What a bunch of sour pusses.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Optimus25":32jrfnks said:
I'm tired of second half adjustments... I'm ready for first half offensive execution.

That is it , if we keep doing that we are going to be down in a score at halftime were it is too hard to come back Championship teams do not play that way . This team is no were near championship level yet.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Correct. Hell the Cards are putting up 45 points a game. We have some work to do just to pull off the division title, much less the Superb Owl.

kearly

Reaction score
It looked like John Fox kept dialing up outside blitzes, including corner blitzes, until Seattle did something to stop it. My guess is that Pete thought Wilson could roll outside and evade the free rusher, but it didn't quite work. It was an odd decision to not use Fred Jackson as a blocker more.

I thought Bevell did a good job in this game. The early struggles looked like personnel mistakes to me. OL penalties, Wilson taking sacks he shouldn't have taken, etc. The 4th down play to Lynch was really neat. Seattle had 4th and short twice in this game and completed two passes, albeit barely. With this year's OL struggling in power running situations, I'm not as down on those decisions as I would have been in the past.

Wilson looked pretty sharp. He would have had a monster game if not for three drops.

It was funny as hell seeing Seattle use the Rams trick play from 2014.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't care about the Cards thumping cupcake teams. They did get some terrific news today with regards to the Big Ben injury though. It now looks like they won't play a good team until Seattle in week 10.

That loss to the Rams in week one is looking like a really big deal right now. We need Arizona to drop a game like that, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen as long as Palmer is healthy.

hawk45

Reaction score
kearly":2iq5b6ua said:
It looked like John Fox kept dialing up outside blitzes, including corner blitzes, until Seattle did something to stop it. My guess is that Pete thought Wilson could roll outside and evade the free rusher, but it didn't quite work. It was an odd decision to not use Fred Jackson as a blocker more.

I thought Bevell did a good job in this game. The early struggles looked like personnel mistakes to me. OL penalties, Wilson taking sacks he shouldn't have taken, etc. The 4th down play to Lynch was really neat. Seattle had 4th and short twice in this game and completed two passes, albeit barely. With this year's OL struggling in power running situations, I'm not as down on those decisions as I would have been in the past.

Wilson looked pretty sharp. He would have had a monster game if not for three drops.

It was funny as hell seeing Seattle use the Rams trick play from 2014.

All that plus Bevell also dialed up some I formation with Rawls out there and me likey.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2dmhmszn said:
Based on these posts, you would swear that we lost the game.
There is a lot to be happy about today!!!
-3 rookies having a stand out day!!!
-2nd half defensive adjustments were really impressive.
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

Seriously, this is the kind of game to give our team a great confidence boost.
It shows that against good teams they will do poorly as they have already shown by having 2 losses

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2id4dp7o said:
Our line is approaching horrendous status but aside of that I'm really happy with this game. Wilson was throwing some nice passes, lockett was on point again, Grahamhad a great game, Rawls rushed for over 100 yards and we allowed 0 points.

Lots of positives, but it will be difficult to beat the red hot Cards for the division title though.
I think a lot of those sacks were on Wilson. Yes, they did whiff a few times but Wilson doesn't do them any favors. I saw a lot of double clutching, and holding onto the ball for way longer than he should have. He also ran himself directly into at least one sack when he had a nice pocket. Russell Wilson still is not very good at manipulating the pocket, the Seahawks will always have pass pro problems until he fixes this area of the game. The good news is it looks like he knows this is a weakness, the bad part is he's committing too much to this area. I'm not seeing him make those amazing scrambling plays that we've been used to seeing. Instead he's taking off, or holding the ball for way too long in the pocket.

I've also noticed that his ball placement is questionable. He should've at least had at least one more touchdown than he did today. I expect more from a QB that is among the best paid QB's in the NFL.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1l88le0j said:
Seahwkgal":1l88le0j said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

It shows that against good teams they will do poorly as they have already shown by having 2 losses

For gods sake.

Did the Seahawks lose some close games on the road last year? How about the year before that?

The NFL is so new to so many of our fans.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3q9cdkpj said:
Correct. Hell the Cards are putting up 45 points a game. We have some work to do just to pull off the division title, much less the Superb Owl.

The Cards have played an incredibly soft schedule thus far, but to be fair, they are playing well.

I want to see them on the road against a quality opponent before I concede anything their way though.

hawk45

Reaction score
Wilson is what he is. Didn't throw any picks, made some big plays.

What makes him elite is the threat to bust out the legs when really necessary. Wasn't necessary today, it was the right call not to run too much R/O with him keeping.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3ojdsj8g said:
Overseasfan":3ojdsj8g said:
Our line is approaching horrendous status but aside of that I'm really happy with this game. Wilson was throwing some nice passes, lockett was on point again, Grahamhad a great game, Rawls rushed for over 100 yards and we allowed 0 points.

Lots of positives, but it will be difficult to beat the red hot Cards for the division title though.
I think a lot of those sacks were on Wilson. Yes, they did whiff a few times but Wilson doesn't do them any favors. I saw a lot of double clutching, and holding onto the ball for way longer than he should have. He also ran himself directly into at least one sack when he had a nice pocket. Russell Wilson still is not very good at manipulating the pocket, the Seahawks will always have pass pro problems until he fixes this area of the game. The good news is it looks like he knows this is a weakness, the bad part is he's committing too much to this area. I'm not seeing him make those amazing scrambling plays that we've been used to seeing. Instead he's taking off, or holding the ball for way too long in the pocket.

I've also noticed that his ball placement is questionable. He should've at least had at least one more touchdown than he did today. I expect more from a QB that is among the best paid QB's in the NFL.

He should of had the one that Tyler Lockett didn't catch for a TD. That was a great throw, Lockett's hands were closed before the ball got there. There were also alot of drop balls from good passes too. He needs more time to workout with Graham and Lockett and get in sync with them.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":ahpch71p said:
Spin Doctor":ahpch71p said:
Overseasfan":ahpch71p said:

He should of had the one that Tyler Lockett didn't catch for a TD. That was a great throw, Lockett's hands were closed before the ball got there. There were also alot of drop balls from good passes too. He needs more time to workout with Graham and Lockett and get in sync with them.

It was a catch able ball for sure.

But it also was on the wrong side....Lockett had to turn all the way around.

Considering Wilson was on the run, it was understandable why it was off.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2402v5tl said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Agree 100%!

I had to cook cause the wife had to work so I just finished the game and didn't participate in these threads and haven't read them all yet, but the salient points are:

- Rawls looks like Money
- Russ got his groove on (OK, in the second half)
- Jimmy Is gonna be fine in this offense
- OK it's not all sunshine and rainbows, our O-line is still a work in progress and even though they are still progressing they've admittedly got a long way to go ...

But mostly WE GOT A SHUTOUT! A BAGEL BABY!!

That sh!t has been a long time coming and it feels GREAT! ... I wanna see at least two or three more of those this year :th2thumbs:

Taehwk

Reaction score
Come on now, since when do the Seahawks win in style? Every year it's the same - we aren't winning by blowing out the other team and everyone gets all freaked out. You have to remember that the other team has pro players too and they have pride when playing against the Hawks. The Hawks aren't built to look pretty and win in style - they grind out victories, they are resilient - they find away to make it happen it isn't a off/on switch with this team. They plod along and assert their will on opponents and at the end these guys come out victorious more times than not. Just look at how this team has responded in the second half of games - they make adjustments and grind.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
pmedic920":1djqeitw said:
I "get it" but this game showed that we do have some serious weak spots.
I'm happy with the win but hoping for more.
We can't/won't make a deep playoff run as is.

For christ sake... it's week 3

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":51vzbya0 said:
I "get it" but this game showed that we do have some serious weak spots.
I'm happy with the win but hoping for more.
We can't/won't make a deep playoff run as is.

I agree with both of you :) Lots of sour pusses. Shutouts in the NFL and a 21+ win to boot, that's a good day

That being said, there are a handful of non-sour-pusses that are posting that are definitely more about Russel-in, as in moving on to the next game already. Got to move on to the next game regardless of win or lose. 1-0 every week.

In this case, looking at Detroit. I agree, there are some worrisome things. For me, I think it's a bit troublesome because our LOB still looks to be finding its way. I think the Lions passing game might have a heck of a day.

Do you trust our offense yet to be able to grind out some long drives? Not quite yet.

It might be a tough day against the Lions

AgentDib

Reaction score
Overseasfan":32nx8ryd said:
Pretty sure this exact comment was made after week 3 last season too. There's a lot that can happen over the next 13 games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No sour pussing here.

Good win, still some concerns, but what team doesn't have concerns? I like how the D looked with Kam back, offense is SLOWLY getting better...........too slow for my tastes, but I do see some improvement.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I feel great about pretty much everything, especially finding a running game with Rawls in the second half, but I do have grave concerns about the OL. I trust Cable and Pete believe the guys out there have good enough upside to justify the early growing pains, but they are painful to watch a lot of the time.

Enough time for griping later. Today is a good day!