What are you most looking forward to seeing in preseason?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm just generally excited for Seahawks football. But there are a few things i'm especially looking forward to, and most involve the young guys.

1. Turbin vs Michael. And who earns the most carries as the #2 running back.

2. Thurmond and his level of play and health.

3. Jordan Hill and Jesse Williams. Along with Bennett and Avril. I want to see the new guys get some pressure and win some battles.

4. TARVARIS!!!!! (because I don't want to see much of #3 in the preseason.)

5. The battle at linebacker. I'll have an eye on John Lotulelei as he's my surprise pick to make the team.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I care way too much about our QB2 competition. I'm engrossed in it.

I also cannot wait to see where we plug in our new acquisitions on defense. Not Winfield, so much, but I want to see how many looks Avril gets at OLB as well as DE, I want to see Bennett both inside and outside, and I want to see Hill and Williams at the 1-tech and 3/5-tech respectively to get a glimpse into our future.

I want to see if Jeremy Lane put on some weight, kept most of his speed, and has the body to play at least decent press coverage on the outside just in case something happens to Browner or Sherman. While we're at it, I want to see if Simon is as good at press-coverage as advertised.

Watching Turbin and Michael are definitely givens.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
#1-3 - Percy Harvin, although I doubt we'll see him too much in the pre-season, just excided to see him in a freakin hawks jersey, the thought of it gets me all 'jacked up' like pete carroll.

#4 Luke Willson - be the man, because Zach Miller might end up being a cap casualty after this year.

#5 Thurmond/Simon/Lane - interested to see these guys play in pre-season; each of these guys might be competing for the #3 or even #2 spot on someone else's roster. I really like Lane. Have since training camp last year. But I Like Simon's size. Thurmond I just have on clue about becuase he's been a ghost.

ProckHawks

Reaction score
I love watching preseason games. I get to enjoy seeing my Hawks back on TV without the stress of caring if they win or not. I always wanna see how our rookies do, along with all of our key agents.

pehawk

Reaction score
CHris Harper. I think Harper was brought in to, hopefully, make any Sidney decision easier next year.

And, g'damn wouldn't it be nice if Howard TRULY redshirted last year?

Carp...its gots to be about Carp.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Preseason has always been a favorite time of mine. Maybe because it's a little before fall and my brothers were home from college. I'm the youngest of five brothers, but I'm the youngest by 3 1/2 years. The brother that I was/am closest to is 8 years older than I am. It was a real treat to be able to catch some football with him. So, there has always been a soft spot in my heart for preseason.

We used to set up a radio and play one-on-one basketball while listening to the games. We used to do the same thing for playoff basketball when he would come home for the summer.

Good memories. Boy, I can't wait for football!

BTW - You guys covered most of what I care to see. I am looking forward to seeing Harvin and all the rookes. Especially Simon (the cb) and John Lotulelei.

Tical21

Reaction score
The SAM position, Irvin in particular

The rookie DT's

Christine Michael

An empty injured reserve list.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking forward to the end of pre-season. I don't want to get to know the guys scrapping for the last few roster spots. Hate seeing them all fired up the last game only to hit the highway the next day.

I am an old softy and really wished the NFL carried larger rosters into the regular season. Just not going to happen so I just wait for the dust to settle.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I want to see how the new pieces fit in and see how Russell has synced with his receivers especially Harvin. I am interested to see how much Sweezy has progressed.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Im looking forward to the hawks front 7 on defense the most. There is so much new talent in this area I am ready to see what they can do. The end of last season this was the weakest part of the team. So it would really be nice to see the new pieces help this unit dominate. The offense with Russel working with them for an entire offseason has to be high on this list too. The only thing I don't want to see this preseason is lynch on the field.

Cartire

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wdw1fj7 said:
The final whistle of game 4, so that the unreasonable preseason hype can die down, and the real stuff can begin.

Your crazy. Preseason football is still football. A great game to watch regardless of if the wins count or not. Plus being able to see viable prospects and their impact.

I mean, your crazy if you dont think the Wilson show last year during preseason wasnt spectacular. Preseason alone with him rejuvenated a fan base from 2 7-9 seasons. Where I dont expect that remarkable of a showing from some of our new guys, the fact that its possible fills me up with so much anticipation.

Latest posts