What a bunch of sour pusses.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
No U OP.

I thought it was a thing around these parts not to tell others how to enjoy being a fan? Can we please lock all posts relating to this. Thanks.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Let's face it; there are people on .net, that if you gave them a $million they'd complain it was in small bills.

Weird but true.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
This was a nice win, but I think after three weeks we can see that the team still needs quite a bit of work and that's where you get some of the "sour pusses".

The O-line is still a weak link that needs more time to jell and the chemistry between Wilson and the WR/TE group is still in need of a bit of work (more so with Chris, Jimmy and Tyler). The penalties are still an issue and the coaching and play calling is up and down play to play. Add in a defense that is still finding it's footing with some new players and you have a team that is going to get better because of it's talent, but it still needs some time. I think by week 8 or 9 it will all be clicking again, I just hope the team is right at that 7-2 or 6-3 mark come week nine and they can push for a home game or two in the playoffs, But that really depends on how real the Cards are going into the second half of the season.

xgeoff

Reaction score
pmedic920":1y60czdd said:
NFSeahawks628":1y60czdd said:
What?

I'm interested to see what you thought of Week 1 and 2, if you thought this was bad.

I'm not saying it was bad.
viewtopic.php?t=114648#p1710440

I think there were some very strong positives.
I am saying that we have some work to do, if we want to make a "deep run" in the playoffs.

This was arguably the worst/weakest team in the NFL and at times they gave us plenty of trouble.

This is how I feel. We could easily be 3-0, but we're not, so we need to be able to execute better. I'm not panicking, I'm not hating on the team, I'm just saying let's not think that all is well when we stumble to a 3-0 halftime lead against the worst team in the league. I hope for better.

And I do see a lot of positive developments:

-- At times the O-line pass blocked well. The Jimmy Graham TD only happens because Russ got protection
-- At times the O-line run blocked well. When they were able to stop penetration into the backfield, you saw Rawls able to run to daylight, even when the play was not designed to go where it went. You stop the penetration, good things happen.
-- I thought Bevel called a good game, and we didn't have to wait till the 2nd half for it. Even though the offense sputtered in the first half, I don't think it was because of the play calling.
-- I loved the way Jordan Hill played on the interior. I really like this guy and hope he continues to play well.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I do dislike threads about fan reactions. If you have an issue with someone's post, reply to that post and tell them, don't start a new thread to take people to task.

There are good things in the win and there are bad things.

Anyone who watched the first half and didn't think the Hawks looked average at best against the worst team in football needs to take their head out of their...sand.

Not sour, but getting CRANKY!

SC

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, I was a tad grumpy at my seat in the first half :lol:

Of course, my wife and I were basically saying what we always say, they'll come out and push that button in the 2nd half, as always. It's frustrating, but I've come to expect it. I would LOVE to see them just roll a team in the first half at some point. :thirishdrinkers:

byau

Reaction score
LymonHawk":x47zbogk said:
Let's face it; there are people on .net, that if you gave them a $million they'd complain it was in small bills.

Weird but true.

Which brings up something I've wondered for a long time, if you carry a roll of singles with you instead of 20s or 50s, can you still call it a roll?

Back to your regularly scheduled thread:

Nice win, stuff still sucks, and hopefully we can repeat that mantra the rest of the season ...

GO HAWKS!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pmedic920":hcvmg7qn said:
I "get it" but this game showed that we do have some serious weak spots.
I'm happy with the win but hoping for more.
We can't/won't make a deep playoff run as is.

Very true. But people were saying the same thing last year after the Chargers and Cowboys beat us up.

The positive is that the Seahawks have proven they can rise up and fix those weak spots. Let's hope they can do it again!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1dwnnleh said:
Based on these posts, you would swear that we lost the game.
There is a lot to be happy about today!!!
-3 rookies having a stand out day!!!
-2nd half defensive adjustments were really impressive.
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

Seriously, this is the kind of game to give our team a great confidence boost.

If they beat any other team 26-0, then I think the mood is a bit brighter here.. but that Bears team that came to town yesterday was beyond awful. The offense only putting one TD on the board is what is very disconcerting.

Again, the win is nice.. but they would have had to hit a special level of ineptness to lose to that Bears team. I think everyone is frustrated because this team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to be playing the way they have been after 3 games.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
pmedic920":2004lore said:
Nobody else can/will either. Playoffs don't start until January.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok, if they don't win by 3 touchdowns on Monday, there will be more threads about how it's not good enough :snack:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2afzvg5t said:
I don't think we have "Arrived" yet, but with a very raw Offensive line, I do think however, that we have to pull back on the reins of expectations.
As the Offense stands right now, I'd agree with your assessment, that we don't yet have what it takes to run with the Big Dogs, but we're still in early development, but it all has to start somewhere.
There's going to be a few misfires as the Season moves along, but I think we need to take heart with the progress that they're making along the way, just for sanity's sake.
The first two games weren't conducive for the growth of the Seahawks Offensive challenges, nor the weaknesses of the Seahawks Secondary, who were playing mostly out of position because of Kam Chancellor's stubborn holdout.
Even though the 10:00 am (7:00 am inner clock) game in St. Lousy came out a loss, it had to come down to overtime for the Rams to eke out a win.
Game 2 = the NOT 100% Seahawks Defense had to duke it out with what most of us Seahawks fans would argue is the BEST Quarterback in the game right now, AND, in Green Bay, with the Packers pride on the line, they still couldn't blow the incomplete Seahawks out.
Game 3, although not a show of total dominance, was encouraging to us fans who were looking for a spark of positives, and that's what the OP was alluding to, for which I happen to agree with. - - +....+?

bandiger

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bn0fd58 said:
It's ok, if they don't win by 3 touchdowns on Monday, there will be more threads about how it's not good enough :snack:

Well if they can shut down the Lions like the Broncos did, I don't have anymore complaints or worries about the defense. Who cares about offense if the defense can go back to the norm, as long as RW can limit turnovers and we get the run game going with Rawls/Jackson, everything is peachy. I know some fans might expect more but at this point, I'll accept low scoring wins :stirthepot:

two dog

Reaction score
Rocket":317al76f said:
ATTENTION:
My puss is not sour.
That is all.

Heartiest congratulations on the sweetness of your puss.
It would seem that you are somewhat in the minority though.

Thanks to the OP for reminding us that no NFL win, let alone
a shutout, is a foregone conclusion even against a weakened
opponent.
It's always easier to find faults and vulnerabilities with your own
team than the opponents.

As I recall, the fearsome Cardinals were in about the same place
last year on their winning streak. I wish we had their opening three
game schedule this year. There would be a lot less hand wringing.

Rob12

Reaction score
Am I the only one not at all worried about the offense?

Our offenses have always lagged behind the defense. It seems it takes a handful of games to get in a groove. By mid season, I really believe that this offense will be a very good unit. As Graham gets more game time with Russ and Lockett gets more experience each week, the offense will begin to click. The same goes for the offensive line.

This talk of Russ regressing is stupid.

The Seahawks crushed the spread yesterday. Pretty sad seeing all the complaints.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Rob12":ud1qkipp said:
Am I the only one not at all worried about the offense?

Our offenses have always lagged behind the defense. It seems it takes a handful of games to get in a groove. By mid season, I really believe that this offense will be a very good unit. As Graham gets more game time with Russ and Lockett gets more experience each week, the offense will begin to click. The same goes for the offensive line.

This talk of Russ regressing is stupid.

The Seahawks crushed the spread yesterday. Pretty sad seeing all the complaints.
Beating the Bears is hardly anything to get excited for. The Hawks are supposed to beat the Bears.

But the thing is, the Hawks didn't beat the Bears offensively in a convincing fashion. This is why people want more.

Not all wins are the same. Some wins are more telling than others.

Come on, one offensive score? That's pathetic IMO.

There are teams out there are going to give the Hawks a lot of trouble especially if they play good defense.

We still have to play the Bengals, Cards twice, and the Rams again. Those teams can play well defensively and if our offensive line doesn't improve dramatically, it's not hard seeing this Seahawks team lose 4-6 more games.