Weather Forecast for Sunday....

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":3h7s3tdl said:

This is why I posted this to begin with. I was told that there was a remote possibility of a nasty storm coming in, but to bank on 15-20mph gusts come game time. Over the week the size of the storm has grown, but it looks like most will be farther inland by Sunday afternoon.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I am worried about the weather. We win at least 6 or 7 times out of 10 and crazy weather is just another variable that can mess with the game for both teams. I would rather have nice weather and a loud crowd and let the chips fall where they may.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Largent80":f95rwbiv said:
The friggin power could be out. There may not even be a game.

There must be a backup source of power. Plus you can be damn sure that will be the first area to have power restored on Sunday.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2416u25h said:
I'm not even sure why the Hawks should show up on Sunday. It might rain. Clearly Russell can't play football in the rain :roll:
Bevell can't read his playbook properly in the rain, maybe that will be our only salvation?

:sarcasm_off:

Largent80

Reaction score
andyh64000":l7edlu0x said:
Largent80":l7edlu0x said:
The friggin power could be out. There may not even be a game.

There must be a backup source of power. Plus you can be damn sure that will be the first area to have power restored on Sunday.

Obviously you missed the inaugural day storm in 1992. There are Energizers but, I believe the stadium will need a bit more.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Falcons play in a dome so any storm will probably benefit us a lot as we have the stronger running game.

I expect our run defense to play at its typical elite level and Jarran Reed will be back also.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Largent80":znwuweyx said:
Obviously you missed the inaugural day storm in 1992. There are Energizers but, I believe the stadium will need a bit more.

I watched that roll in and waited it out from the 9th floor of the Bank of America building in downtown Bellevue.

That was a fun day.

sdog1981

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":fjeujfdg said:
Largent80":fjeujfdg said:

I watched that roll in and waited it out from the 9th floor of the Bank of America building in downtown Bellevue.

That was a fun day.

To show my age. I was in middle school and got stuck at school when my mom could not come and pick me up because the I90 bridge was closed.

sdog1981

Reaction score
fenderbender123":luxtcwjb said:
So has RW sucked at throwing the ball EVERY time it's rained? Or is it just every game he's sucked at throwing has been rainy? Huge difference.

Yes every game has played in the rain he has played poorly.

sdog1981

Reaction score
These are the numbers again for Wilson in the rain as a pro. The early season 49ers game was halted due to thunderstorms and restarted after it stopped raining. Score was 0-0 due to a Earl Thomas interception in the end zone.

2012: VS 49ers 42-13 Wilson 15-21 4TD-1INT

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

We need the 2012 Rain Wilson.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
The Packers game was not all his fault. Kearse rubbed his gloves with Crisco that day.

treefidy

Reaction score
12thbrah":31vli2bi said:
Falcons play in a dome so any storm will probably benefit us a lot as we have the stronger running game.

I expect our run defense to play at its typical elite level and Jarran Reed will be back also.

You do? That's news to me...

Is Lynch back?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sdog1981":385wzcpz said:
FearTheBeak":385wzcpz said:
Largent80":385wzcpz said:

That was a fun day.

To show my age. I was in middle school and got stuck at school when my mom could not come and pick me up because the I90 bridge was closed.
The show my age, I was six during the Columbus Day storm of 1962. However I lived in Spokane and we didn't have anything like happen here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":3nhrdvho said:
Sgt. Largent":3nhrdvho said:
Hawk_Nation":3nhrdvho said:
Falcons have the better RB duo, but the Hawks have the better run defense.

Not really an advantage either way IMO

This.

If those Falcon RB's don't scare you, you're not paying attention. Best RB tandem in the NFL right now, and with a QB like Ryan and WR core with Jones? That's one scary as hell offense.

i'd agree, but I'd also venture to say that our run defense is leagues better than theirs. This is a game that our OL needs to establish the run.

The difference between Seattle and Denver in run defense is glaring. I'd almost feel better if we let Jones get his 80 yards and focus keeping them around 50 to 60 yards on the ground. Plus with the weather that plays right into our hands. As you said the offensive line will need to be good, verdict is still out for me on how good our run blocking is even though we average 93 on the ground which is good. Atlanta allows about 100 per game on the ground.

Michael should have around 100 with 2 tds given that its at home I'd say 120ish.

Good matchup but the Seahawks are still better in the crucial areas although it is somewhat closer than it has been in years past.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Latest projections for kickoff:

57 degrees and showers. Winds 10-25 from the North endzone.

The major storm systems will have passed by game time but still wet and a little breezy. Unfortunately as we know some of Russ' worst games have been when the ball is wet. Hope he breaks that trend Sunday.

Should be an equalizer though being that the Falcons are a Dome team.

SeaChat

Reaction score
All of us that live along the north Pacific coastline know that it takes 2 or 3 years to grow the webs between your toes, and for the rain to start running off your back. Russell and the greater majority of the Seahawks key players have been up here long enough to be at home playing in the rain. I just worked out in the rain all day wearing nothing but a baseball cap and my Seahawk sweater, I got thourouly soaked but it really didn't slow me down any, and I'm a near 60 year old man. The rain will favor the Seahawks play, and I won't be a bit surprised if a good number of the Falcon's will be "under the weather" with colds, sore throats, and just wanting to hurry up and get the game over and get as far away from Seattle and the Seahawks as they can. The real Seahaw (weather front) is gonna swoop down on the CLINK this Sunday and carry its team to victory in impressive fashion. I predict we win big and look good doing it. Go Hawks!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
"I just worked out in the rain all day wearing nothing but a baseball cap and my Seahawk sweater"

disgusting.. you didn't get arrested?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sdog1981":1bnrmko1 said:
These are the numbers again for Wilson in the rain as a pro. The early season 49ers game was halted due to thunderstorms and restarted after it stopped raining. Score was 0-0 due to a Earl Thomas interception in the end zone.

2012: VS 49ers 42-13 Wilson 15-21 4TD-1INT

2013 VS Cards: lose 10-17 after forcing 4 Carson Palmer interceptions. They could not move the ball at all. Wilson 11/27 108 1 TD 1 INT

2014 VS Saints: They squeak by the Saints. That game had crazy weather windy, sunny, rainy. Wilson was just 9/18 103 yards 0TD 0INT

2014 VS Oakland: This was a horrible Raiders team the Hawks won 30-24. Wilson 17/35 179 0TD 0INT

2015 VS Green Bay: We all know about this one Wilson played like pure trash. If the Packers had not made some mental blunders they would have won. Wilson 14/29 209 1TD 4INT

We need the 2012 Rain Wilson.

4-1 in the rain? Eh, no matter how crappy he plays, I'll take those numbers. Besides, it's gonna be bad weather for both teams on the field. You can take the visiting dome team if you like.