Weather Forecast for Sunday....

fiverabbit

Reaction score
I posted this on the boards in January 2015:

"Maybe it's just me...but I think Russell struggles in the rain/wind. Although I do believe he is now 6-0 in the rain, I think the weather affects his handling of the ball (and we know how huge his hands are).
I was at the home game vs Oakland and against that team at home, Russ had 0 tds, a pick and just looked off target. The next home game vs the Giants where the weather was similar, he threw 0 TDs and two picks.
Sunday's game, 4 picks and remember how bad the weather was vs New Orleans in the playoffs last year, Russ had 100 yards no tds, no picks.
I'm confident he'll play noticeably better in Arizona...but that's just an observation."

SirTed

Reaction score
Russ definitely struggles in the rain, despite having every advantage. Hopefully this will be the game that breaks the trend.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30fws72p said:
I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion.

That's not an opinion it is a statical fact. Don,t shoot the messenger, if the game is played in the rain Wilson will play like crap. The team can still win but Wilson will be awful.

canfan

Reaction score
sdog1981":121yghn4 said:
SoulfishHawk":121yghn4 said:
I don't need numbers to back up anything. If you think the weather will affect how he plays, that's YOUR opinion.

That's not an opinion it is a statical fact. Don,t shoot the messenger, if the game is played in the rain Wilson will play like crap. The team can still win but Wilson will be awful.

Now this IS just an opinion, but if I am remembering correctly, what struck me was how wind combined with rain affect his "touch passes". When he drives the ball on short and intermediate routes, its not so bad, but his deep ball that he likes to put air under, or if he is trying to drop the ball between 2 zone defenders really gets messed up. I wonder how many of the games you mentioned in your first post had wind as a big factor? I'm hoping we need both rain AND gustly winds before Wilson's passing is affected drastically.

Chapow

Reaction score
sdog1981":amro7pbn said:
SoulfishHawk":amro7pbn said:

You need to learn the difference between a fact and an opinion. What I emphasized in your quote is an opinion, not a fact.

Even if he has always played like crap every time he has ever played in rainy, windy conditions, (and I don't know whether he has or not) that is no guarantee that he will always play like crap every single time he plays in rainy, windy conditions.

This is pretty simple stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh, how cute. It's a "fact" that Wilson will play like crap if it rains? I've been hearing for years all the things that Wilson CAN'T do. He has been proving clueless people wrong his ENTIRE CAREER. :roll:
Very few QB's in this league have had his success/winning percentage since he's been in the NFL. But don't let that cloud your opinion, because obviously he will play like crap since it's raining. I'm sure Russell Wilson is soooooo worried about a little rain. :?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sdog1981":16ivv2wr said:
SoulfishHawk":16ivv2wr said:

Seahawks have had a very bad game in extreme heat. (San Diego)
Seahawks have had a very bad game in extreme cold (Minnesota)

I don't ever recall them or Russ having a particularly bad game during rain. In fact I looked forward to inclimate weather here in town as the Hawks generally did well.. SF comes to mind a couple of years ago, the game was delayed by thunderstorms in fact.. Oh, we trounced the Niners in that game.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would take a on legged Russ with a banged up Oline in rain, over a healthy Matty Ice in rain 7 days a week.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":34vimdis said:
I wish everyone would quit being so scared. It's annoying. :stirthepot:
"tell em..."MAN UP"!!!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The forecast is looking worse and worse. Wet as hell and windy.

A

Anonymous

Hawk_Nation":35ybiby9 said:
I would take a on legged Russ with a banged up Oline in rain, over a healthy Matty Ice in rain 7 days a week.

Not to hijack this thread with a fantasy hot tip, but...

Those of you with Russell Wilson on your squads need to sit him for this game.

I WILL get shelled for this tidbit, I know, but just trust me on this one. Seriously.

Signed,
Houstradamus82

:les:

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":25v399pj said:
Hawk_Nation":25v399pj said:

Not to hijack this thread with a fantasy hot tip, but...

Those of you with Russell Wilson on your squads need to sit him for this game.

I WILL get shelled for this tidbit, I know, but just trust me on this one. Seriously.

Signed,
Houstradamus82

:les:

I agree...

Im starting Stafford this week against the Rams.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have noticed but Wilson is way more accurate this year than any previous years.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love how we pick 4 games and say that's the proof Wilson doesn't play well in the rain. He has played multiple games in acclimate weather some of them huge games. Wilson at home is a safer bet in any weather than Ryan in the Link on the opposite coast.

nategreat

Reaction score
Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Present forecast is for light rain in the morning and showers in the afternoon and winds around 15 miles per hour. Doesn't sound all that terrible to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even sure why the Hawks should show up on Sunday. It might rain. Clearly Russell can't play football in the rain :roll:

A

Anonymous

nategreat":1w843oub said:
Bookmark this thread, it's gonna be filled with all sorts of different crow eating.

Bookmark to your heart's delight Nate, and you very well may be seeing me take one of the first bites, but I will say this:

I rarely have feelings that cause me to wake from a sound sleep and pace the kitchen until my slippers become sweat-soaked and the wife yells "come back to bed!". Last night, this did occur.

This same thing occurred twice in recent memory. Once, the night prior to the Panthers game ending our playoff run last season, and the other, the night before SBLIX. I can't explain why it happens, nor can I channel these happenings into my making a bet that ends up making me any money. I can only tell you that this time my nightmare included tipped passes and some very untimely WR drops.

I want sooooo much to be wrong, but I have learned to succumb to these infrequent premonitions and have begun to trust and act on them accordingly. I still think we win, and win easily, but Russell will not be the reason we do. I believe our Special Teams and our defense come to the rescue.

Nope, it's not the rain or wind, we all know that isn't going to be it. It's a combination of inept circumstance and some Falcons good luck that curtails the Wilson efforts this Sunday. Dan has every opportunity to shine against our regime and he is an extremely talented, motivated, and adept coach. He will show well against us, if it kills him in doing so.

Sorry folks, I wish I had better news for you.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So has RW sucked at throwing the ball EVERY time it's rained? Or is it just every game he's sucked at throwing has been rainy? Huge difference.

A

Anonymous

The_Z_Man":258buho9 said:
HoustonHawk82":258buho9 said:
nategreat":258buho9 said:

Bookmark to your heart's delight Nate, and you very well may be seeing me take one of the first bites, but I will say this:

I rarely have feelings that cause me to wake from a sound sleep and pace the kitchen until my slippers become sweat-soaked and the wife yells "come back to bed!". Last night, this did occur.

This same thing occurred twice in recent memory. Once, the night prior to the Panthers game ending our playoff run last season, and the other, the night before SBLIX. I can't explain why it happens, nor can I channel these happenings into my making a bet that ends up making me any money. I can only tell you that this time my nightmare included tipped passes and some very untimely WR drops.

I want sooooo much to be wrong, but I have learned to succumb to these infrequent premonitions and have begun to trust and act on them accordingly. I still think we win, and win easily, but Russell will not be the reason we do. I believe our Special Teams and our defense come to the rescue.

Nope, it's not the rain or wind, we all know that isn't going to be it. It's a combination of inept circumstance and some Falcons good luck that curtails the Wilson efforts this Sunday. (DAN) has every opportunity to shine against our regime and he is an extremely talented, motivated, and adept coach. He will show well against us, if it kills him in doing so.

Sorry folks, I wish I had better news for you.

Gus, as in Gus Bradley?

I think you meant to say... Dan.

If you are going to try scare the hell out of us with prognostications of doom, at least get the name of the ex-assistant right! We aren't playing the damn Jaguars.

Yes, I did, Dan Quinn it is... My bad.