
49ers are 10-4 in last 14 games.....

We've lost one home game in the last 365 days....
Cardinals have caused more false start penalties then anyone as of late.... Even more than Seattle...

Carson Palmer is 9-2 in last 11 starts, completing 65.4% of passes for 3,087 yds, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 97.3 rating.

I know everyone here counted that game as a win... Does anyone now think it could be a possible loss now looking forward?

Everything is a possible loss moving forward. There is no intimidation to this team, on the road or at home.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm not ready to put Arizona in the NFC West driver's seat quite yet. Seattle still has the better pythag, which is a much better predictor than record is. A monte carlo using the pythag with an exponent of 2.37 shows a three way tie for the division based on the season so far. The next four weeks are obviously extremely important; in the runs where we win the next four then our mean win total increases from 10.1 to 11.5.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
I don't believe we have become a bad team overnight.we played a very poor game Sunday and only just lost.if Dallas hadn't got that 3rd and 20 we would have probably won the game,and fair play to Dallas for executing that play.I think that shows how tough we are to beat.I think this is a super bowl hangover that we need to sober up from quickly.the Dallas game may be the kick up the butt we needed because any team playing the champs will raise their game.I'm confident we will win the next few games.and we better against the 49ers cos I'm flying over for the game !!
Form is temporary class is permanent .

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1cd8z7e9 said:
Damn, I haven't rambled on like that for awhile now. That was all on phone too. Maybe it was due at one point or another.

If you could manage some semblance of brevity, I might be able to make it through one of your posts. :shock:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I still think this is Seattle's division to lose. AZ based on advanced stats, looks to be a little overrated. They rank near the bottom half on offense and defense if I'm not mistaken. This board(myself included lol) tend to overreact on a week to week basis.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not wavering off this stance by the way.

4-0 over the next 4.

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Hawknballs":h4m9rf7j said:
correction: we HAVE TO win the next 4 games.

and if bevel keeps calling games like this last one, we won't.
No we don't have to win the next 4.... Season isn't over if we go 2-2 or 3-1.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I can see them going 4-0, and then 2-2 with losses to SF and the Eagles.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If we win these next 2 games I think it will reestablish that we will be a huge factor come playoff time regardless of what other teams may or may not be doing.

ctrcat

Reaction score
The latest is that Hardy will not play next week after all, despite already missing 6 games. Maddening that the NFL makes up rules as they go, but a break for the Hawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ctrcat":1imhi8k0 said:
The latest is that Hardy will not play next week after all, despite already missing 6 games. Maddening that the NFL makes up rules as they go, but a break for the Hawks.
I've always considered the Carolina game to be linchpin to how our season will go. We win then we are looking at 12-14 wins and HFA. We lose then it's more like 10-11 wins and WC city.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
kmedic":2uv434o4 said:
How is no one worried about the Lambs? Firstly, they are a division opponent, and division games are always tough, particularly on the road.

This is just a baseless cliche that has been repeated for long enough that people believe it.

http://grantland.com/features/upon-init ... ew-week-3/

In all, the average margin of victory goes from 11.6 points in divisional games to a whopping 11.7 points in contests between teams who don’t play in the same division.

ctrcat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3mywc641 said:
ctrcat":3mywc641 said:
I've always considered the Carolina game to be linchpin to how our season will go. We win then we are looking at 12-14 wins and HFA. We lose then it's more like 10-11 wins and WC city.

Should be a good game. Cam playing at another level under less than ideal circumstances but that defense has shown to be a sieve without Hardy. Likely a higher scoring game than the last two years, to say the least.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2l30q5d5 said:

14 wins? I highly doubt we run off 11 straight.. lol

12 seems more realistic.. considering the 2nd half of the sched.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawk 17":1xwzvfae said:
I can see them going 4-0, and then 2-2 with losses to SF and the Eagles.

Those games are so far off in the distance.. you can't really say what will happen

For example, if we stop having injuries, we're going to look vastly different in mid-late November than we do now. You also cannot project additional injuries for us.. or for our opponents.

But these next 4, barring a major injury to say.. Wilson/Lynch/Thomas etc .. then I think its safe to project we should be favored in all 4.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ringless":1fuqjfa2 said:
I know I feel much better about the game when you guys come to Arizona later in the season.

We are 11-3 in our last 14 games....
Seahawks are 10-4 in last 14 games...
49ers are 10-4 in last 14 games.....

We've lost one home game in the last 365 days....

Carson Palmer is 9-2 in last 11 starts, completing 65.4% of passes for 3,087 yds, 20 TDs, 9 INTs, 97.3 rating.

I know everyone here counted that game as a win... Does anyone now think it could be a possible loss now looking forward?
One could ask you the same question, and because the health of our Seahawks could possibly be in tip-top shape by then, I still think we win BOTH matchups with the Cards.

Latest posts