What a bunch of sour pusses.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":21yeytel said:
Rob12":21yeytel said:
Am I the only one not at all worried about the offense?

Our offenses have always lagged behind the defense. It seems it takes a handful of games to get in a groove. By mid season, I really believe that this offense will be a very good unit. As Graham gets more game time with Russ and Lockett gets more experience each week, the offense will begin to click. The same goes for the offensive line.

This talk of Russ regressing is stupid.

The Seahawks crushed the spread yesterday. Pretty sad seeing all the complaints.
Beating the Bears is hardly anything to get excited for. The Hawks are supposed to beat the Bears.

But the thing is, the Hawks didn't beat the Bears offensively in a convincing fashion. This is why people want more.

Not all wins are the same. Some wins are more telling than others.

Come on, one offensive score? That's pathetic IMO.

There are teams out there are going to give the Hawks a lot of trouble especially if they play good defense.

We still have to play the Bengals, Cards twice, and the Rams again. Those teams can play well defensively and if our offensive line doesn't improve dramatically, it's not hard seeing this Seahawks team lose 4-6 more games.

So, one more TD on offense? Would that have been enough?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3ngqqnvi said:
Rob12":3ngqqnvi said:

Our offenses have always lagged behind the defense. It seems it takes a handful of games to get in a groove. By mid season, I really believe that this offense will be a very good unit. As Graham gets more game time with Russ and Lockett gets more experience each week, the offense will begin to click. The same goes for the offensive line.

The Seahawks crushed the spread yesterday. Pretty sad seeing all the complaints.
Beating the Bears is hardly anything to get excited for. The Hawks are supposed to beat the Bears.

But the thing is, the Hawks didn't beat the Bears offensively in a convincing fashion. This is why people want more.

There are teams out there are going to give the Hawks a lot of trouble especially if they play good defense.

We still have to play the Bengals, Cards twice, and the Rams again. Those teams can play well defensively and if our offensive line doesn't improve dramatically, it's not hard seeing this Seahawks team lose 4-6 more games.

You think the Seahawks might go 8-8?

You think a 26 point win isnt conincing?

If we would have won 36-10 you would have been happy.....or no?

taz291819

Reaction score
Taehwk":1caj5jhf said:
Come on now, since when do the Seahawks win in style? Every year it's the same - we aren't winning by blowing out the other team and everyone gets all freaked out. You have to remember that the other team has pro players too and they have pride when playing against the Hawks. The Hawks aren't built to look pretty and win in style - they grind out victories, they are resilient - they find away to make it happen it isn't a off/on switch with this team. They plod along and assert their will on opponents and at the end these guys come out victorious more times than not. Just look at how this team has responded in the second half of games - they make adjustments and grind.

Exactly. That's been our MO for the past few seasons. The first half we're always slow. Hell, when I watch the game, as long as we're not down by more than 17 at half, I know we stand a chance.

We are a second half team for the majority of the season, including the playoffs.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2m27b0gq said:
Seahwkgal":2m27b0gq said:
Based on these posts, you would swear that we lost the game.
There is a lot to be happy about today!!!
-3 rookies having a stand out day!!!
-2nd half defensive adjustments were really impressive.
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

Seriously, this is the kind of game to give our team a great confidence boost.

If they beat any other team 26-0, then I think the mood is a bit brighter here.. but that Bears team that came to town yesterday was beyond awful. The offense only putting one TD on the board is what is very disconcerting.

Again, the win is nice.. but they would have had to hit a special level of ineptness to lose to that Bears team. I think everyone is frustrated because this team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to be playing the way they have been after 3 games.
People must remember that the 2009 Jim Mora Seahawks had two shutouts. Now, I'm not saying that the Seahawks are going to win only five games, however it is worth noting that the Seahawks do not look as sharp this year. Even against the Bears our offense looked anemic for a good portion of the game. Points wise (not counting special teams) the Seahawks are ranked 18th in the NFL on offense. Now let me ask everyone here, do you think that is acceptable performance for the talent level on our offense? Against the BEARS manned by Jimmy Clausen, coupled with short fields our offense still looked underwhelming, and only managed ONE touchdown. Again, the Seahawks are also ranked 18th in overall yardage after tonight's game. Only four other teams average 5.2 or less yards per play, and the Seahawks only make 36 percent of their third downs. Only three teams have a worse third down percentage than the Seahawks.

These are NOT good numbers by any standards. The Seahawks are at the bottom of the league on offense by almost every metric. With the talent and resources allocated to that side of the ball, the Seahawks should be much better on that side of the ball. I'm not asking for a Patriots, or Packers level of offense, I am however asking for more than we've been getting out of that side of the ball.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":nvsrvoep said:
Hasselbeck":nvsrvoep said:
Seahwkgal":nvsrvoep said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

If they beat any other team 26-0, then I think the mood is a bit brighter here.. but that Bears team that came to town yesterday was beyond awful. The offense only putting one TD on the board is what is very disconcerting.

Again, the win is nice.. but they would have had to hit a special level of ineptness to lose to that Bears team. I think everyone is frustrated because this team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to be playing the way they have been after 3 games.
People must remember that the 2009 Jim Mora Seahawks had two shutouts. Now, I'm not saying that the Seahawks are going to win only five games, however it is worth noting that the Seahawks do not look as sharp this year. Even against the Bears our offense looked anemic for a good portion of the game. Points wise (not counting special teams) the Seahawks are ranked 18th in the NFL on offense. Now let me ask everyone here, do you think that is acceptable performance for the talent level on our offense? Against the BEARS manned by Jimmy Clausen, coupled with short fields our offense still looked underwhelming, and only managed ONE touchdown. Again, the Seahawks are also ranked 18th in overall yardage after tonight's game. Only four other teams average 5.2 or less yards per play, and the Seahawks only make 36 percent of their third downs. Only three teams have a worse third down percentage than the Seahawks.

These are NOT good numbers by any standards. The Seahawks are at the bottom of the league on offense by almost every metric. With the talent and resources allocated to that side of the ball, the Seahawks should be much better on that side of the ball. I'm not asking for a Patriots, or Packers level of offense, I am however asking for more than we've been getting out of that side of the ball.

Its week 3.

Lets reevaluate in a month or two and see where we are.

18th is lower, but not drastically lower than what we have been ranked in years past on offense btw. Especially considering Lynch hasnt been 100%.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1tvsbgw8 said:

Eh, whatever, I don't expect that we're ever going to see everybody pleased with a game, but I agree with you, it does get tiresome hearing all the sniveling (complete with the running snotty noses), BUT, it's their own negativity mindset and they have to deal with it.
They see it as their duty to point out mistakes (even the miniscule shit) but it's on them to accept happy, or kick it to the side for all the sour.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
ilikedlargent":wl80buo7 said:
Seahwkgal":wl80buo7 said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

It shows that against good teams they will do poorly as they have already shown by having 2 losses

By this reasoning, the New England Patriots did poorly last year, as by the fourth game of the season, they had as many losses as we do this year, and against the Dolphins and Chiefs. Their wins, they barely won against the Raiders and beat a very bad Vikings team.

Rob12

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2qzzfksq said:
Rob12":2qzzfksq said:

It's been three games.

Three. Games.

Great teams start slow every year. The Patriots and Packers last year. We were 3-3 at one point last season and were written off. Bad teams start great some years, then fade into mediocrity.

After three games, this all means nothing. The goal, as cliche as it is, is to go 1-0 each week from this point forward.

Look at some variables this season. Marshawn is banged up. Graham is brand new to this offense. The offensive line is young and taking their licks. Russ has a few new receivers that he needs some reps with. Not to mention that this offseason was an insanely tumultuous one, with the SB loss looming huge, the RW/BW extensions, the Bennett unrest, and finally Kam's holdout that has already affected this season a great deal... Give this team a chance to heal itself and come together again - because that's what they've always done under PC.

This is nothing new at .NET, though. Fans tend to overreact. We beat the lowly Bears by nearly four touchdowns yesterday, and smoked the spread in the process. These are games that can be built upon. But people are pissed. This is the NFL, and no one lays down for anyone. But I'll take a 26 pool win over anyone.

I don't know how people haven't realized by now that this team starts slow, but then floors the accelerator in the second half of the season.

How quickly people get sour on the Seahawks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2izvvuol said:
Spin Doctor":2izvvuol said:
Hasselbeck":2izvvuol said:
Seahwkgal":2izvvuol said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Its week 3.

Lets reevaluate in a month or two and see where we are.

18th is lower, but not drastically lower than what we have been ranked in years past on offense btw. Especially considering Lynch hasnt been 100%.
There is a correction that needs to be made after the KC game, the Seahawks are now ranked 19th, the bottom third of the league. They are ranked 28th in yards per play, and near the bottom in converted third downs. THAT is a huge problem that needs to be solved if we are going to go anywhere this year. I'm not looking for a high flying offense, I'm looking for an offense that takes advantage of the opportunities it is given. Our offense cannot seem to do that this year, and quite frankly it worries me. Even with Rawls rushing for over 100 yards our offense still looked bad save for one or two drives in the third quarter.

sutz

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2fvgl4sa said:
We'll never make a deep playoff run with the fanbase as is. Need to see improvement.
I see what you did there.

:laugh: